• Dec 12th, 2017 4:51 am
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17534 posts
3820 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
canuckistanian44 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 7:34 am
Chromecast support was supposed to have been added this week. There are articles and Youtube videos showing the cast icon although I could not find it in the android version yesterday.

This is pulled from the apk description (bottom of 'read more') from Google Play this morning:

WHAT'S NEW

Chromecast Support: You can now select music on your Android device, and have the music play on your Chromecast enabled devices.
The Amazon Music app now features Alexa. Tap the new “Alexa” button and ask Alexa to play new music, play a song by its lyrics, play work-out music, or many other Alexa supported commands or questions, all from within the app.
Alexa is available for customers on Android Lollipop (5.0) and higher.
Weird I see that in the description too now that I'm looking for it, but it definitely is not giving me any obvious way to cast and my house is full of chromecastable things.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4451 posts
1955 upvotes
Mississauga
m3thods wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:39 pm
I had the issue accessing Prime Photos.

Turned out my account was affiliated (?) with Amazon.com. Once they changed my account to default to .ca I was able to access all Canadian Prime apps.
Did you call or chat? The CSR I just spoke to is very clueless and I can't find a way to change the default manually.
May 31, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
London, ON
Is there some sort of trick to get prime music to work?

The app keeps telling me it needs my billing information - I enter my credit card and it tells me an error occurred while processing it.

I try to login to the website and it tells me my session timed out and I need to login again ( I tried logging in 25 times - every time i Just get met with the same error).

At this point I've tried it on 2 PCs, 2 phones and a tablet. All same error.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4451 posts
1955 upvotes
Mississauga
Ryokoo wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 1:05 pm
Is there some sort of trick to get prime music to work?

The app keeps telling me it needs my billing information - I enter my credit card and it tells me an error occurred while processing it.

I try to login to the website and it tells me my session timed out and I need to login again ( I tried logging in 25 times - every time i Just get met with the same error).

At this point I've tried it on 2 PCs, 2 phones and a tablet. All same error.
I searched "amazon.ca contact us" and had them call me. Explained how Prime just wasn't working....and they troubleshooted and had someone change my country settings! That might be a reason why it keeps glitching on you.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17534 posts
3820 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Has anybody got the app to see their chromecast/chromecast built-in things? I'm confused why there is no cast button anywhere when the app description claims it should support it. Don't have any issue with any other chromecast compatible apps.
Jun 28, 2010
4 posts
2 upvotes
Halifax
steven80 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:04 pm
Google Photos
Google photos changes the resolution of your photos if you use the unlimited. Prime photos does not.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1176 posts
803 upvotes
Langley, BC
unnoticeable unless you print enlarged pics.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6819 posts
2241 upvotes
Markham
Said212 wrote:
Did you call or chat? The CSR I just spoke to is very clueless and I can't find a way to change the default manually.
I found a link but it didn't allow switching to CA from COM.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/account/settings
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Mar 5, 2011
28 posts
6 upvotes
Said212 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 4:12 pm
Ahh thank you! I ended up going to CONTACT ME and had them call my cellphone. They were able to change it to CAD.
Said212 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 4:12 pm

Ahh thank you! I ended up going to CONTACT ME and had them call my cellphone. They were able to change it to CAD.
Said212 wrote:
Glad you found it. I had to talk to them on the phone (via the contact me menu) for them to change it.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3454 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
In the USA Amazon Music Unlimited is US$8 a month for Prime Members. So is Amazon Prime Music bait and switch, with a $8 a month music service in the pipeline?

I’m having doubts about my Echo Plus purchase.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Apr 22, 2017
76 posts
73 upvotes
I was thinking about dropping Spotify and picking up some Prime in exchange -- but from the comments so far in the thread, I get the feeling that this isn't really worth it at the moment...

Any thoughts from those who have both?
Sep 22, 2010
154 posts
65 upvotes
Victoria
Albuca wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:52 pm
I was thinking about dropping Spotify and picking up some Prime in exchange -- but from the comments so far in the thread, I get the feeling that this isn't really worth it at the moment...

Any thoughts from those who have both?
I'm new to Amazon music, but thus far my thoughts are as follows: Amazon Music seems mostly limited to top 40 and/or other larger scale hits. The sound quality is not nearly as clean as Spotify. Amazon's UI is not nearly as nicely laid out as Spotify.

Brass tacks...Spotify destroys Amazon music...at least for today.

Thanks,
Cal.
Last edited by calvados.boualrd on Nov 17th, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 17, 2013
297 posts
65 upvotes
mine started working today without me changing anything. they must have fixed something