• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 2:08 pm
[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
732 posts
226 upvotes

Amazon: Makita SDS Plus 17 Piece Drill and Chisel Kit ~$47 incl HST

Deal Link:
Reposting this since my earlier thread somehow got locked and moved to expired deals....again. Have had a series of very frustrating / irritating experiences here with certain powers that be so seriously considering not contributing anymore. However - rant aside...hoping this helps someone Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

P.S. the below includes all taxes, duties & shipping.
--------

Meant to post this earlier for the folks who got in on the Bosch Rotary Hammer deal (I did not Crying Face) but username got 'brown?'-listed at that time...

Considering what some of the smaller kits / individual bits cost - pretty good for what you get under $50 delivered (incl HST etc.) From Amazon UK so shipping might not be instant :)

Link Here
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 1st, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added link
20 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2150 posts
681 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered a few sds Makita items. Great pricing.
Nov 6, 2003
106 posts
14 upvotes
Will there be an issue with metric sized drill bits with north american sized anchors.

Bryon
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1144 posts
432 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Definitely a nice price..

They also have another set, also amazingly priced (Makita D-21191 SDS Plus Drill and Chisel Set, 10 pc): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005EF7QMG

However, if you have an SDS Plus drill, typically it is for those larger and longer drills sizes, which are too painful to deal with an ordinary hammer drill. This set has quite a few larger drills (10x460, 16x460 & 20x460mm)
On the other kit, the largest drill is only 14x260mm, however it does include more in terms of chisels.

Tempting, so tempting.. Didn't realize that amazon global shipping from the UK was so cheap also.. Comes to like $45 all in.
bryonfriesen wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 9:23 am
Will there be an issue with metric sized drill bits with north american sized anchors.

Bryon
Shouldn't be too bad. As long as you take the closest size.. 1"=25.4mm, so if you have a 1/2" anchor, use a 13mm drill... It would be .6mm difference.. In concrete, it won't make a huge difference. Well within the margins. 3/8" anchor, use a 7mm drill and you'd have less than .5mm clearance.
Nov 6, 2003
106 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks for the info, bought both sets. In cart one came in at 20 and the other was 18.33. total 50.02 shipped to Winnipeg. Google says it should be around $75 after exchange.

Bryon
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1615 posts
106 upvotes
For someone who is going to be using this for DIYs, what would be a good use of the chisel?

What I mean is: to what extent would you need to use a chisel? I'd be afraid to accidentally damage concrete flooring, so I'm only asking a genuine question. no troll.
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15153 posts
1102 upvotes
Thornhill
Questionz wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:15 pm
For someone who is going to be using this for DIYs, what would be a good use of the chisel?

What I mean is: to what extent would you need to use a chisel? I'd be afraid to accidentally damage concrete flooring, so I'm only asking a genuine question. no troll.
removing tile, or mortar with the hammer drill in hammer mode.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1144 posts
432 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Questionz wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:15 pm

When I wanted to make a 4" hole in a wall to run a dryer vent, I just used a 1/2" bit, drilled a dozen or so holes around the perimeter, and then used the chisel to break away everything in between. A 1/2" Bosch bulldog Xtreme bit, went through 12" of reinforced concrete, like butter, even with an el-cheapo SDS plus drill I picked up from Rona. OK, not as clean as having used a proper 4" core bit, but any decent core bit for that concrete would have cost me well over $250, and not sure it would survive the reinforced concrete. At least taking the multiple hole approach, once I broke the material in the center of the circle, I had 1 piece of rebar, which I used my sawzall with a bimetal blade to cut through.

Initially I tried using my Makita HP2010N (which is no slouch typically) and it was too painful.
Nov 7, 2005
81 posts
14 upvotes
Nice find. Just what I needed for my Bosch from CT. Better deal than the one set that was $99 from CT.
Time to return the mini set ($20) back to CT.
Nov 12, 2009
61 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
Got my order today, they shipped an empty box. I'm not kidding, it was empty box shipped from Europe. Now what do I do?
Nov 12, 2009
61 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
Called Amazon, they have no record of my order number. Did anyone actually receive this? I'm on the phone with Visa right now to report fraud.
Nov 12, 2009
61 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
Oh, and they charged my credit card twice for the product.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
1922 posts
2403 upvotes
Laval
received mine three days ago nice kit