Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon] Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor $99.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 8:13 pm
Dec 21, 2009
269 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
anyone have any experience manscaping with one of these?

i always nick myself with my regular electric shaver
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2006
4526 posts
58 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks, ordered one!
Jul 21, 2016
69 posts
87 upvotes
Leask
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:10 am
Had something like this one with a swivel head along time ago:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKKBTC/re ... rd_w=YgMmU

I absolutely hated it after using the trihead ones that I mentioned in my earlier post.
The cut hairs would get stuck under the place when it swiveled. It got very annoying as it all collected under there on both sides of the razor and was like unclogging a sewer of what collected under it.
Atleast this model doesn't have that design.
So that is a plus that is going to this one. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

But that was my first experience with a Panasonic razor and unfortunately the last one since I was tramatized that week I had with that razor and sworn I would never purchase another razor other than a phillips norelco ever again.
Even tried a mega expensive Braun with their cleaning base that looked like a hot tub for the razor and was electronic telling you when it was cleaned. Couldn't get use to that one either.
So once you go norelco you never go back.Winking Face

Sorry to say those who want to give this a try.Confused Face
So this is just my experience and you must have your own and make up your own decisions in life.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Your friendly neighbourhood shaving critic.
This shaver is a toy to be honest, we sell this to 15 years old who start to have a beard. It's weak, believe me. It cannot be compared to an arc5, it's like comparing a one-bed room and a castle..
Sep 9, 2014
267 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thank you OP for this sick deal. This is also BestBuy's Black Friday deal. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic- ... Id=5535601

Thank you everyone for your input. It gave me the confidence for paying this in USD and having it imported to Canada, and yet still save.
I never bought or thought of having an electric shaver. I will give the "best" a shot. How disappointing can it be, given it is the top vs BrAun's 9 series...
Nov 22, 2010
678 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
How loud is this shaver? (Let's say compared to the Braun)
Aug 8, 2016
184 posts
20 upvotes
How does this compare to the Braun 390CC-4 Series 3 Self-Cleaning Shaver?
Aug 14, 2014
158 posts
85 upvotes
How is warranty and return handled or US items?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3800 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
ericli007 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 4:08 am
Thank you OP for this sick deal. This is also BestBuy's Black Friday deal. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic- ... Id=5535601

Thank you everyone for your input. It gave me the confidence for paying this in USD and having it imported to Canada, and yet still save.
I never bought or thought of having an electric shaver. I will give the "best" a shot. How disappointing can it be, given it is the top vs BrAun's 9 series...
I have the ES-LV81-S (basically this razor but with a fancy dock/cleaning station).

I like mine a lot but I do find that I need to clean up certain parts of my face with a Mach 3 afterwards. Maybe because I'm lazy and I shave every 3 days or so. What the Panasonic is amazing at is shaving long beard hair - mustache hair, corners, etc. - The panasonic does a great job if you go over the area a few times - never pulls, never hurts. It's hard to shave long facial hair with a razor without pulling/pain (and this can lead to cuts).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8072 posts
1262 upvotes
I have always used higher end Braun shavers. Is it really that much better?

Anyone used both?