• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 4:51 am
May 3, 2010
35 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:19 pm
Isn't working for me. I can get in to Amazon.ca, see the app download, but when I launch it, it keeps prompting me to sign up for Unlimited and ask me for billing info. Entered the info and says there's a problem with the info, even though it's the exact same card I already have on file for Prime.

Same problem for me. Tried multiple times. I emailed customer service directly through the app and they said they were affiliated with the US Amazon, so I was to email Canadian Amazon instead. Looks like they are still working on kinks.
Jul 15, 2003
308 posts
104 upvotes
Did a quick scan thru and didn't see this answered yet. But I remember a couple of people asking about it.

I have it installed on two devices, had it streaming on device 1, opened the app on device 2, it started playing but had a pop up telling me I was already streaming on device 1, would I like to switch.

Both streams were playing while the message was there. Once I hit cancel it stopped on device 2 and kept going on device 1

Tried again and hit continue on device 2, and it's playing on both fine.

So it looks like you can play on multiple devices concurrently, but it will pop a message telling you that you are playing on more devices than the subscription allows.
Mar 5, 2011
28 posts
6 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:19 pm
Isn't working for me. I can get in to Amazon.ca, see the app download, but when I launch it, it keeps prompting me to sign up for Unlimited and ask me for billing info. Entered the info and says there's a problem with the info, even though it's the exact same card I already have on file for Prime.
I had the issue accessing Prime Photos.

Turned out my account was affiliated (?) with Amazon.com. Once they changed my account to default to .ca I was able to access all Canadian Prime apps.
Apr 26, 2006
136 posts
38 upvotes
simsin wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:14 pm
I'm also wondering if the primeMOVIES and primeMUSIC will work on the Firetv from the US now

Anyone have any feedback?
I tried this morning and it didnt work ("please try again later". Glad to see both fire stick and firetv (which isn't officially available in Canada) is on the supported list. I've already set the country to canada under www.amazon.ca/mycd.

Maybe there is a setting on their backend they need to change to fix it...and hopefully the video will be fixed as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17537 posts
3821 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
canuckistanian44 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:38 am
Their app (android) said chromecasts are supported. I'd like to verify this (or hear someone say it works with Chromecast audio groups). I keep hitting my device limit with Google play everytime I factory reset my phone..
There is no cast icon anywhere in the app. Amazon is purposefully not supporting chromecast with any of their services because they want to force people to buy their Fire crap instead (or worse, also...) .
Feb 3, 2007
820 posts
71 upvotes
mooomoose wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:41 pm
I tried this morning and it didnt work ("please try again later". Glad to see both fire stick and firetv (which isn't officially available in Canada) is on the supported list. I've already set the country to canada under www.amazon.ca/mycd.

Maybe there is a setting on their backend they need to change to fix it...and hopefully the video will be fixed as well.
I was hoping the primeMOVIES would finaly work now that they launched the firestick officialy in Canada.

Anyone have any success running Amazon Prime on the firetv (the box version imported from US)

thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6808 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
Just downloaded and it works. However, they don't seem to have Alot of new stuff. Are they going to be adding newer albums?
Apr 26, 2006
136 posts
38 upvotes
simsin wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:10 pm
I was hoping the primeMOVIES would finaly work now that they launched the firestick officialy in Canada.

Anyone have any success running Amazon Prime on the firetv (the box version imported from US)

thanks!
Yep.. Interested to know as well. As others pointed out, its PIA now to need another device to "play on the firetv"...

BTW. Primemusic now works on the firetv, but sadly still the dreaded 5505 error for videos.
Feb 3, 2007
820 posts
71 upvotes
mooomoose wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:48 pm
Yep.. Interested to know as well. As others pointed out, its PIA now to need another device to "play on the firetv"...

BTW. Primemusic now works on the firetv, but sadly still the dreaded 5505 error for videos.
cool, at least the music works. Now if only they fixed PrimeMOVIES to work on the own device... would be great.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15888 posts
4543 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
So multi device streaming works perfectly to all alexa devices with amazon music.

The only caveat is that if you have an echo dot connected wirelessly to a better Bluetooth speaker, the music will not play through that speaker. It will revert to playing through the echo dot speaker.

But regardless, multi alexa device streaming works.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jan 12, 2017
261 posts
8 upvotes
Greetings, is it possible to pay for a Prime membership with an Amazon GC? Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1414 posts
382 upvotes
The library seems so bad for this. Won't be using it since I have spotify too.
Dec 17, 2014
212 posts
113 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 5:33 pm
There is no cast icon anywhere in the app. Amazon is purposefully not supporting chromecast with any of their services because they want to force people to buy their Fire crap instead (or worse, also...) .
Chromecast support was supposed to have been added this week. There are articles and Youtube videos showing the cast icon although I could not find it in the android version yesterday.

This is pulled from the apk description (bottom of 'read more') from Google Play this morning:

WHAT'S NEW

Chromecast Support: You can now select music on your Android device, and have the music play on your Chromecast enabled devices.
The Amazon Music app now features Alexa. Tap the new “Alexa” button and ask Alexa to play new music, play a song by its lyrics, play work-out music, or many other Alexa supported commands or questions, all from within the app.
Alexa is available for customers on Android Lollipop (5.0) and higher.
Jan 12, 2017
261 posts
8 upvotes
inocent wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 11:52 pm
The library seems so bad for this. Won't be using it since I have spotify too.
Hopefully their content will expand before my Spotify sub runs out in FebruarySmiling Face With Open Mouth