Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Samsung 860 QVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD $175 (CAD all in)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 10:21 am
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1353 posts
1220 upvotes
The Great North
hagbard wrote: Except the first two have patchy or non-existent support.
I'm surprised Crucial has bad support, this is the first I'm hearing of it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Tough sell with SATA III folks. 2019 is the year of NVMe. We're not turning back the clock.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Explain further sonny boy.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Tough sell with SATA III folks. 2019 is the year of NVMe. We're not turning back the clock.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Explain further sonny boy.
SATA III SSDs are only a legacy PC purchase in 2019. Otherwise, they belong in the dustbin of history.

NVMe prices have crashed hard, and we're in the SSD promised land of low prices now.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Thanks Sonny Boy! Will this NVMe fit into a laptop?
redflagdealsguy wrote: SATA III SSDs are only a legacy PC purchase in 2019. Otherwise, they belong in the dustbin of history.

NVMe prices have crashed hard, and we're in the SSD promised land of low prices now.

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Thanks Sonny Boy! Will this NVMe fit into a laptop?
M.2, if you have it, you're probably okay. Check the spec sheet to confirm it's an M.2 NVMe and not M.2 SATA. It also needs to support the full length M.2 (PCIe M.2 2280), not the gimp length only.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Mar 26th, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I have ASUS F555L, does the NVMe fit on that laptop sonny?
redflagdealsguy wrote: M.2, if you have it, you're probably okay. Check the spec sheet to confirm it's an M.2 NVMe and not M.2 SATA. It also needs to support the full length M.2 (PCIe M.2 2280), not the gimp length only.

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: I have ASUS F555L, does the NVMe fit on that laptop sonny?
Not sure, I'm not finding the specs sheet that easily on Google.

Google 'Asus F555L M.2 NVMe' and see what comes up.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Don't think it's compatible with NVMe, only SATA.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Not sure, I'm not finding the specs sheet that easily on Google.

Google 'Asus F555L M.2 NVMe' and see what comes up.

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Don't think it's compatible with NVMe, only SATA.
Then OP's drive is a decent compromise.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)