Page 1 of 1

Amazon.com won't ship my products to Canada

Posted: Oct 31st, 2010 10:41 pm
by a89aries
So I just went to put in an order of 7 various items from Amazon, and only 4 of the 7 are eligible to ship. For the rest I get this error:
We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. Learn more
This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete.

Well this sucks.

I'm headed to Erie PA in 2 weeks, does anyone know of a service where you can ship the items to just on the US side of the border then pick them up yourself? When I lived in Winnipeg last year I used a service called Menkes (http://www.menkesparcel.com/). You just drove over and picked the stuff up yourself.

Alex

Re: Amazon.com won't ship my products to Canada

Posted: Oct 31st, 2010 11:43 pm
by antigua1999
Try this. I have never used but came recomended by another rfd poster.
http://www.cbiusa.com/

Posted: Nov 1st, 2010 4:48 am
by apn64
I also expect there's a UPS store close to where you're going, plus you can ship to a hotel or friends address.

Posted: Nov 1st, 2010 2:31 pm
by death_hawk
http://kinek.com is good for one time receives in random places.

I used a location recently when I was in Vegas and was quite happy. Dude was awesome.
Granted, each location is run by a 3rd party contractor so YMMV.

Posted: Nov 1st, 2010 10:16 pm
by a89aries
So I just tried Kinek, the only place listed in Erie has this info listed:
the $5.00 fee is for a parcel up to 20lb.
$25.00 21 to 50lbs.
$50.00 51 to 69lbs.
$70.00 70 to 90lbs.

You have to pick-up your package the day it's deliverd,if it's not, a fee of $25.00 per day will be charged for storage. thanks www.shiperie.com
Wow, thats just not going to work. If it showed up on Monday it would cost me $125! :cry:

Going to try calling the UPS store tomorrow. Wonder if it has to arrive via UPS? lol.

Posted: Nov 2nd, 2010 1:48 am
by 5pecial_K78
UPS will almost always charged you dutie taxes if its from U.S or International...USPS is the better method.

Posted: Nov 2nd, 2010 1:46 pm
by Cheap Cat
5pecial_K78 wrote: UPS will almost always charged you dutie taxes if its from U.S or International...USPS is the better method.

Huh? The OP wants to have the items shipped within the US. There are no duties as it is not crossing the border.

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2010 7:30 am
by EPcjay
Cheap Cat wrote: Huh? The OP wants to have the items shipped within the US. There are no duties as it is not crossing the border.

+1

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2010 8:11 am
by a89aries
Going to try calling a UPS store in Erie today to see if they will do it. Might also call the Kinek location and see if they would waive the $25/day holding fee.

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2010 9:22 am
by bylo
a89aries wrote: I'm headed to Erie PA in 2 weeks
Where are you staying in Erie? Have amazon ship it there.

I don't know about amazon but note that some vendors are reluctant to ship to hotels or even to addresses that aren't on record with your credit card company because that type of destination is a favourite of fraudsters using stolen cards.

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2010 11:23 am
by crimsona
Sign up for a free Amazon Prime trial: www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.htm

For the first 30 days, it gives you free upgrades to 2-day rush shipping - doesn't include Saturday deliveries (just make sure to cancel the autoupgrade, it's $80 a year after)

Then get it shipped to where you are staying, as long as you're there for 4-5 days. Amazon has no problem shipping to hotels, had a friend work in the US for 3 weeks out of a hotel, had 15 or so packages shipped to his address with my billing details in Canada

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2010 1:39 pm
by death_hawk
a89aries wrote: So I just tried Kinek, the only place listed in Erie has this info listed:
:-0
Apparently it is a YMMV type thing.

I'm no where near Erie, but even in Seattle (area) receive prices are under $5 for 50lbs. They even hold packages free for up to a month.

UPS Store is a YMMV too. The 3 I deal with regularly are great, but there's a few out there that are jerks too.
UPS Store LV Strip charged me $6 for an outgoing fee. Granted, it included printing the label and tape, but still.... $6?!?!? My regular UPS stores would have done that for free (or damn near).

Posted: Nov 15th, 2010 8:30 pm
by a89aries
Just got back from the US last night, had a great trip down and successfully picked up all my stuff from the UPS store. :lol: