[Amazon] WeMo Light Switch

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2018 5:28 pm
[OP]
Dec 19, 2012
235 posts
104 upvotes

[Amazon] WeMo Light Switch

Wemo Light Switch on sale again at Amazon although with Amazon you never know how long that price will last so if you need one grab it while you can. Or wait until the next sale lol. If Wemo doesn’t work for you then I’m not sure why you clicked this thread
76 replies
Oct 13, 2006
211 posts
19 upvotes
Good price! Thanks OP, I didn't know they released a dimmer version. I think I will wait for it to go on sale before buying the switch for my bedroom.
Mar 2, 2006
277 posts
67 upvotes
MrGroot wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:59 pm
does it work with google assistant?
Yes
Nov 25, 2017
304 posts
123 upvotes
Thanks bought another one to control over bed fan
Last edited by Shawnies on Jan 12th, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 2, 2006
277 posts
67 upvotes
These are more expensive than the tp link ones that go on sale for $25, but WeMo has added functionality of being able to do a timed off, which tp link doesn't have. Useful if you're using it for a switch for an exhaust fan.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2810 posts
527 upvotes
GTA
sci05 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:09 pm
These are more expensive than the tp link ones that go on sale for $25, but WeMo has added functionality of being able to do a timed off, which tp link doesn't have. Useful if you're using it for a switch for an exhaust fan.
I'm looking at my TP Kasa app right now and I have the TP Link Light Switch and I can set it on a schedule and have a timed off option.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2718 posts
1822 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:21 pm
I'm looking at my TP Kasa app right now and I have the TP Link Light Switch and I can set it on a schedule and have a timed off option.
He means being able to set it to shut off x minutes after the switch was manually turned on. TP-Link only has the function to turn off at a specific time (so far anyway, there's nothing stopping them from updating their firmware to add this function).

While the TP-Link switch was a substantially better deal at $25 throughout the pre-Christmas and Boxing Week sales, it's back to a regular price of $50 at the moment.
Nov 11, 2003
387 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI, wemo has the long press option which is awesome. If I press and hold My front or back door wemo switches, it send a signal and turns on the other 10 switches on the main floor. I like my lights on when I’m home :)

Also, my bedroom wemo is programmed with the long press to turn off all lights.

My living room wemo, if you long press it turns on 2 12” subwoofers that are connected to my stereo :) using wemo plugs.
[OP]
Dec 19, 2012
235 posts
104 upvotes
dsorgiovanni wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:27 pm
FYI, wemo has the long press option which is awesome. If I press and hold My front or back door wemo switches, it send a signal and turns on the other 10 switches on the main floor. I like my lights on when I’m home :)

Also, my bedroom wemo is programmed with the long press to turn off all lights.

My living room wemo, if you long press it turns on 2 12” subwoofers that are connected to my stereo :) using wemo plugs.
That’s awesome I didn’t know about that function
Jul 22, 2014
243 posts
229 upvotes
Calgary, AB
sci05 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:09 pm
Be careful, the TP Link one I looked at was rated 600W maximum. This WEMO is rated for 1800W. Of course, by code, it should never see more than 1440W.
Mar 13, 2005
231 posts
62 upvotes
Thanks OP. With the upcoming Wemo support for Homekit, this makes this switch more interesting to me.
Nov 12, 2017
148 posts
34 upvotes
ugh thanks OP, bought one. I just installed my first one last weekend, it was a nightmare. Hopefully this one goes a little more smoothly