Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3900 posts
789 upvotes
Halifax

[AMAZON] Hot Soapy Deal On Foam Gun And Soap Kit Chemical Guys. $81.57

Deal Link:
Price:
Pretty hot deal in my opinion on a foam gun and soap kit.
According to the listing it comes with:

TORQ Foam Blaster 6 Professional Grade Foam Gun
TORQ Foam Blaster 6 Heavy Duty Water Hose Trigger Gun
Miracle Dryer Towel (36" x 25")
Chenille Microfiber Wash Mitt (Color May Vary)
Chenille Microfiber Wash Mitt (Color May Vary)
Citrus Wash & Gloss Concentrated Car Wash (1 Gal)
Honeydew Snow Foam Cleanser (16 oz)

Ive seen foam guns of this quality go for this price alone. So pretty sweet! Please note, this is a Foam Gun and uses your garden hose. It is NOT a foam canon which uses a pressure washer.
Last edited by neverhaveiever on Nov 5th, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1576 posts
146 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks op. Still need to use bucket and glove or does it replace that?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3900 posts
789 upvotes
Halifax
5abi wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:55 am
Thanks op. Still need to use bucket and glove or does it replace that?
It is up to you. Here is what I do:

If my vehicle was fully detailed recently, I will do a quick wash with just a foam gun and rinse. This only works well if there is light dirt. You will have dirt left over probably, but it is good for when I am low on time.

Next usage: If your car is very dirty, a foam bath beforehand can help loosen the dirt.

Next usage: While using your two-bucket wash, you can use the foam gun to help keep the paint lathered up to reduce chances of scratching.

Next usage: it is cool as heck.

I will admit, I don't use mine that often, but when I do I am glad to have it. This kit is great if you need soap soon and the bonus towel and such. Cost-value wise it is really good. I paid nearly this much for my foam gun by itself.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3900 posts
789 upvotes
Halifax
the11thdoctor wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:53 am
Hmmm, i wish I could find the grit guards cheap
Try Canadian Tire, or a local janitorial supply. They usually go for $8-$12. I have seen some buckets actually come with them at Canadian Tire.

Plenty of online shops too, but only worth it if you buy a lot at once or have a coupon discount code.
Aug 24, 2003
803 posts
77 upvotes
gvrd
You can buy a knock off of the gun for 20$ on eBay. Got one a while back and works great.

Doesn't come with the soaps obviously
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1072 posts
231 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP - appreciated, but as mentioned, isn't really a deal.

The foam gun is not only not that useful (we're not talking a snow foam gun here) given doesn't really foam up - but also very overpriced, even in this kit. As noted, its a $5-10 foam cannon and the rest of the kit doesn't make up the rest of that value.

As noted, just like Chemical Guys' $100 snow foam cannon (can get it for $20 generically), this one with their logo is way too expensive given theyres no proprietary tech involved here.

Big Chem Guys fan, but not on this deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3900 posts
789 upvotes
Halifax
Carbo wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 12:27 pm
Thanks OP - appreciated, but as mentioned, isn't really a deal.

The foam gun is not only not that useful (we're not talking a snow foam gun here) given doesn't really foam up - but also very overpriced, even in this kit. As noted, its a $5-10 foam cannon and the rest of the kit doesn't make up the rest of that value.

As noted, just like Chemical Guys' $100 snow foam cannon (can get it for $20 generically), this one with their logo is way too expensive given theyres no proprietary tech involved here.

Big Chem Guys fan, but not on this deal.
You can risk a cheap foam gun, but they usually fall apart pretty fast. Some have had good luck, but most of the people I know who tried them pretty much wasted their money. This kit is not overpriced. At regular price it is for sure, but not at this price.

If you break it down:
($60-$80) TORQ Foam Blaster 6 Professional Grade Foam Gun
($0-$20, $0 since it should be included anyways) TORQ Foam Blaster 6 Heavy Duty Water Hose Trigger Gun
($20-$25) Miracle Dryer Towel (36" x 25")
($15-$25) Chenille Microfiber Wash Mitt (Color May Vary)
($15-$20) Chenille Microfiber Wash Mitt (Color May Vary)
($30-$45) Citrus Wash & Gloss Concentrated Car Wash (1 Gal)
($15-$20) Honeydew Snow Foam Cleanser (16 oz)

First, why the ranges in pricing? Taking into account sales, multiple sources and "happy day scenarios" you get $155.
Ignoring the foam gun: $85. That makes the foam gun and the trigger free.

Again, that is happy day scenarios, if you consider actually *today* prices it is a lot more.

Anyways, point is, great deal.
Nov 1, 2012
154 posts
67 upvotes
Markham
Just so no one is confused. This is a foam gun not a foam lance. This is to be used with a regular garden hose, not with your pressure washer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3900 posts
789 upvotes
Halifax
gujusouljah wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:18 am
Just so no one is confused. This is a foam gun not a foam lance. This is to be used with a regular garden hose, not with your pressure washer.
People get that confused all the time, I put it in the first post.
Nov 1, 2012
154 posts
67 upvotes
Markham
neverhaveiever wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:24 am
People get that confused all the time, I put it in the first post.
Whoops didn't see it at the bottom.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1072 posts
231 upvotes
Edmonton
Thread on this from earlier this week. That gun isn't a lance and is grossly overpriced. You're better off buying the products you need for a wash than the gun kit.