• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2016 7:55 am
Tags:
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes

Amazon Prime (not so Prime)

Well, this is more of a Canada Post rant.

multiple times Canada Post delayed their delivery by a week or more. The items I ordered were in fact Prime eligible. And on 1 order, I even paid extra to get it shipped in 1 day; however, it didn't arrive until a week later.

What will Amazon do to compensate for the bad services their chosen carrier have delivered to their customers? I want my prime membership refunded, although it doesn't compensate for the frustration of waiting for an item that was supposed to have arrived a week ago.
39 replies
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
I live in Toronto. Close to the Pacific Mall on Steels and Kennedy.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
I get this all the time. However its with purolator and there always a couple days late sometimes a week and amazon just says sorry we will mark this and ship with different company but of course its always purolator.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Then you need to talk to Amazon about this. If only CP has this problem, then they may change other carrier for you. Amazon probably will compensate you by credit and/or extending the prime membership. If you pay for the 1 day shipping, Amazon will refund you the money. You should complain each time of the delay, otherwise, Amazon will not correct this problem for you.

I'm living in Toronto WITHOUT prime membership and normally will receive on the next day once Amazon dispatch the package if the warehouse is in Toronto, 2-3 days if the warehouse is coming from BC.
CollegeGraduate wrote: I live in Toronto. Close to the Pacific Mall on Steels and Kennedy.
Last edited by lcmt on Nov 29th, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Chat with Amazon for each delay. Others people got compensation from each complain.
blazed16 wrote: I get this all the time. However its with purolator and there always a couple days late sometimes a week and amazon just says sorry we will mark this and ship with different company but of course its always purolator.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: I get this all the time. However its with purolator and there always a couple days late sometimes a week and amazon just says sorry we will mark this and ship with different company but of course its always purolator.
lcmt wrote: Then you need to talk to Amazon about this. If only CP has this problem, then they may change other carrier for you. Amazon probably will compensate you by credit and/or extending the prime membership. If you pay for the 1 day shipping, Amazon will refund you the money. You should complain each time of the delay, otherwise, Amazon will not correct this problem for you.

I'm living in Toronto WITHOUT prime membership and normally will receive on the next day once Amazon dispatch the package if the warehouse is in Toronto, 2-3 days if the warehouse is coming from BC.
"they may change other carrier for you" :lol:
I have seen liar reps say they will contact Canada Post and get the package delivered fast.
The only things they are useful for: small refunds, prime extension or free faster shipping on a new order because of a delay on a previous order, and lying.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Once the package hand to CP, it is kind of out of control from Amazon. Even Amazon actually does the complain, there is no guarantee CP will make the changes. The only thing we can do as a customer to let Amazon realize the problem. The compensation to customer is actually the cost for Amazon, the more you complain, Amazon management will eventually push harder to CP.

Amazon is getting too big and I believe the coordination and communication between different teams are getting poor. The employee maybe getting poorly paid and they don't care the real problem from customers.
hvwozq wrote: "they may change other carrier for you" :lol:
I have seen liar reps say they will contact Canada Post and get the package delivered fast.
The only things they are useful for: small refunds, prime extension or free faster shipping on a new order because of a delay on a previous order, and lying.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
You almost wonder if they sold their Canadian business to China. Their deal pages are littered with oil diffusers, cellphone chargers / battery extenders / cases, ear buds, and cheap watches. Of course, you can find some amazing savings on there like a box of granola bars, original retail price $300, but it's on sale for $12. Don't get me started on 3rd party sellers, their scams, or how if you try to do away with their listings and tick "Prime Eligible" then you realize Amazon doesn't actually sell all that much anymore.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
You need to talk to Amazon.

For me, as a Prime member, when Amazon misses a delivery date, I complain. I've had the following given to me to compensate: $5 credit, one full month of Prime free, expedited shipping of the product (I've had them ship me a double of whatever I ordered, free - in one of these cases, I received the original as well, and they didn't want it back).

Long story short, Amazon has great customer service, as long as you're respectful. I've seen some posters here have trouble with them, typically because they're rude to begin with.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
squadz wrote: You need to talk to Amazon.

