Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Amazon] HOT First Alert CO detector w/ battery backup

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2018 12:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon] HOT First Alert CO detector w/ battery backup

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50%
Was monitoring this CO detector on camel*3
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B004Y74B4 ... UTF8&psc=1

Might be able to PM at your Lowes, CT, Home Depot for additional discounts.

But this a great price with free shipping... Buy one for each floor of your house!
Last edited by Repooc on Sep 21st, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
Repooc wrote: Was monitoring this CO detector on camel*3
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B004Y74B4 ... UTF8&psc=1

Might be able to PM at your Lowes, CT, Home Depot for additional discounts.

But this a great price with free shipping... Buy one for each floor of your house!
Can’t pm lowes - actually amazon matched lowes price:

https://www.lowes.ca/smoke-carbon-monox ... n-monoxide
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
2048 posts
2740 upvotes
Canada
I have a number of these around the house that we bought on sale from Lowe's. They seem to work well and I can't complain about anything apart from its largish size.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Do these "activate" only when opened and plugged in? I understand the life-span of these are about 10 years. I was going to by a couple but wondering if the spare will go "bad" if I don't open/use if for awhile.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4150 posts
3251 upvotes
Toronto
Got 2 of this model in 2012 (paid less than $20 each at the time as well). One had to be replaced last winter as it started beeping one day and never stopped (unless unplugged without battery). New battery made no difference- takes a 9v battery btw. Had to throw it out. Lasted 5.25 years. The other one is still going fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1433 posts
1395 upvotes
Toronto
I decided to get units with First Alert CO & smoke detector combined (2 in 1) for the entire house. Paid less than $35 for each at Lowe’s a few weeks ago. IMO the units in OPs post only make sense for areas where you don’t already have an existing smoke alarm which can be replaced with a combined unit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mcfrugal wrote: I decided to get units with First Alert CO & smoke detector combined (2 in 1) for the entire house. Paid less than $35 for each at Lowe’s a few weeks ago. IMO the units in OPs post only make sense for areas where you don’t already have an existing smoke alarm which can be replaced with a combined unit.
Technically speaking, combined unit does not function as well as the individual units.
And when they starts acting up, you need to replace both.
Smoke detector is cheap anyway.
The only problem with these plug in unit is that it takes up space from your wall outlet.

Got 4 anyhow. haha.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
Better to have two separate units. Co detectors should be lower to the ground (subject some will disagree), while smoke detectors are higher. Also the hard wired photoelectric smoke detector by first alert is $6 off at Lowes
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
466 upvotes
Mississauga
why its showing me 38.99? did price go back up?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4150 posts
3251 upvotes
Toronto
djjungly wrote: why its showing me 38.99? did price go back up?
only 3rd party seller now. Sold and shipped by Amazon likey just sold out.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
HDawg wrote: Do these "activate" only when opened and plugged in? I understand the life-span of these are about 10 years. I was going to by a couple but wondering if the spare will go "bad" if I don't open/use if for awhile.
Sadly, no. It's from date of manufacture, and units on store shelves are often up to 6 months old already. In fact the motivation for a sale is often that the stock is getting stale. Yes, I mean you Lowe's.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
Fightguard wrote: only 3rd party seller now. Sold and shipped by Amazon likey just sold out.
LOL... that RFD effect
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2007
1101 posts
551 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Bought THIS one one sale early last October for ~$24. Has the digital display reading which would be more
than handy in the event it gets triggered.

As an aside, these should be mounted on an outlet close to the floor and a bit of a distance from the mechanical room, not too close to HWH/furnace.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2056 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
back in stock @ 18.50. Shipped and sold by amazon.ca

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)