Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.com] Schlage BE365 CAM Camelot Keypad Deadbolt (starting at $79.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2018 2:58 pm
Apr 14, 2006
374 posts
225 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: If you don't want to spend the money, a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" plywood and a clamp will do the same thing . Drill the plywood with the bigger holesaw, then align and clamp over the door to guide the holesaw and keep it from slipping.
Yes that was what I did. Also plywood with C-clamp is more studier than DIY plastic jigs. Broke apart several of them then just switched to a scrap wood jig.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2011
668 posts
613 upvotes
Calgary
vkrasov wrote: Haven't seen a warning, but i noticed many latch mis-engagements with a weak battery. Support had no idea, it took me a while to figure it...
The lock doesn't engage by motor.... you have to manually turn it. No clue what you're talking about here.
Feb 22, 2017
127 posts
215 upvotes
toronto, ON
jwslam wrote: The lock doesn't engage by motor.... you have to manually turn it. No clue what you're talking about here.
I would guess they have a different model that has the motorized closure.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2011
668 posts
613 upvotes
Calgary
Kareth wrote: I would guess they have a different model that has the motorized closure.
Well that's not the deal in this thread. So his post is irrelevant and misleading
Aug 26, 2008
355 posts
147 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jwslam wrote: The lock doesn't engage by motor.... you have to manually turn it. No clue what you're talking about here.
The latch is engaged by a solenoid, making it possible to turn by hand. With weak battery, you need to turn the knob several times to get the traction. No warning, usual solenoid click, but the knob is not connected to the deadbolt like when you didn't enter the code.
Sometimes it doesn't connect at all.

What I was upset about, that there were no warning beep or lights, so I had no clue about the battery problem. I though the lock was defective.

EDIT: I believe Schlage acknowledges the problem in the FAQ now:
- Codes are accepted by Keypad, but it won't unlock (blinks Green)
- ... #5 Try a fresh battery, especially if using lithium or other non-high quality batteries.
May 24, 2007
467 posts
448 upvotes
Kelowna
dilligafeh wrote: If you don't want to spend the money, a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" plywood and a clamp will do the same thing . Drill the plywood with the bigger holesaw, then align and clamp over the door to guide the holesaw and keep it from slipping.
I did that for every door in our house. Marked a few locations on the plywood in terms of placement and went to town. Works well, you just need to make sure it's distanced properly and clamped securely. That said, I already owned a holesaw kit however if I was just buying one to redo doors I would consider getting the kit for simplicity.

Also picked up the Schlage BE365 PLY Plymouth Keypad Deadbolt in Satin Nickel. Saved myself $10 over the one the op posted since that satin nickel one is $89. Out of stock but I've gone 3 years without it so waiting a couple extra weeks isn't going to matter.

I have the Yale touchpad one on my front door and the whole family loves it but only using this for my workshop in the backyard. I always forget the keys in the house so this will save me a few trips a week I'm sure. Thanks for heads up OP!
Dec 22, 2013
629 posts
1534 upvotes
Self-Isolation
Hexxed wrote: I did that for every door in our house. Marked a few locations on the plywood in terms of placement and went to town. Works well, you just need to make sure it's distanced properly and clamped securely. That said, I already owned a holesaw kit however if I was just buying one to redo doors I would consider getting the kit for simplicity.

Also picked up the Schlage BE365 PLY Plymouth Keypad Deadbolt in Satin Nickel. Saved myself $10 over the one the op posted since that satin nickel one is $89. Out of stock but I've gone 3 years without it so waiting a couple extra weeks isn't going to matter.

I have the Yale touchpad one on my front door and the whole family loves it but only using this for my workshop in the backyard. I always forget the keys in the house so this will save me a few trips a week I'm sure. Thanks for heads up OP!
What is the difference between BE365 PLY Plymouth and BE365 CAM Camelot?
Dec 25, 2017
59 posts
7 upvotes
Winnipeg
Issue I see with this link and that particular lock type is that your finger prints will show up eventually and increase odds of figuring out your house code.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1913 posts
506 upvotes
Vancouver
rohruaj wrote: What is the difference between BE365 PLY Plymouth and BE365 CAM Camelot?
Just different styling.
May 24, 2007
467 posts
448 upvotes
Kelowna
Cantfindanametouse wrote: Issue I see with this link and that particular lock type is that your finger prints will show up eventually and increase odds of figuring out your house code.
You can change the codes anytime, and if you're smart, you'll include the same number twice to fool anyone anyway. Winking Face

I change our codes every year and that one even has a glass touchpad. A few guys commented that theirs looks the same now as it did two years ago so these seem to last regardless.
Aug 29, 2010
42 posts
34 upvotes
Brossard
I have ordered 1 on Sunday and it came on Monday. Very pleased with the product's look and feel, the price paid and the delivery time. Unfortunately, when trying to install it over my old one, i realize that my existing hole is 1 1/2 and this one requires a 2 1/8. My door being a steel one, it will be too much hassle to enlarge the hole so i have no choice but to return it. They shoud have designed like the Weiser brand with an adapter that you just remove to fit 1 1/2 hole. Too bad you can not know what size is the door hole you have until you open it for replacement.
Dec 24, 2007
707 posts
277 upvotes
Kingston
The simple way to resize the hole (and cheaper than a locksmith visit, provided you already own the hole saws) is to buy a long mandrel. Then you install your 2 1/8 hole saw first and then your 1 1/2 inside it. That way the 1 1/2 acts as a guide for the larger saw. Only cut half way through from each side so as to avoid bowing the metal skin on the opposite side of the door as you cut through. Hope that makes sense!
Nov 11, 2009
41 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Was thinking about how secure this is having only 4 numbers user code. But if I were the thief I would probably use lock pick instead to save time instead of trying 10000 combinations. Anyways, would be nice to have some deterrent for someone trying to guess combinations (like enforce 5 min delay after failed 10 attempts).