Shopping Discussion

Amazon.com shipping to GTA via "Landmark Global"..who?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2022 1:45 am
Tags:
None
Feb 15, 2015
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I ordered a nature box and it says it is shipping via landmark from Cheektowaga, New York. It is right beside the border with Fort Erie. I may be wrong on this but i would guess they just grab a van drive accross the border and mail it from Canada along with the other items.
Apr 7, 2015
1 posts
11 upvotes
Tecumseh, ON
I actually work for landmark.... We are a freight forwarder. We do have our own trucks but we do not do final mile delivery (delivery to your door). We facilitate the customs clearance, and bring to one of our bonded warehouses in Canada and hand off to carrier for delivery to your door. Our shipping times are actually very competitive with other companies who do final mile delivery, and we don't hit you with big brokerage charges! Bonus right? Generally, if there is a delay with a package it's due to weather or just a tracking delay once we have passed your package to a final mile carrier.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4205 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary
Does the po box trick (to avoid ups) work with landmark? Thx
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
I had stuff shipped by landmark in the past. It delivers by ups, based on my expierence.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3868 upvotes
Nowhere
Just got a package today shipped via Landmark and delivered by UPS. My order shipped Friday morning and was received today (Tuesday) in Brampton. It was expedited shipping as it was cheaper with the 4 items I ordered. Amazon.com tracking still says it is out for delivery. Apparently it went out for delivery at 12:19 am and arrived at 12:25 pm. My last order delivered by UPS also spent 12 hours on a truck but came at 6 pm. This order came from Columbus, OH to Burlington, ON to Concord, ON which would be UPS and then to Brampton.

What trucks go out for delivery at 12 am??
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
Cheap Cat wrote: Just got a package today shipped via Landmark and delivered by UPS. My order shipped Friday morning and was received today (Tuesday) in Brampton. It was expedited shipping as it was cheaper with the 4 items I ordered. Amazon.com tracking still says it is out for delivery. Apparently it went out for delivery at 12:19 am and arrived at 12:25 pm. My last order delivered by UPS also spent 12 hours on a truck but came at 6 pm. This order came from Columbus, OH to Burlington, ON to Concord, ON which would be UPS and then to Brampton.

What trucks go out for delivery at 12 am??
Unless things have changed, when it comes off the truck at the local delivery hub (where all the last mile delivery trucks are) it's scanned out for delivery at that point. So it just gets marked whenever it gets there.

Here, the night crew usually scans a truck around 4 am or so. Think that's usually the earliest.
Dec 7, 2015
1 posts
sharpy86, I have a shipment coming from AR, USA but the tracking has not been updated in over a week (shipping from Cheektowaga, New York as well). There is no contact info for any Landmark location, and the seller cannot confirm anything further either. How do I find out where my package is sitting?
Jul 8, 2014
70 posts
14 upvotes
East York, ON
redgrandam wrote: Unless things have changed, when it comes off the truck at the local delivery hub (where all the last mile delivery trucks are) it's scanned out for delivery at that point. So it just gets marked whenever it gets there.

Here, the night crew usually scans a truck around 4 am or so. Think that's usually the earliest.
Im expecting an order from aliexpress and it was shipped and arrived at landmark in burlington this week (this is the first time I have used this service so I was hoping someone could help me out). This morning it said my item was delivered in Toronto but I didn't get anything .. but at the same time why would there be a delivery on a sunday and that too so early in the morning? I have no idea which carrier landmark sent it with as the tracking numbers aren't working on any of the major carrier websites .. do i just assume that it was delivered and now lost or that it will hopefully come tomorrow afternoon?

Delivered 2016-04-30 09:24 am Toronto, ON Canada
Out for delivery 2016-04-29 09:45 am
Received at carrier hub 2016-04-29 03:45 am
Customs cleared 2016-04-28 03:56 pm Burlington, ON
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
krejci87 wrote: Im expecting an order from aliexpress and it was shipped and arrived at landmark in burlington this week (this is the first time I have used this service so I was hoping someone could help me out). This morning it said my item was delivered in Toronto but I didn't get anything .. but at the same time why would there be a delivery on a sunday and that too so early in the morning? I have no idea which carrier landmark sent it with as the tracking numbers aren't working on any of the major carrier websites .. do i just assume that it was delivered and now lost or that it will hopefully come tomorrow afternoon?

