• Dec 12th, 2017 4:51 am
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4542 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
calvados.boualrd wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 12:19 am
I'm new to Amazon music, but thus far my thoughts are as follows: Amazon Music seems mostly limited to top 40 and/or other larger scale hits. The sound quality is not nearly as clean as Spotify. Amazon's UI is not nearly as nicely laid out as Spotify.

Brass tax...Spotify destroys Amazon music...at least for today.

Thanks,
Cal.
it's brass tacks not tax/levy but i see what you mean
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Sep 22, 2010
155 posts
65 upvotes
Victoria
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 11:18 am
it's brass tacks not tax/levy but i see what you mean
Thanks. All this time I was unaware I was saying it wrong.

Thanks,
Cal.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4542 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
calvados.boualrd wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 11:30 am
Thanks. All this time I was unaware I was saying it wrong.

Thanks,
Cal.
no worries. it sounds the same it's just a different object lol
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
May 6, 2013
38 posts
7 upvotes
I had to contact through chat to switch from .com to .ca and it started working right away.

Also had issues with it accepting my credit card, so if you're having that issue log into amazon and check you payment options. I had switched my card over as my other had expired. The new card was not set as a default so it would error out if I tried entering my new one as it was already in the system. Error message had zero useful information in it.
Mar 4, 2008
124 posts
33 upvotes
Got it working finally. Had to talk to chat again, this time they said they migrated my account from .com to .ca and it worked right away, I'm guessing similar to kklown76's experience.
May 17, 2010
165 posts
44 upvotes
So they add amazon music, but then they take away their unlimited cloud storage plan. It's now $125/yr per TB up to 30TB, or $25/yr for up to 100GB. Was $79 (I think) for unlimitedAngry Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6820 posts
2241 upvotes
Markham
way2quik wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 12:25 am
This did it for me.
Settings, launch web player, from there a pop-up allowed me to select Canada.

Thank you.
I can't even launch the web player. It goes into an infinite loop of "Session Expired".
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Aug 22, 2014
173 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 8:27 am
I can't even launch the web player. It goes into an infinite loop of "Session Expired".
Same here.

Edit: Did the online chat thing with support to get it fixed.
May 31, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
London, ON
BreadBagSeals wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:10 pm
Same here.

Edit: Did the online chat thing with support to get it fixed.
Did they say what they did?

I contacted support the day Prime Music launched in Canada, they said they would contact me when the issue was "fixed". Still no phone call..
Oct 26, 2016
80 posts
30 upvotes
I contacted them today as well. They said that my music account is linked to .com and my Prime account is linked to .ca. I asked if they can manually switch it, The rep said can't. Said Amazon is aware of the issue and trying to fix it. No timeline. I asked if Amazon will make up for Prime members who are unable to access Music, said no information has been provided.
Aug 22, 2014
173 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Ryokoo wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 3:23 pm
Did they say what they did?
Moved my music .com account over to .ca.
Aug 22, 2014
173 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
d0m056 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 3:41 pm
I contacted them today as well. They said that my music account is linked to .com and my Prime account is linked to .ca. I asked if they can manually switch it, The rep said can't. Said Amazon is aware of the issue and trying to fix it. No timeline. I asked if Amazon will make up for Prime members who are unable to access Music, said no information has been provided.
Weird, here's the relevant part of my chat transcript :
05:47 AM PST Amazon: it looks like the problem is that you have your Music account under Amazon.com
05:48 AM PST Amazon: :) alright no worries, then let me help you migrate the music account to Amazon.ca bear with me just a moment
05:48 AM PST BreadBagSeals: Thanks!
05:48 AM PST Amazon: :) you're welcome
05:49 AM PST Amazon: Alright, it's done so you should be able to stream music now. Could you try in your browser and app and see if it works?
Oct 26, 2016
80 posts
30 upvotes
BreadBagSeals wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 9:51 pm
Weird, here's the relevant part of my chat transcript :
I'm gonna try and contact them again, may be a different rep can be helpful.
Feb 13, 2007
9 posts
Peroxide wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:04 am
To those stating it's not working, try paying for Amazon Prime instead of milking the free trials. If you go to your account and view your Prime benefits, it'll likely state something along the lines of 'Upgrade to get Prime Video and Prime Music'.

https://i.imgur.com/68gWFPF.png
Peroxide, never assume!

I just tried Amazon Prime Music and well, I can't actually use it.
From the iPhone app, I see the message, "Your Amazon account is missing some information. Please visit the Amazon music page from your computer to update your 1-click settings and then tap Refresh to access Amazon Music"...
Okay, so I tried that... from my computer,
1. I can't find any settings that change the behaviour of the app.

2. I cannot log into the computer browser version of Amazon Music. Every time I try, I get the message, "Session Expired. Please sign in again to continue using Amazon Music". Repeat...same! Tried both Chrome and Firefox (latest updates) with same results!

NOTE: I've checked for cookie issues and adblocking. None are activated.

I'm going to contact Amazon support now.