Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Amazon and HomeDepot] Kohler Touchless Toilet Flush Kit -- 24,97$

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2016 2:32 am
Tags:
None
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
I am waiting for a WiFi controlled flash, and it better comes with a sensor that can be installed in the toilet to detect if it's flashed and SMS me :lol: :lol:
Apr 30, 2012
42 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I installed this about 14 months in the powder room. Always fun hearing guest complaint about not knowing how to flush at times and do prepare having to find out your toilet wasn't flushed.

Just in case though most of the stock had a faulty proximity sensor that caused phantom fluchses after a few months. It happened to me but it is a free shipment from Kohler so all good. Fast ship and easy 2 parts replacement but you may still have a few days where it gets annoying to the point where you may want to take the battery out. This means manual flushes by opening the lid or just don't use that washroom for now. For your reference:

http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/0 ... s-upgrade/
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
I'll stick with mechanical. The idea of this thing going postal on me while on vacation is unsettling.
Dec 9, 2009
701 posts
480 upvotes
djpate86 wrote: I have never wanted to throw my computer out the window until I watched that youtube video.
Hahahaha! I am with ya!
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
sandav wrote: I'll stick with mechanical. The idea of this thing going postal on me while on vacation is unsettling.
Could fix that by removing the battery pack before you go on vacation.
Dec 18, 2004
128 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga
sandav wrote: I'll stick with mechanical. The idea of this thing going postal on me while on vacation is unsettling.
You can take out the batteries when you go on vacation.

EDIT: what he said
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
what if above the toilet tank lid there is one of those cheap one piece sink/counter things where the counter extends right on top of the lid (no space to put your hand between lid and counter)... Would it go through the counter as well if I wave above the counter? (I know it's infrared, but not sure if it would go through)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
HyperTech wrote: ^^^ this.

what this is used for, if you wash your hand after doing your thing and flushing.
I guess its for umm.... when you suddenly realize the first flush didn't get all of it down so you need a second flush... lol
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
For public wadhrooms: Need my butt to also levitate 1inch off the seat. Both bathroom entrance door and stall door to open and close automatically. They got touchless water, soap and drying already done.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2007
1024 posts
329 upvotes
GTA
DJDiggler wrote: I kind of get that way of thinking but really you should be washing your hands after flushing anyway so what does it matter?
By that line of reasoning, you don't mind that people like me flush the public toilets by using my foot/shoe that's been all over the public bathroom floor around the toilet, since you're going to wash your hands anyway... Good on ya. ;)
CarsonKT wrote: I am waiting for a WiFi controlled flash, and it better comes with a sensor that can be installed in the toilet to detect if it's flashed and SMS me :lol: :lol:
Zigbee/Z-wave integration for smart home! wewt!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
oldskool75 wrote: By that line of reasoning, you don't mind that people like me flush the public toilets by using my foot/shoe that's been all over the public bathroom floor around the toilet, since you're going to wash your hands anyway... Good on ya.
That's horrible and selfish.
You just perpetuate the problem of everyone being paranoid about public washrooms.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
PenMax wrote: I installed this about 14 months in the powder room. Always fun hearing guest complaint about not knowing how to flush at times and do prepare having to find out your toilet wasn't flushed.

Just in case though most of the stock had a faulty proximity sensor that caused phantom fluchses after a few months. It happened to me but it is a free shipment from Kohler so all good. Fast ship and easy 2 parts replacement but you may still have a few days where it gets annoying to the point where you may want to take the battery out. This means manual flushes by opening the lid or just don't use that washroom for now. For your reference:

http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/0 ... s-upgrade/
I could just imagine the fun that is had having to tell everyone how to flush the toilet.
Aug 29, 2001
598 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
No Siri or Envisalink integration?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1427 posts
786 upvotes
Edmonton
oldskool75 wrote: By that line of reasoning, you don't mind that people like me flush the public toilets by using my foot/shoe that's been all over the public bathroom floor around the toilet, since you're going to wash your hands anyway... Good on ya. ;)
I saw once in Europe a bathroom which had a foot pedal to flush the toilet. Not sure why that isn't implemented more often.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2007
1024 posts
329 upvotes
GTA
SomeOtherDude wrote: That's horrible and selfish.
You just perpetuate the problem of everyone being paranoid about public washrooms.
It's not horrible and selfish, it's your only option once you know others do that! (and they do, and I witnessed it in the stall next to mine many years back, which is when I stopped using hand with TP to flush the toilet)
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1254 posts
937 upvotes
Belleville
Don't ppl just use their foot to hit the flusher? Would never touch any handle with anything. Seen far too many dirty old men leave the stall and walk right out.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
LOL... people worry too much about touching the toilet lever, but I've seen tons of people going to the washroom, and not washing their hands before leaving... I really don't get people sometimes
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Mar 10, 2010
156 posts
14 upvotes
York
roblombardi wrote: LOL... people worry too much about touching the toilet lever, but I've seen tons of people going to the washroom, and not washing their hands before leaving... I really don't get people sometimes
the opposite actually. They do not wash before going to the washroom. I always wash hands before and after. remember what you are touching with unwashed hands.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2153 posts
392 upvotes
what if we put the spare toilet paper roll on top of the lid, with the crochet cover my grandma made for us?... will it work?

:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)