PC & Video Games

Amazon Fail - Super Mario Odyssey Pre-Order Delivery Date November 3?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 10:31 am
[OP]
Nov 9, 2005
763 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto

Amazon Fail - Super Mario Odyssey Pre-Order Delivery Date November 3?

I'm an Amazon Prime Member who pre-ordered Super Mario Odyssey for Switch on March 1, 2017.

Here it is, one of the biggest game releases of the year and Amazon is delaying my pre-order shipment by a week. WOW.

To top it off, if a new order is placed this morning, they get SAME DAY DELIVERY! What a crock of shhhhhhh.
SMO-Same-Day-v2.jpg

I contacted customer service to complain that new orders would get it today (Toronto) and they upgraded my pre-order to 2-day delivery, so I'll get it on Monday, October 30 now... WOW.

Such a broken pre-order system on Amazon. If you want to play games on release date, just pay full pop and buy elsewhere. If you're OK waiting up to a week to play new games, then save the 10% by taking Amazon Prime.

I just can't believe their usually excellent delivery system struggles with pre-orders EVERY FRICKIN TIME.

This ends my rant. Anyone else as frustrated as I am?
12 replies
Nov 12, 2014
133 posts
29 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I am getting AC: Origins and Wolfenstein 2 today from Amazon....on release day....ordered in June.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2005
763 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
QN5252 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 12:21 pm
I am getting AC: Origins and Wolfenstein 2 today from Amazon....on release day....ordered in June.
Amazon claims that because Nintendo wouldn't deliver the game earlier to their warehouses, they cannot guarantee same-day delivery for pre-orders. They can't explain to me why new orders placed today get same-day as an option but orders placed in advance don't qualify.

I imagine that Bethesda and Ubisoft both provide inventory early to ensure they're ready to roll on release day. Nintendo must restrict delivery to day of release due to avoid copies leaking early.
Jan 3, 2014
12 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
If you're a Prime member, just contact customer service and complain. I did that this morning (also preordered Super Mario Odyssey), and they bumped my shipping to express and said it would be delivered tomorrow.
Dec 24, 2003
79 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon made me order it again, selecting same day delivery (which for some reason delivers tomorrow, even though I did this before 10am), canceled my preorder and will issue me a refund for the difference, since I had a 20% preorder discount.

Their logic makes no sense.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3185 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
Newpunk wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 12:04 pm
I'm an Amazon Prime Member who pre-ordered Super Mario Odyssey for Switch on March 1, 2017.

Here it is, one of the biggest game releases of the year and Amazon is delaying my pre-order shipment by a week. WOW.

To top it off, if a new order is placed this morning, they get SAME DAY DELIVERY! What a crock of shhhhhhh.

SMO-Same-Day-v2.jpg

I contacted customer service to complain that new orders would get it today (Toronto) and they upgraded my pre-order to 2-day delivery, so I'll get it on Monday, October 30 now... WOW.

Such a broken pre-order system on Amazon. If you want to play games on release date, just pay full pop and buy elsewhere. If you're OK waiting up to a week to play new games, then save the 10% by taking Amazon Prime.

I just can't believe their usually excellent delivery system struggles with pre-orders EVERY FRICKIN TIME.

This ends my rant. Anyone else as frustrated as I am?
Put up a bigger stink when complaining and there's a chance they give you $ credit back to use in the future. My friend did that as a Prime member when he realized he was getting a game late (can't remember which one), and they offered him credit as an apology.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
[OP]
Nov 9, 2005
763 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
Khuffie wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 3:31 pm
Amazon made me order it again, selecting same day delivery (which for some reason delivers tomorrow, even though I did this before 10am), canceled my preorder and will issue me a refund for the difference, since I had a 20% preorder discount.

Their logic makes no sense.
They didn't even give me this option. I ended up getting $5 credit... thanks Amazon...
Dec 24, 2003
79 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Newpunk wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 4:59 pm
They didn't even give me this option. I ended up getting $5 credit... thanks Amazon...
I gave up on the person on the chat, said my problem wasn't resolved in the end chat survey and gave them the option to call me back. Even then I had to push a little bit to get them to offer me this.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2183 posts
238 upvotes
Ajax
Again as I mentioned elsewhere. Buy the game in BB, WM or whatever today and return the delivered one next week. Problem solved. Logistically Amazon cannot always get everything out. Caveats of the online world.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3295 posts
356 upvotes
Markham
Khuffie wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 6:18 pm
I gave up on the person on the chat, said my problem wasn't resolved in the end chat survey and gave them the option to call me back. Even then I had to push a little bit to get them to offer me this.
Online chat felt like I was talking to a bot.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2851 posts
933 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 6:48 pm
Again as I mentioned elsewhere. Buy the game in BB, WM or whatever today and return the delivered one next week. Problem solved. Logistically Amazon cannot always get everything out. Caveats of the online world.
If you are talking about returning the late Amazon order to BB/WM you are essentially punishing BB/WM for Amazon's incompetence.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2183 posts
238 upvotes
Ajax
WL1980 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 9:52 pm
If you are talking about returning the late Amazon order to BB/WM you are essentially punishing BB/WM for Amazon's incompetence.
True, but most people do not care.