Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon France] Christopher Nolan 7-Movie Collection (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital HD) - €58,32 plus shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 6:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10517 posts
5617 upvotes
Oil Country
Geese_Howard wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 1:46 pm
Thanks I’ve been looking for this collection. Anyone know if this is all in English including the menus?
I purchased the Man of Steel/Batman v. Superman 4K combo set from Amazon France about 1-2 months ago. The packaging had both french and english text, and the menu systems for both were in english. Both movies were made by Warner Bros., who also put out the Chris Nolan boxset.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2930 posts
1002 upvotes
Great deal. I keep on waffling though. I know I would only really watch Dunkirk and The Prestige. Kicking myself for ignoring the Boxing Day 4K HDR sale.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10517 posts
5617 upvotes
Oil Country
unshavenyak wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:05 am
Great deal. I keep on waffling though. I know I would only really watch Dunkirk and The Prestige. Kicking myself for ignoring the Boxing Day 4K HDR sale.
Apparently seven people seem to disagree... go figure. I don't think I've seen any of the seven included movies dip below $15.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
worthless without Memento
have it on blu-ray and even went out of my way to download the DVD extra that has the scenes in reverse
fudge_u wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:50 am
I don't think I've seen any of the seven included movies dip below $15.
picked up a whole bunch in steelbooks from BB US for 10 USD ea. way back when the Canadian pesos was on par
personally don't care for 4K HDR for films made over 10 years ago
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7309 posts
2054 upvotes
The rights to Memento was bought out by another studio and that movie studio is planning a remake of the movie
without Nolan's involvement. The remake is expected to be out 2019 or 2020.

I think Dunkirk and Memento are Nolan's weakest movies. At least with Dunkirk it was a major technical achievement to get those cinematic shots.
I did not like Memento as much as Nolan's other movies because: the main character is not likable at all, and he mumbles through part of the movie so it is harder to make out what he is saying.
I watched it on DVD so maybe that is a reason why.
twitchyzero wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 1:57 am
worthless without Memento
have it on blu-ray and even went out of my way to download the DVD extra that has the scenes in reverse

picked up a whole bunch in steelbooks from BB US for 10 USD ea. way back when the Canadian pesos was on par
personally don't care for 4K HDR for films made over 10 years ago
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7309 posts
2054 upvotes
Also, there was a major sale this past Black Friday on Amazon.com.

4K UHD blu-ray combos of: Inception, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Insterstellar were all $14.99 USD each.

The Nolan 4K collection never released in Canada, and The Prestige is exclusive to Best Buy USA in North America.
I was able to buy two versions off of ebay.com

The Greatest Showman 4K combo
and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 4K combo were also $9 USD each.

I bought those movies full price at launch but deals on 4K movies do come up often.
I prefer buying the USA versions for the English only cover art and descriptions in most cases.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10517 posts
5617 upvotes
Oil Country
XFactor11 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:45 am
Also, there was a major sale this past Black Friday on Amazon.com.

4K UHD blu-ray combos of: Inception, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Insterstellar were all $14.99 USD each.

The Nolan 4K collection never released in Canada, and The Prestige is exclusive to Best Buy USA in North America.
I was able to buy two versions off of ebay.com

The Greatest Showman 4K combo
and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 4K combo were also $9 USD each.

I bought those movies full price at launch but deals on 4K movies do come up often.
I prefer buying the USA versions for the English only cover art and descriptions in most cases.
I aim for Canadian, US, or UK versions when buying. If you’re looking for box sets, a lot of the time the UK versions are cheaper than in North America.
Oct 4, 2007
570 posts
106 upvotes
Ugh... bought this collection from Amazon France, order came in quickly, but 3 out of the 7 movies' boxes were ripped on the side, and part of the internal clamps for the discs is also damaged.
Now I have to figure out a way to contact Amazon in French ;(
Feb 10, 2014
429 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
Out of all the Nolan movies, Interstellar was my favourite, more than any of the Batman's which were all fantastic I thought.

Really hated Dunkirk though. Just didnt work at all for me.