Hot Deals

[Amazon] Pennzoil 5w20 Synthetic **$12.47 USD after MIR (MIR to US Address)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 12:29 am
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
123 posts
102 upvotes
Surrey

[Amazon] Pennzoil 5w20 Synthetic **$12.47 USD after MIR (MIR to US Address)

Stumbled upon this while browsing around the US site.

I would say this is a pretty hot deal. I had a closer look at the rebate form and it looks like all of their synthetic grades are eligible.

Price: $22.47 USD
Mail in Rebate: $10 USD
After rebate: $12.47 USD

Here is the link to the deal:

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-5500461 ... dpSrc=srch

0w20 is available:

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-5500461 ... J2B7KVA6HE

For ones looking at 5w30, here's the link to that. Price is slightly higher by a couple of bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-5500452 ... RN8G0V60W1

Here is the link to the rebate form:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 21892_.pdf

Max rebate per person is $48 USD.

Hope this helps people out!
Last edited by rancid82 on Nov 14th, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Oct 4, 2017
35 posts
44 upvotes
Because driving to pick it up is zero cost and time.

For those who want more realistic deal, 5L bottle can be had for about $20CAD with rebates, purchased at your local automotive store. I can't recall exactly what I paid but it was right around that figure, never more than $22-$23.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1622 posts
486 upvotes
People should stop posting US deals, unless the goods can be shipped to Canada and the total cost would still make it a deal. There are plenty of US deals forums, so those interested could easily follow them. Or, just make a subforum for US only deals.

This one particularly would also require US address for the rebate, etc... meh...
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
123 posts
102 upvotes
Surrey
dilligafeh wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:36 pm
This oil deal has gone rancid....
How so?

If you live near the border and can take advantage of the deal then it's a great deal. I still haven't been able to find oil deals up here with this type of rebate. The last one I used was the Pennzoil sale at CDN tire combined with the rebate from Pennzoil. Still isn't as good of a deal as this one. I am close to the border and I'm sure there are others on here who do as well. The place I ship my items to receives mail for me as well.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
123 posts
102 upvotes
Surrey
djredhat wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:33 pm
People should stop posting US deals, unless the goods can be shipped to Canada and the total cost would still make it a deal. There are plenty of US deals forums, so those interested could easily follow them. Or, just make a subforum for US only deals.

This one particularly would also require US address for the rebate, etc... meh...
Why? If someone can benefit from heading down there and many of us on here do, why not post it? I've had no issues with getting rebates from the US that require a US address. If you have shipping address down there, you can use it to get the rebates.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
123 posts
102 upvotes
Surrey
freebie10 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:24 pm
Because driving to pick it up is zero cost and time.

For those who want more realistic deal, 5L bottle can be had for about $20CAD with rebates, purchased at your local automotive store. I can't recall exactly what I paid but it was right around that figure, never more than $22-$23.
Everything costs time. If you can take advantage of this then why not? If not, move along. I haven't been able to come close to this deal even with the CDN tire sale and rebates from the manufacturer. The last one was Pennzoil and I believe my cost was around $23. Even if I factor in the cost of receiving the package and the exchange rate. I'm still ahead. Converted along with the receiving fee, I'm looking at around $16 - $17 CDN.

It's up to people to decide if the drive is worthwhile or not. For me, this is a worthwhile deal. I'm relatively close to the border and have a shipping address there so it works out for me. Currently, there is no offer in Canada to bring it down to this price point. So if you need oil now, it would be a good time to buy.
Dec 15, 2015
100 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'll just wait for walmarts black friday deal with the Mobil1 syntethic oil on sale.
Aug 3, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
I'm still waiting for my MIR from Pennzoil. It's been almost 6 years now.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
123 posts
102 upvotes
Surrey
Audio01 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:03 pm
I'm still waiting for my MIR from Pennzoil. It's been almost 6 years now.
I had the same issue but not quite as long. Give them a call next time. Mine was past the 6 weeks when I called. Apparently for me, the image they received was too big. I resubmitted and it was still too big but the rep on the phone had a look at it and then put it through. Couple of weeks later, I got the rebate in the mail.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1065 posts
2058 upvotes
Pawtucket
Thumbs up. I live close to the border like yourself and always take advantage of these Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates deals. I usually buy from Walmart.com since I can also get cashback from ebates but the Amazon deals are good too.

I've always received the rebates from Pennzoil and Mobil 1. You may want to put in your description that the cheque will only be mailed to a US address.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
123 posts
102 upvotes
Surrey
redboy69 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:53 pm
Thumbs up. I live close to the border like yourself and always take advantage of these Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates deals. I usually buy from Walmart.com since I can also get cashback from ebates but the Amazon deals are good too.

I've always received the rebates from Pennzoil and Mobil 1. You may want to put in your description that the cheque will only be mailed to a US address.
updated the title to include the MIR to US address. Thanks for the suggestion.
Aug 9, 2010
368 posts
163 upvotes
People are awfully salty about this. If you don't like the deal, move on. No need to be giving him a thumbs down because it doesn't work for you.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4772 posts
1331 upvotes
ON
rancid82 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:35 pm
How so?

If you live near the border and can take advantage of the deal then it's a great deal. I still haven't been able to find oil deals up here with this type of rebate. The last one I used was the Pennzoil sale at CDN tire combined with the rebate from Pennzoil. Still isn't as good of a deal as this one. I am close to the border and I'm sure there are others on here who do as well. The place I ship my items to receives mail for me as well.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
123 posts
102 upvotes
Surrey
dilligafeh wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:37 pm
yeah no, it didn't go over my head at all. I got the pun but thanks for the assumption! The context of where your post landed is where i read the comment from. I've asked why the deal went "rancid".