Hot Deals

[Amazon] Pennzoil 5w20 Synthetic **$12.47 USD after MIR (MIR to US Address)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 12:39 am
Jan 11, 2009
411 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
good find OP - thanks for posting even if its a US only deal as many of us can still benefit from it
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4791 posts
1347 upvotes
ON
rancid82 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:44 pm
yeah no, it didn't go over my head at all. I got the pun but thanks for the assumption! The context of where your post landed is where i read the comment from. I've asked why the deal went "rancid".
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9170 posts
1602 upvotes
By the time you pay for the parcel, $4 to $5 US, cross both ways, $6-$10 US, it's another $15 US, so $27 ish US, so $35 Canadian.
OP said even with the delivery or parcel pickup it was only about $16 or $17 but $12.74 US is about $16.50 by today's rates.
It's only $45 Canadian here. For $13 more than that, my dealership does the 0w20 change including filter, lube, and fluid top ups.

And all of this is assuming you'll get the MIR.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
128 posts
103 upvotes
Surrey
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 12:29 am
By the time you pay for the parcel, $4 to $5 US, cross both ways, $6-$10 US, it's another $15 US, so $27 ish US, so $35 Canadian.
OP said even with the delivery or parcel pickup it was only about $16 or $17 but $12.74 US is about $16.50 by today's rates.
It's only $45 Canadian here. For $13 more than that, my dealership does the 0w20 change including filter, lube, and fluid top ups.

And all of this is assuming you'll get the MIR.
In my post I stated it's around $16 or $17 including the receiving fee for the package which for me is $2.50. I put in a big order so usually only get one fee charged for the entire shipment. With all the things I get shipped down there, the fees really don't matter as my cost savings is beyond that. I also get my groceries down there too so driving there isn't an issue as I'm only 15mins away from the border. If you drove down just to pick up one jug then no, it's not worth it. Like I said, if you live near the border, it's a great deal. Not sure what you're factoring in with the additional $15US, but if you are using it to factor in gas, that maybe your cost but it isn't mine.

At the time of posting, this was a hot deal considering there was not a sale on Pennzoil Synthetics at that time. CDN tire had a 3 day sale on Pennzoil synthetics for about $28 for a 5L jug. I think the sale is over now as I think it was only from Nov 17 to 19. They may have extended the sale but that's what was posted in their flyer. Mail in rebate offer of $10 for each 5L to a max of $48 per person. So almost the same deal as posted. If you do your own oil change, this is cheap. My dealer charges way more and other service centers do as well. My engine takes 6.1L of oil so synthetic oil change rates are hitting $70 to $80 depending on where it is. Let's say $18 CDN converted plus $13 for an oil filter and throw in $4 bucks more for the additional 1.1L my cost is $35 CDN for a synthetic oil change. My wife's vehicle is even cheaper as hers takes about 4.1l which works out to be around $15 for the oil and $13 for the filter...so $28 for a complete synthetic oil and filter change. Still miles cheaper than the $58 at your dealer. Fluid top ups is just washer fluid...and those are around $3 a jug.

Like I said, if you do your own oil changes and you live near the border to pickup, it's worth it. It's up to you to decide if it is worth your time and effort.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
128 posts
103 upvotes
Surrey
redboy69 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:54 pm
5w-30 is even cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-5500461 ... tinum+5w30
Just had a look, no more stock. There's this one BUT the offer looks to be only available to prime members. So that excludes a few people. If you have prime in the US then you should be able to take advantage of this .

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-5500452 ... 76FM125SKT

$24.97 - $10 rebate = $14.97 USD for the Ultra Platinum.

Now that is a hot deal for US prime members if anyone signed up for prime on the US Amazon site. On sale they were $38 CDN at CDN Tire during their 3 day sale just to give a reference on price points.

I'll update the original post with the info.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

eclipsemyl