• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2018 5:28 pm
Oct 31, 2013
317 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
blyndfyre wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:41 pm
Be careful, the TP Link one I looked at was rated 600W maximum. This WEMO is rated for 1800W. Of course, by code, it should never see more than 1440W.
What kind of lighting fixtures you have at home?? 600w should be more than enough for at least 20 led pot lights IMO
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Mar 29, 2011
983 posts
383 upvotes
The 6ix
dsorgiovanni wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:27 pm
FYI, wemo has the long press option which is awesome. If I press and hold My front or back door wemo switches, it send a signal and turns on the other 10 switches on the main floor. I like my lights on when I’m home :)

Also, my bedroom wemo is programmed with the long press to turn off all lights.

My living room wemo, if you long press it turns on 2 12” subwoofers that are connected to my stereo :) using wemo plugs.
That's a sick function.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10434 posts
2599 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Sarcasmo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:43 pm
Thanks OP. With the upcoming Wemo support for Homekit, this makes this switch more interesting to me.
Upcoming? Thought the bridge was release now...no?
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Mar 13, 2005
231 posts
62 upvotes
ceredon wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:20 pm
Upcoming? Thought the bridge was release now...no?
By the end of the month.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2002 posts
1060 upvotes
Toronto
Does this make a clicking sound when you turns it on / off remotely or timer? The TP Link switches I have clicks and one of my dogs freaks out when he hears it and runs and hides. LOL. So now I'm in search for one that doesn't make a sound.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Oct 24, 2008
755 posts
332 upvotes
Shawnies wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:18 pm
I got it at Lowe’s for 35.99 with PM
I've had one of these for over a year now and absolutely love. I paid $35 a year ago at a sale at best buy and have been waiting for it to get down to that price again. Now that you mention price matching, I'm really tempted to get more. These are fantastic for driveway/porch lights
Oct 24, 2008
755 posts
332 upvotes
some1not wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:41 pm
Does this make a clicking sound when you turns it on / off remotely or timer? The TP Link switches I have clicks and one of my dogs freaks out when he hears it and runs and hides. LOL. So now I'm in search for one that doesn't make a sound.
It clicks once but sounds identical to flicking a light switch
Dec 25, 2017
59 posts
7 upvotes
Winnipeg
I might get one do you need a hub? Kind of funny when you say long press button as in the future is here now "I just tell Alexa to turn on or off just about everything now. You kind of get weirdly used to not touching things after awhile. I have several of those TPlink HS100 plugs and they are fine but, its the ceiling lights I need a couple but, don't want another Hub as I already have insteon.

Only problem with a sale is what is coming in next to replace it ? on this one I sure like dimmer and for some reason seems blue light sells me but, not at moment for $110

https://www.amazon.ca/Wemo-Dimmer-Wi-Fi ... B071RFYQFM
Jan 24, 2013
5 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Cantfindanametouse wrote: I might get one do you need a hub? Kind of funny when you say long press button as in the future is here now "I just tell Alexa to turn on or off just about everything now. You kind of get weirdly used to not touching things after awhile. I have several of those TPlink HS100 plugs and they are fine but, its the ceiling lights I need a couple but, don't want another Hub as I already have insteon.

Only problem with a sale is what is coming in next to replace it ? on this one I sure like dimmer and for some reason seems blue light sells me but, not at moment for $110

https://www.amazon.ca/Wemo-Dimmer-Wi-Fi ... B071RFYQFM
Walmart.ca had the dimmable WeMo switches for $69 not too long ago. Almost pulled the trigger - now kicking myself for not doing it.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18869 posts
1309 upvotes
If you're going to get any quantity of these, youre likely better off just getting a hub (SmartThings or Wink) and going ZWave. Will be cheaper in the long run and much more functionality.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Dec 19, 2012
247 posts
114 upvotes
justingodard wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:15 pm
Walmart.ca had the dimmable WeMo switches for $69 not too long ago. Almost pulled the trigger - now kicking myself for not doing it.
Amazon had that price too not that long ago
Feb 5, 2008
636 posts
178 upvotes
CANADA
Can you elaborate? Why is that system better, what other functions?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3596 posts
532 upvotes
brunes wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:36 pm
If you're going to get any quantity of these, youre likely better off just getting a hub (SmartThings or Wink) and going ZWave. Will be cheaper in the long run and much more functionality.
Which Zwave switchers are cheaper in Canada right now? I have a bunch of GE ones but are more expensive then these right now. Just as much functionality with these using Smartthings
[OP]
Dec 19, 2012
247 posts
114 upvotes
Sarcasmo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:26 pm
By the end of the month.
Mine shipped today