Shopping Discussion

Amazon may have caught on to customers adding OOS filler items to meet spending requirement for free delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2018 8:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50899 posts
15611 upvotes

Amazon may have caught on to customers adding OOS filler items to meet spending requirement for free delivery

I couldn't cancel and was told the OOS items were part of a multi-line product discount.

Good thing customer service gladly cancelled the orders for me as I found the same product in a bigger format that's more price effective.

It used to be so easy to cancel these things so from now on, I'm really going to just order filler items I will really need lol.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6529 posts
5138 upvotes
North York
I saw this, and went to cancel 1 of my items expecting to deliver on May 8. Reason: not on time.
I ordered this with 2x baby bottle brushes (add-on items) to make it over $25.

Cancel successful!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5238 posts
5918 upvotes
Amazon added this protection since more than 6 months ago. If CSR checks that you are not the person abusing the loophole and you have valid reason to cancel it, they are willing to cancel it for you. However, please note that if you have 2 outstanding items in the order, you want to cancel one of the item and retain the add-on item in the order, CSR will not be able to cancel the item for you if the order total is below $25 since system will remove all outstanding items in the order once the total is below $25 with at least one add-on item still in the order.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50899 posts
15611 upvotes
I don't abuse but good to know that trick no longer works.

They weren't add-on items and they got shipped last night and delivered today.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6529 posts
5138 upvotes
North York
alanbrenton wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 1:44 pm
I don't abuse but good to know that trick no longer works.

They weren't add-on items and they got shipped last night and delivered today.
Mine were also ordered yesterday, the brushes just got delivered today. And the other item got cancelled fine.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2834 posts
1422 upvotes
Vancouver
Been doing this for a long time. Have not encountered any problems.

$1.99 Nestle bottled water + temp OOS item = free shipping. No questions asked by CS when cancelling. The water is an add-on item too.