Amazon Prime Music launching today in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 4:51 am
Feb 13, 2007
9 posts
BreadBagSeals wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:10 pm
Same here.

Edit: Did the online chat thing with support to get it fixed.
It's a simple fix!

If any Amazon Prime Canada subscriber is experiencing difficulties with Amazon Prime Music Canada, you need to contact Amazon support. Amazon is aware of a problem where Canadian subscribers are erroneously being redirected to Amazon Prime Music U.S.
It's an easy fix but it will take about 24 hours for the correction to migrate across all the Amazon servers.

All you need to do is open a chat session with Amazon support.

Note: This migration will not impact your ability to purchase on Amazon.com.
Aug 22, 2014
173 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sconnelly wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 6:41 pm
It's an easy fix but it will take about 24 hours for the correction to migrate across all the Amazon servers.
In my case it was instant once the customer rep flipped the switch.
Nov 22, 2015
168 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Its been out for a week now. And in my opinion it sucks.
Feb 8, 2010
182 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton
Its good to have it for free with prime but contents of music and prime video is very limited for canadians
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
I've had it on my phone for over a month. Nice to have but one big problem - the music catalogue is missing way too many artists. I'm actually surprised at how Amazon launched this service with a half ass music collection.
Jan 17, 2009
52 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They should work on Amazon video first.. i can stream 4k netflix no problem, but my tv struggles to stream any hd amazon content.

I dont have high hopes for their music service.
Oct 18, 2012
233 posts
257 upvotes
OTTAWA
Vasilyke wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:36 am
Its been out for a week now. And in my opinion it sucks.
I agree. The selection sucks. Hopefully, Amazon pumps some money into it.
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
mannat25 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:38 am
Its good to have it for free with prime but contents of music and prime video is very limited for canadians
Not just Canadians have been content shafted this time. Americans have pretty much panned Amazon prime music. Amazon offers a more complete music collection.... For an additional price of course.
Feb 13, 2004
109 posts
31 upvotes
As said in a few of the previous posts, it's been around for a few weeks at least and the selection is indeed meh.

I sorta see it as a (very minimal) "value add".
It certainly wouldn't convince me to sign up for Prime if I didn't already see the value of having a Prime account for other reasons.
Nov 22, 2012
379 posts
119 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Ecsta wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:39 am
They should work on Amazon video first.. i can stream 4k netflix no problem, but my tv struggles to stream any hd amazon content.

I dont have high hopes for their music service.
Both work fine on all my devices.
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
Overall I'm glad they launched it because theres always potential to expand the collection especially now following very negative feedback. Patience.
Jul 10, 2017
44 posts
88 upvotes
I had a look and it's nice for being included with Prime. But with a catalog of 2M tracks (vs 40M-ish of premium services), it's lacking.

Case in point: They have three Pink Floyd albums (Dark Side of the Moon, Atom Heart Mother and Meddle).

Google Music has 28 Pink Floyd albums.

Keep in mind that Amazon does have Amazon Unlimited as a premium service with a more competitive catalog.

I'm sure if you want to hear current pop songs, Prime Music has you covered.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
2750 posts
463 upvotes
Toronto
lol, the wife told me first about it, video kinda lacking
haven't checked music yet as I have play music
FS/FT: none atm