Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5347 posts
3179 upvotes
Exocet77 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 2:40 pm
Ups makes 1 delivery attempt, then it goes to my local ups store for me to pick up.
I like it, my stores only a min away.
NG wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 2:54 pm
Thanks and thanks clicked! But wow...only 1 attempt? It was 3 before...but at least the UPS Store works.
Our UPS driver used to wait for someone to open the door to give the package. Then, she started leaving them at the door and running. One day, she didn't leave the package, left a delivery notice telling me to pick it up from a UPS Store. I wasn't going to do that, so I requested it to be returned to the sender through UPS.com. Two weeks later, the package was still sitting at the UPS Store. I contacted UPS customer service and asked them to either bring that package back or return it to the sender. The package was sitting at my door one day later, and now they always leave them at my door and run. I'm happy with that.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2644 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary
Is this for amazon.com or Amazon.ca?
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2450 posts
1039 upvotes
Edmonton
kocoman wrote:
Feb 4th, 2015 11:57 am
Is this for amazon.com or Amazon.ca?
Works for both.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3417 posts
658 upvotes
MontrealBonjour wrote:
Dec 10th, 2014 10:21 am

Here's how:

John Smith
123 Main Street (po box 0)
Suite 123 / P.O. BOX 0
Ottawa, ON

If you place "po box 0" where I placed it in the example, Canada Post will always be selected as delivery method since UPS cannot deliver to po boxes. It tricks Amazon's automated system to use Canada Post.

For the last month I have used this method for large, heavy items and never once was UPS selected.

Hope it helps since I've seen people complain about UPS via Amazon.
Thanked. The last four times I ordered from Amazon it got delivered to the wrong house. I then have to phone Amazon to tell them I never got it, and that I'm not trying to scam them. I then phone UPS because their driver can't read. I'll try this the next time.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1229 posts
593 upvotes
Ottawa ON
Since Amazon has recently changed it's delivery date from "guaranteed on X date" to "estimated X date to Y date", it has been causing delays, particularly with UPS.

Canada Post is still on time 100% of the time - here in Ottawa for example, prime takes 24-48 hours to get to me whilst UPS takes 72 hours+.

I thought I would bump this so more people are aware that they do have the option in terms of delivery carriers if UPS is causing you grief/delays.

I use Amazon a couple times per week and since doing the switch to CP, my items have always arrived on time with absolutely zero problems of any kinds - I am very satisfied. If UPS was still an option, I would of significantly reduced my shopping at Amazon because of the hell UPS puts me through.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6030 posts
581 upvotes
SW Ontario
Btw. According to this

http://mailp.in/f9y3c8H5

You just need the word 'box' in the first address line (on Amazon when you edit the address it says the first line is where Po box goes.

Their software recognizes the word 'box'. So that is the key.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9807 posts
1254 upvotes
Toronto
MontrealBonjour wrote:
Dec 10th, 2014 10:59 am
I have been putting it twice as indicated in the example because the Amazon agent did not clarify if it was address field 1 or 2, so I place it in both fields to be safe. I am also not sure if the periods make a difference after the p and the o so I have one field with and the other without.

It's a nice change being able to receive my packages every single time with no issues because we get buzzed to come down and meet Canada Post. Even the Canada Post outlets are just minutes away such as shoppers drug mart.

Shipping seems slightly faster as well. I ordered a humidifier Tuesday at 130am and it's being delivered today via prime. If it was UPS the item would of been delivered tomorrow.
At least they buzz you.

For me whoever does the deliveries they don't even knock on the door. One day I opened my garage to go outside for something and the driver was walking up with only a pre written notice, said id like the package and he gave it to me... Ridiculous system

FedEx on the other hand once went into my backyard and left the package at the back door. Didn't even notice until I went to turn the bbq on