Thanks for making our neighborhood safer Amazon /s
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5205 posts
928 upvotes
Markham
Supahhh wrote:
Also this is not a failure of necessarily Amazon, but if the delivery service who ever it was.

Its part of amazon purchase, so its failure of amazon
[OP]
Apr 5, 2006
298 posts
140 upvotes
Mississauga
engineered wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 4:44 pm
Lots of amazon deliveries are stolen by the driver...
That's just great, I'm feeling better now: I'm not alone.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3656 posts
526 upvotes
Waterloo
engineered wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 4:44 pm
Lots of amazon deliveries are stolen by the driver...

Well., that doesnt really qualify as "Lots" , it simply qualifies as "once in a blue moon" . Amazon ships hundreds of millions of packages.

Lots of packages stolen implies ( implies majority of packages stolen ? ) that a significant number get stolen. Where as this is not the case at all, Far from it, only a insignificant number go missing.
peli33 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 4:48 pm
Chances are good you were in fact chatting with a robot. Good chunk of 1st level customer service at Amazon is automated with chatbots.
Do you have any source for this?
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
12017 posts
11811 upvotes
Oakville
Supahhh wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 7:26 pm
Well., that doesnt really qualify as "Lots" , it simply qualifies as "once in a blue moon" . Amazon ships hundreds of millions of packages.

Lots of packages stolen implies ( implies majority of packages stolen ? ) that a significant number get stolen. Where as this is not the case at all, Far from it, only a insignificant number go missing.
Why are you arguing this?
I didn't say "a high percentage of packages are stolen". I said lots are stolen, irrelevant of what percentage of total shipment that is.
The fact that I found that many videos in about 60 seconds of searching is telling. Now consider that most people don't even have video doorbells to catch them and post online.

Are there Amazon fanboys now that have to defend them no matter what, just like the Apple fanbois?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1382 posts
595 upvotes
Its been covered in other thread(s) if delivery is an issue(s), maybe it's time for get an off-site mailbox (paid) or use CP flex delivery program.

Obviously it's not for everyone but at least you've got options.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1382 posts
595 upvotes
It's been covered in other thread(s) if missing/misplace delivery is an issue(s), maybe it's time for get an off-site mailbox (paid) or use CP flex delivery program.

Obviously it's not for everyone but at least you've got options.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3656 posts
526 upvotes
Waterloo
engineered wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 10:12 pm
Why are you arguing this?
I didn't say "a high percentage of packages are stolen". I said lots are stolen, irrelevant of what percentage of total shipment that is.
The fact that I found that many videos in about 60 seconds of searching is telling. Now consider that most people don't even have video doorbells to catch them and post online.

Are there Amazon fanboys now that have to defend them no matter what, just like the Apple fanbois?
I really wish I didnt have to defend this. I am hating Amazon these days. ( as previosly posted in another post I actually cancelled prime but was forced to get it back because of lack or service to non prime members ) However, this selection of videos in the grand perspective of millions and millions of shipments is less than a drop.
Its plain fact .
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
12017 posts
11811 upvotes
Oakville
Supahhh wrote:
Oct 13th, 2019 12:31 am
I really wish I didnt have to defend this. I am hating Amazon these days. ( as previosly posted in another post I actually cancelled prime but was forced to get it back because of lack or service to non prime members ) However, this selection of videos in the grand perspective of millions and millions of shipments is less than a drop.
Its plain fact .
Again, I never claimed it was more than a drop (ie, significant percentage of deliveries). I can have a lot of people in my house, but that doesn't mean it's a significant percentage of the human population.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3197 posts
1897 upvotes
Vancouver
Supahhh wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 7:26 pm

Do you have any source for this?
You got to remember not many people actually have security/doorbell system/camera setup. On my block, i think im one of 3 houses that has camera setup (tho possibly more since they could be well hidden). You can also find a lot more videos than that online either via youtube or twitter. Of course its still a very small percentage relative to the number of deliveries but it does seem to be trending up the last year or two.
Nov 8, 2005
730 posts
116 upvotes
Ryder Nation
Amazon delivery is really hit or miss. I am an Amazon Prime member and probably order 3-4 times a month, usually less.

What's interesting though is I get on average, 50-100 Amazon packages a year that don't have my name or address on them, but they get left at my front door. For a while, I started delivering the packages myself as the addresses were nearby, but I got fed up and stopped.

I've contacted Amazon many, many times about this and due to it not being my order they cannot help me. They usually tell me to throw out the package.

I don't even open most these packages anymore, and leave them on a shelf in the garage or I give it away to friends. From the packages I've opened, mostly kids toys and diapers.