Delivered 2016-04-30 09:24 am Toronto, ON Canada
Out for delivery 2016-04-29 09:45 am
Received at carrier hub 2016-04-29 03:45 am
Customs cleared 2016-04-28 03:56 pm Burlington, ON
I'd guess it's an error, unless they actually normally do deliveries on saturdays. It probably went out for delivery on friday but they never got to it or something. I'd wait for monday and see if it shows up. Otherwise I'd be calling the company after monday.
Jul 8, 2014
70 posts
14 upvotes
East York, ON
redgrandam wrote: I'd guess it's an error, unless they actually normally do deliveries on saturdays. It probably went out for delivery on friday but they never got to it or something. I'd wait for monday and see if it shows up. Otherwise I'd be calling the company after monday.
So it turns out LandMark sent it with Apple Express (never heard of them) who did a safe drop on Saturday morning .. problem is I live in an apartment building lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
krejci87 wrote: So it turns out LandMark sent it with Apple Express (never heard of them) who did a safe drop on Saturday morning .. problem is I live in an apartment building lol
How many levels of outsourcing can a company do? Lol. Wow.
Jul 8, 2014
70 posts
14 upvotes
East York, ON
redgrandam wrote: How many levels of outsourcing can a company do? Lol. Wow.
haha I know! I called AppleExpress turns out they aren't contracted to do deliveries in apartment buildings or something so the Driver marked it as delivered, but he will be sending it back to LandMark tomorrow, who will then send it this week with Canada Post. Amazing.
Feb 27, 2014
1 posts
tutchio wrote: Do landmark global charge impott fees? How to get rid of them like ups
Yes they seem to on all my orders. I have noticed though that the Landmark Global shipping is used more when you actually supplier your buying off of is from the ".com" one vs. the ".ca" one cause we are in Canada, when any supplier ships to Canada from the states UPS is one of the only north American courier company on both sides of the boarder. So they usually use them. And that is whom I see delivering my landmark packages.
Jul 26, 2010
927 posts
89 upvotes
eastern Ontario
MikeM753 wrote: Yes they seem to on all my orders. I have noticed though that the Landmark Global shipping is used more when you actually supplier your buying off of is from the ".com" one vs. the ".ca" one cause we are in Canada, when any supplier ships to Canada from the states UPS is one of the only north American courier company on both sides of the boarder. So they usually use them. And that is whom I see delivering my landmark packages.
Fedex does USA to Canada. With Rockauto ground to canada is fedex all the way and their quoted shipping includes duties and brokerage and RA also collects HST on the original payment. Interesting is that HST is on item and any duty but not the rest of the shipping quote. Ground(consolidated) from RA uses Landmark Global and again amount paid to RA is all inclusive. And it is cheaper than the fedex ground. Landmark usually passes it off to Canada post. An item from Washington state came via Richmond BC postal (they sat on it for 30 hours). East coast came via Burlington,On. (cleared customs there) then to canada post. I get a Landmark tracking number from RA and when I click it Landmark shows tracking plus a Canada post tracking number. Canada post tracking shows nothing until it has arrived in Canada and cleared customs and gets handed over to them.
Dec 5, 2006
70 posts
18 upvotes
Markham
Landmark is just a way to bulk ship "slower" Amazon.com parcels from the US to Canada, and then have them remailed inside Canada via various courier companies. It's probably one reason why shipping charges direct from Amazon.com are usually quite reasonable.
Jul 26, 2010
927 posts
89 upvotes
eastern Ontario
My current order from rockauto coming by landmark seems screwy. Tracking as of friday night showed it picked up jun3 in bedford pk il , then chicago, fremont IND, and then columbus ohio. Then yesterday the tracking showed just the bedford pickup. Now late today (tues) it showed columbus again but none of the in between. Now late tonight (tues) is says 'Crossing border and in transit to carrier hub 2016-06-07 10:40 pm Columbus, OH' so I guess it's not lost.
Jul 31, 2016
1 posts
I ordered something from Amazon last week and received the Landmark tracking number today. Will I get a new tracking number from UPS or Canada post once the parcel is inside of Canada?
Oct 6, 2016
317 posts
126 upvotes
langley, BC
Good informative post.
I ordered hiking boots from USA to Vacnouver, BC. Shipping label created Sep 1. It is now sitting at Ontario at carrier hub since Sep 6.
It's been 9 days and no updates so I wonder when I will get my items :/
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
My parcel gets stuck at Landmark warehouse in Burlington this Thanksgiving long weekend.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)