Amazon Games Preorders

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2017 1:51 pm
Mar 24, 2009
35 posts
10 upvotes
Montréal, QC

Amazon Games Preorders

In the past, they were stellar. I had games on launch day with my Amazon Prime membership. But with the Switch coming, I've noticed a lot of preorders are all 5 days after the launch date. Is this something that is happening recently or just me?

For example, PS4 Lego Worlds gives me +5 days from release date. But if I select Mass Effect Andromeda PS4, I get it at launch day.

Pretty frustrated. I contacted Amazon service who tried to set up all my orders to TOP priority (they were at Express before) and it removed 1 day of shipping. In the end, I got 15$ credit from Amazon Customer Service but still this is annoying, I never took attention of my preorders in the past.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
this happens alot with pre orders on amazon.ca not sure why they even bother to take pre orders half the time the stuff is not in stock at the release i've had some items take upto a month after release to ship. u could try sending a complaint to jeff@amazon.com probably wont do much good though.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
I remember when Amazon first started taking pre-orders (with the E3 discounts) I would get games 1-2 days after release. Some collectors editions I would get a week later due to some inventory mix ups. But more recently I've been getting 100% of my games on release day. I haven't had any that have been +5 days after, but I think it seems to depend on when the preorder was placed. For example, Horzion Zero dawn. I preordered it back in 2016, my copy arrived on release day. My friend preordered it Feb 27th, and he got it today (1 day after launch day).

I still choose Amazon for my preorders mainly for the 20% discount alone.

Looking at Lego worlds, it does not tell me +5 days after release. Where are you located? Are you in a major city/hub? It could very well be location dependant.
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes
Tides of Numenra pre-order 3 days late
Zelda Breathe of the Wild for Wii u (next week)
Zelda Amiibo (next week)
Zelda Collectors Edition book (no shipping date)

Lucky that I don't really care if they're a bit late because of the 20% prime discount which is still better than BB preorders (until they get that 20% in Canada like the states).
Mar 24, 2009
35 posts
10 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Yeah for example:

Mass Effect Andromeda = Day of Release
Ghost Recon Wildlands = Day of Release

and now... Crash Bandicoot remasted ... +5 days. Hell, even FFVII Remastered I preordered with E3 discount... +5 days. Dude, there isn't even a release date, how you know you'll have +5 days delay.

When I got my FFXV copy, I got it a day earlier from the release date. I don't know if it's recent that the pre-orders have all +5 days delay, because in Fall 2016 games were usually all shipped on launch date.

I complained on Chat with them and had all my orders upgraded to Day One shipping and was given a 15$ credit. For sure it's nice to get the games at 20% rebate...it really helps on the wallet. But I will be looking to preorder games at Bestbuy or EBgames now.

I am still waiting for my Switch to get shipped... This is so annoying.
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes
chos3n wrote: Yeah for example:

Mass Effect Andromeda = Day of Release
Ghost Recon Wildlands = Day of Release

and now... Crash Bandicoot remasted ... +5 days. Hell, even FFVII Remastered I preordered with E3 discount... +5 days. Dude, there isn't even a release date, how you know you'll have +5 days delay.

When I got my FFXV copy, I got it a day earlier from the release date. I don't know if it's recent that the pre-orders have all +5 days delay, because in Fall 2016 games were usually all shipped on launch date.

I complained on Chat with them and had all my orders upgraded to Day One shipping and was given a 15$ credit. For sure it's nice to get the games at 20% rebate...it really helps on the wallet. But I will be looking to preorder games at Bestbuy or EBgames now.

I am still waiting for my Switch to get shipped... This is so annoying.
What's your trick to getting credit. Do you ask for it because all my chats with their CS about their delayed shipping results in nothing but canned responses.
Mar 24, 2009
35 posts
10 upvotes
Montréal, QC
First, never attack them. Just show you are really annoyed and feel that Prime is not worth it. Ask them if they can do something with the shipping. Explain them you are really disappointed by Amazon and that not receiving the game the day it comes out sucks. Usually, they come back with a nice credit.

On Saturday, I contacted them because I was MAD. A friend of mine ordered the Switch on Friday and go it Saturday at his house (Amazon restocked). I preordered mine on January 18th and still didn't get shipped. Hell, I got the funniest chat with the rep. She credited me 20$ just to cheer me up. Basically, be nice and ask what Amazon can do to put a smile back on your face. It works for me.

Also, if they missed their GUARANTEE delivery date. You get a month extension of Prime. It's in their policy