Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Samsung Evo Plus 128GB MicroSDXC with Adapter (3rd party Seller, Amazon Fulfilled) $53

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2018 10:12 pm
Dec 26, 2015
480 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

[Amazon.com] Samsung Evo Plus 128GB MicroSDXC with Adapter (3rd party Seller, Amazon Fulfilled) $53

Hi guys just spotted the Samsung 128 GB micro sd card for 52 bucks looks like a good deal.
Last edited by systemdude on May 23rd, 2018 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
78 replies
Nov 22, 2011
372 posts
304 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Price in title please
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5699 posts
2229 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Legit?
Check out the 64GB thread. Looks legit to me. I tested a 64GB card from EnjoyGadgets and it came in as a US version and full-speed over USB3.0 card reader.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
$112 sold by Amazon.ca.

RFDers don't let other RFDers buy SD cards on Amazon that aren't from Amazon themselves.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12785 posts
12970 upvotes
PM opportunity with Bestbuy @ $130? So you should be able get one at ~$44.
vtse wrote: $112 sold by Amazon.ca.

RFDers don't let other RFDers buy SD cards on Amazon that aren't from Amazon themselves.

It's on Amazon.ca and by Samsung. So should be legit other than the typical story about counterfeit cards get mixed up in warehouses.
Last edited by Xtrema on May 23rd, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1752 posts
2720 upvotes
Pallet Town
Xtrema wrote: PM opportunity with Bestbuy @ $130? So you should be able get one at ~$44.
YMMV on this since the $52 price isn't sold by Amazon, only fulfilled by them. I've had reps not bother to check before though
Aug 19, 2012
126 posts
118 upvotes
Blainville, QC
Fulfilled by Amazon also means that you can return the product to Amazon directly so even if it's not legit just return it but normally when someone doesn't sell legit products they won't send their products and pay fees to have Amazon hold their products in their warehouses.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote: PM opportunity with Bestbuy @ $130? So you should be able get one at ~$44.

It's on Amazon.ca and by Samsung. So should be legit other than the typical story about counterfeit cards get mixed up in warehouses.
I’m 85% sure if BB employees doing their job right, if it doesn’t say Amazon.ca as the seller they won’t take it.

Plus I wasn’t aware nicccaammmamama was Samsung on Amazon.
Feb 10, 2014
43 posts
53 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Most definitely not legit, this is one of the reviewers: "Product seams to work but not as fast as advertised, getting 40 megs a sec xfering files from my Samsung galaxy s8+"
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12785 posts
12970 upvotes
vtse wrote: I’m 85% sure if BB employees doing their job right, if it doesn’t say Amazon.ca as the seller they won’t take it.

Plus I wasn’t aware nicccaammmamama was Samsung on Amazon.
Oh shit, thanks for pointing that out. Totally missed that fine print. No wonder so many are shying from this.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Darklol wrote: Fulfilled by Amazon also means that you can return the product to Amazon directly so even if it's not legit just return it but normally when someone doesn't sell legit products they won't send their products and pay fees to have Amazon hold their products in their warehouses.
There are so many ways a 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon product might not be legit, I have heard stories about amazon fulfilling their own orders with 3rd party inventory and I find it odd how people don't mind that (this shouldn't imply third party inventory is legit, but merely that what amazon is doing is not).
- Amazon has no way to check the authenticity of its 3rd party inventory.
- Even if authentic, it might be grey market, not meant to be sold in NA, they will carry no warranty once you present proof of purchase that says "sold from XYZ" since warranty only covers product sold by authorized retailers.
- How many buyers will ever check past the simple sanity checks (if they even do that), fake cards can be of similar capacity but of inferior hardware (or worse, fake capacity, though thats more for ebay sellers), so it might take you through the 30 days Amazon return policy but will fail shortly afterwards.
- Yeah people can get extra vigilant (contact Samsung to validate SN, use low level tools to verify the actual hardware info of the card, compare packaging and silk screening with high resolution picture of authentic card .. etc) but most wont actually bother to do that (not to mention time wasted validating the card is usually cost more than the savings offered buying 3rd party).
Jun 10, 2007
329 posts
195 upvotes
Whitehorse
Darklol wrote: Fulfilled by Amazon also means that you can return the product to Amazon directly so even if it's not legit just return it but normally when someone doesn't sell legit products they won't send their products and pay fees to have Amazon hold their products in their warehouses.
I'm wondering.... how does one determine if a micro SD card is original or imitation? If it isn't an original one, what signs would a person look for? I assume it would "look" very similar. Is there a test one can do?

Sorry... just saw the post directly above mine that partially explains some of my questions.
Last edited by normanh on May 23rd, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
normanh wrote: I'm wondering.... how does one determine if a micro SD card is original or imitation? If it isn't an original one, what signs would a person look for? I assume it would "look" very similar. Is there a test one can do?
The imitations are usually just false sizes, so try to put up to 120GB on it, it's usually no more than 4GB or similar.
Aug 19, 2012
126 posts
118 upvotes
Blainville, QC
Its fairly easy to spot for me since I am so used to counterfeit video games and I know which details to look.

First before opening your SD Card just look at the packaging properly you will see the printing quality is off on a counterfeit.
After that you just need to look at the file size of the SD card in your pc.
Also you can grab the SKU and look on other sites like BestBuy to see if at least it matches.

Here's some examples:
http://m43photo.blogspot.ca/2016/07/bew ... cards.html
http://m43photo.blogspot.ca/2014/01/bew ... cards.html

This doesn't only happen on SD cards but many other products like Camera chargers, Camera batteries and like I said previously video games. Rare video games people like to counterfeit them per example SNES Chrono Trigger Cartridge which sells pretty high has many fake ones around.

What I was refering by my first post is that at least it is shipped by Amazon which means you can return easily the item back versus if you buy directly from the 3rd party. Like aasoror said I also read people that ordered cards marked as sold & ship by Amazon get counterfeit ones. I made many many returns without any problems on items fulfilled by Amazon and always had money back.

This is just like scam emails, even if they try to make the best replica possible there's always a little thing off.
Last edited by Darklol on May 23rd, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Variability wrote: The imitations are usually just false sizes, so try to put up to 120GB on it, it's usually no more than 4GB or similar.
That will give you false positive if its just an inferior card of proper size (which more what an amazon fulfilled seller would do, fake capacity is more suited for ebay sellers where its easier to get away rinse and repeat).

Look how far they came through