Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Samsung UN65MU7600 Curved 65-Inch 4K TV (2017 Model) $USD 999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2017 8:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9502 upvotes
Winchester

Samsung UN65MU7600 Curved 65-Inch 4K TV (2017 Model) $USD 999.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$USD 999.9
Expiry:
September 4, 2017
Retailer:
Amazon.com

"The Samsung MU7600 Curved Ultra HDTV redefines the viewing experience by producing a wider range of colors with 4K Color Drive Pro and a High Dynamic Range (HDR) picture. Our new Smart TV user-interface (UI), the new Smart Remote Controller with voice navigation capability provides faster access to your favorite streaming content choices and more."
  • 2017 model
  • Curved screen
  • Smart TV
  • Built-in wifi
  • 120 hz refresh
  • only 3 HDMI ports

Yes, you would need a US shipping address - there are tons of UPS or FEDEX outlets just across the border for those of us for whom that's just a short drive.

At current exchange rates, this is $1250 Cdn - and, for this set, it is a super-hot deal if you're looking for a decent 65" display in your home theatre (providing you can control the ambient light*)

* here's a sample of reviews of this display: http://www.4kledtvreview.com/samsung-mu ... n65mu7600/

"As we have discussion a lot above, overall, picture quality of Samsung MU7600 is fairly good when used in a dark or moderately lit room due it has high native contrast ratio, good dark uniformity, and wide color gamut. HDR performance is also good in a room with these light conditions. Dark scene looks excellently while bright scene looks quite bright. Nevertheless, this TV is not suitable when used in a bright room with a lot of ambient lights due its peak brightness is not quite bright to fight the glare. Additionally, since its side viewing angle coverage is limited, this TV is also not suitable to use in a wide room with viewers watch TV from multiple viewing angles.

Although Samsung MU7600 is an excellent TV when used for watching fast paced contents like sports program or fast movies or 24p movies, but watching them on their screen still feel comfortably. Additionally, playing any kind of games on MU7600 also feel responsively due it has low input lags. The other interesting that offered is about smart TV platform where with Tizen OS, it offers responsive, attractive, and simple smart TV experience.

Should I Buy this TV? Samsung MU7600 is a good TV with affordable price. Picture quality and performance offered might not as good as the series above, but overall, its performance is good for mixed usage. The major drawback of MU7600 is about their peak brightness and side viewing angle coverage. So, as long as you don’t often watch TV from side viewing angle or in a bright room, this TV might be a good option for you who are searching good TV with affordable price. But even so, before you decide to buy it, there are a lot of opinions from their real customers where you can make as your further consideration."
Last edited by CaptSmethwick on Sep 4th, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
damn, what a deal.

couldn't I go to bestbuy and PM?

and also, we have to pay canadian tax at the border I guess..? :(
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
def47 wrote: damn, what a deal.

couldn't I go to bestbuy and PM?

and also, we have to pay canadian tax at the border I guess..? :(
You have to pay tax regardless of where you buy it
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
Bawler wrote: You have to pay tax regardless of where you buy it
Yea, but I meant, are we only charged the 15% tax at the border?
since it's above the 800$ "rule"

I never crossed the border with that much, so I don't know how it works.. I always avoided the Canadian tax...
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
def47 wrote: Yea, but I meant, are we only charged the 15% tax at the border?
since it's above the 800$ "rule"

I never crossed the border with that much, so I don't know how it works.. I always avoided the Canadian tax...
You'd have to stay in the USA for more than 48 hours to even have that $800 rule apply. If you stayed more than 48 hours you'd just owe the tax on the difference between the cost and the $800.

Most people that'd take advantage of this would simply just be driving down and have to pay the full tax as there are no exceptions for less than 24 hours.
Oct 31, 2013
705 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
OP please Price in the title
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9502 upvotes
Winchester
Apologies - done in haste. Title edited to now include price.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Feb 19, 2008
250 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
if it's not made in North America, don't you have to pay additional import tax (on top of the GST+HST) on it when coming back?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM
Damn, would have bought this in a heartbeat if it shipped to Canada.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
silentpayne wrote: if it's not made in North America, don't you have to pay additional import tax (on top of the GST+HST) on it when coming back?
I think the duty is 5%
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
silentpayne wrote: if it's not made in North America, don't you have to pay additional import tax (on top of the GST+HST) on it when coming back?
I haven't encountered a time where they charged the actual duty. They always just charged the sales tax at the border.
Nov 5, 2012
27 posts
4 upvotes
Has anyone tried using a service such as "ReShip" for expensive items? Am considering this.

Thank you in advance,
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19723 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
Brookside05 wrote: I haven't encountered a time where they charged the actual duty. They always just charged the sales tax at the border.
On a television?

I've never heard of CBSA assessing taxes but not duties when duties are due.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19723 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
Brookside05 wrote: I haven't encountered a time where they charged the actual duty. They always just charged the sales tax at the border.
On a television which is subject to 5% duty?

Mar 15, 2011
570 posts
545 upvotes
so tempted to ship it to the border to one of those holding companies then pick up
but such a hassle... have to borrow a truck from a friend to bring it home too

That's a big ass tv
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
The viewing angels of this tv aren't very good.
Saw them at Costco last week and if you're not directly in front of the tv, the picture isn't as good.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1247 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary
DANG!...missed the deal. I would have jumped on it for that price.
Son broke the LCD in our games room. Moved the plasma from theatre and need to replace it.

oh Well.... I guess black friday is around the corner.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2221 posts
1570 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: On a television which is subject to 5% duty?

TV's like this that are manufactured in Mexico are exempt from duty fees. Only pay taxes. I purchased my Samsung TV in the states.
Oct 13, 2008
552 posts
166 upvotes
Not sure if this is useful for anyone but amazon.com has mu7000 for $699.

amazon link

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)