For me, as a Prime member, when Amazon misses a delivery date, I complain. I've had the following given to me to compensate: $5 credit, one full month of Prime free, expedited shipping of the product (I've had them ship me a double of whatever I ordered, free - in one of these cases, I received the original as well, and they didn't want it back).

Long story short, Amazon has great customer service, as long as you're respectful. I've seen some posters here have trouble with them, typically because they're rude to begin with.
Well, i have an order that is around $1k and it is sitting in Canada Post's facility in Mississauga for over a week now. I don't think Amazon will ship the same item out for me and never ask for anything back.

Yeah, I have liar reps told me that they will assure me this and that but never delivers.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
RiCHC3 wrote: You almost wonder if they sold their Canadian business to China. Their deal pages are littered with oil diffusers, cellphone chargers / battery extenders / cases, ear buds, and cheap watches. Of course, you can find some amazing savings on there like a box of granola bars, original retail price $300, but it's on sale for $12. Don't get me started on 3rd party sellers, their scams, or how if you try to do away with their listings and tick "Prime Eligible" then you realize Amazon doesn't actually sell all that much anymore.
haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Amazon's website has been taken over by the 3rd party sellers. I'm having a harder and harder time filtering out their merchandise from all the 3rd party stuff :( It's getting messy.

edit: In regards to the the OP. What is everyone seeing on the tracking? I've never used prime but I've seen huge delays on regular shipping between when I place the order, when the tracking starts with CP, and when CP actually recieves the item. Sometimes it can be days between the generation of the tracking # and when CP receives the package.. it's kind of wierd. I can order stuff from bestbuy.ca and it's here in a day or two. Amazon's shipping is completely inconsistent (albeit my experience is with the free shipping).
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
CollegeGraduate wrote: Well, i have an order that is around $1k and it is sitting in Canada Post's facility in Mississauga for over a week now. I don't think Amazon will ship the same item out for me and never ask for anything back.

Yeah, I have liar reps told me that they will assure me this and that but never delivers.
Maybe you should contact them?

You're complaining on a forum that has no way of helping you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
squadz wrote:
Even if they are 1 day late? My package was supposed to come yesterday but it came today. Should I say something?
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Wiseman wrote: Even if they are 1 day late? My package was supposed to come yesterday but it came today. Should I say something?
Yup. In all of my cases, I've contacted them the day after it was supposed to be delivered.

Those are the various compensations I received.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
squadz wrote: Long story short, Amazon has great customer service, as long as you're respectful. I've seen some posters here have trouble with them, typically because they're rude to begin with.
They have great customer service on one time straight forward situations - ie. vendor scams, product was never delivered...

However, they have a terrible process of fixing the root causes of those situations! - they continue to allow 'questionable' vendors in and do nothing about improving delivery issues other than 'refunding delivery charges or giving out a $5 credit'.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
Can I ask for my money back? I have already gotten a replacement from a local computer store.
I don't know when Canada Post will continue to deliver the item; therefore, Amazon will need to deal with CP (not me).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
squadz wrote: Yup. In all of my cases, I've contacted them the day after it was supposed to be delivered.

Those are the various compensations I received.
I have prime and ordered the item sunday night (around 10pm). Am I supposed to have gauranteed delivery for Tuesday?
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
CollegeGraduate wrote: Can I ask for my money back? I have already gotten a replacement from a local computer store.
I don't know when Canada Post will continue to deliver the item; therefore, Amazon will need to deal with CP (not me).
OP - as has been stated multiple times now, contact Amazon.

We do not work for Amazon. We do not know anymore than you do, besides our own experience.

They don't bite - you can open a chat and talk to a live person about what they will do for you. I would also ensure you're a bit more respectful when you talk to them, that goes a long way to getting what you want.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
I had Amazon prime but I rarely get my order ship in 2 day, usually the orders take 3-4 days to arrive, so I didn't renew the prime membership.
Shipping takes a week is awful, OP you can ask for compensation for sure, it doesn't hurt by making a call to the customer service.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)