Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters Whole Bean Filter Coffee, 340g (3/4 lb) $8.75

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 10:02 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 2, 2014
43 posts
80 upvotes
CALGARY

[Amazon.ca] Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters Whole Bean Filter Coffee, 340g (3/4 lb) $8.75

***Update: Click & save coupon only now available for P&S Decaf (separate item on Amazon). Price for The Standard is now $14.75 for a savings of $5***

"The Standard" roast is pictured in their main photo but one reviewer stated they got a different kind. Also a few reviewers indicated they received beans roasted a couple of months previously. Roll of the dice, I guess.

Regular price $19.75 (!!! not even from a civet's arse), marked down to $14.75 but there's also one of those "coupons" you just click the box for, in this case an extra 6 bucks off.

I'm not a coffee expert, unlike many on RFD, so I'll probably pick some up but I get it if it's not worth the potential risk to you guys of ending up with nasty stale coffee dust.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by djroomba on Sep 26th, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
93 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Thanks! I love Phil & Sebastian and it NEVER goes on sale on their website. When did Amazon start selling Phil & Sebastian and Detour? Detour is pretty good but also quite expensive.
May 31, 2016
50 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks OP! In for 1. I'd buy more if the coupon applied to quantities > 1.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6201 posts
3007 upvotes
Toronto
Was able to buy multiples buy doing separate purchases. Thanks OP! Great find.
*Also, who downvoted this deal? A $20 bag of speciality coffee from one of the best roasters in Canada for $8.75 is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3422 posts
1895 upvotes
Montreal, QC
djroomba wrote: "The Standard" roast is pictured in their main photo but one reviewer stated they got a different kind. Also a few reviewers indicated they received beans roasted a couple of months previously. Roll of the dice, I guess.

Regular price $19.75 (!!! not even from a civet's arse), marked down to $14.75 but there's also one of those "coupons" you just click the box for, in this case an extra 6 bucks off.

I'm not a coffee expert, unlike many on RFD, so I'll probably pick some up but I get it if it's not worth the potential risk to you guys of ending up with nasty stale coffee dust.
that one reviewer is picky. filter coffee is just that, beans roasted for filter. anyway, hopefully, no one is getting months old beans. anything over 6 weeks is pretty much undrinkable unless it's Scandinavian roasters. it can be used as experiment and cold brew but even that, you're better off getting a freshly pull cup at a café that offers P&S if you never tried P&S
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Was about to get it, then I read the reviews :(.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1834 posts
1569 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
How good is this coffee? how is it compared to kicking horse coffee
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1200 posts
309 upvotes
earthpetal wrote: How good is this coffee? how is it compared to kicking horse coffee
Significantly better but I might be a coffee snob. Phil and Sebastian are really good roasters. Their coffee usually sells for way more and is worth it. Just know that it isn't possible to tell when the beans you receive we're roasted. That may matter to some people. At this price it is fine but at normal prices you don't want 4+ week old beans.
Last edited by samj1 on Sep 26th, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2013
105 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
earthpetal wrote: How good is this coffee? how is it compared to kicking horse coffee
I personally find it too acidic. Tried different brewing methods, but still didn't like it.

I love how smooth Kicking Horse is. My goto coffee.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener
Deal dead? I don't see any coupon.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3422 posts
1895 upvotes
Montreal, QC
not exactly the same. in short, you need to look at flavor profile and what notes do you like in your coffee. typically, when people say I like my coffee to taste like coffee, we're talking chocolate and caramel notes. if that's what you enjoy, go toward that. since you can't choose on Amazon, best to buy in a café.

people who drink speciality coffee usually enjoy the different flavors that can be found which go towards berries, citrus and floral. to some, they may find it too "acidic"
Nov 23, 2015
103 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
"Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon."

Whenever I try to add the $6 coupon.
Sep 6, 2008
52 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Anyone else not seeing the coupon for the extra $5 off?
Aug 27, 2017
236 posts
121 upvotes
Has to be a catch here. Probably roast dates or they errored a batch or two, although it could be that they're just trying to flash-market.

These guys are one of the best in Canada along with guys like Rosso. LOLed at comparing Kicking Horse to this.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1167 posts
1977 upvotes
Montreal
pistolpetejr wrote: Has to be a catch here. Probably roast dates or they errored a batch or two, although it could be that they're just trying to flash-market.

These guys are one of the best in Canada along with guys like Rosso. LOLed at comparing Kicking Horse to this.
How does it compare to 49th parallel? Is it still worth it at 14$? Just noticed it's not even a pound, only 340g

Seems like reviews are saying a few of customers got coffee beans that are roasted +2 months prior. Some got different kinds of coffee. I think I'll pass
Aug 27, 2017
236 posts
121 upvotes
lostchild83 wrote: How does it compare to 49th parallel? Is it still worth it at 14$? Just noticed it's not even a pound, only 340g
I think at 8 bucks it's worth the risk to find out if there is a catch :P
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Considering trying new coffee roasts, if P&S is well-loved, I'll consider them.

Right now I'm loving my standard Timmy's dark roast with espresso shot. Brightens my morning.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Dec 29, 2016
249 posts
35 upvotes
Only seeing the coupon on the decaf. Anyone else having any luck with the regular roasts?
Aug 8, 2007
836 posts
729 upvotes
Like this coffee but coupon only appearing on Decaf now. Espresso says usually ships within 1 to 2 months. Is that statement usually accurate with Amazon or just CYA? Even if freah now waiting two months to ship it won’t be.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)