Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] Amazon Prime now giving 20% off Video Game Preorders.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 4:32 am
Apr 12, 2015
649 posts
646 upvotes
Alberta
Received BF1 for ps4 today was shipped by UPS.
Oct 6, 2010
427 posts
238 upvotes
London
Battlefield still hasn't shipped, if it's late that will be the 3rd game in a row for me from Amazon that's late. I have probably 30 game orders so I'm gonna tell them I'll start cancelling if they keep being late.

My Gears 4 should arrive tomorrow though, only 10 days late!!
Dec 19, 2012
296 posts
139 upvotes
Is the 20% just games or will it be for the new Nintendo?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2846 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
Battlefield 1 Arriving 28 Oct - 3 Nov ...
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1385 posts
596 upvotes
EDMONTON
My BF1 as well hasn't shipped yet. I was really looking forward to playing this weekend as it's my only weekend off in over a month so buck up amazon. I ordered a blu ray on wednesday and it just shipped a few hours ago and is on time for tomorrow delivery but not sure how BF1 will get here on time.

Then again, when amazon uses its own courier company they have processed, shipped, and delivered packages from ontario to edmonton in less than 24 hours which shocked me.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7598 posts
2221 upvotes
I have Amazon Prime. I pre-ordered Dragon Quest Builders and just got it two days ago.
Battlefield One has not shipped yet. Amazon was late with a couple of my PS VR pre-orders as well.

Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 was the only one that arrived on time out of recent releases.
Usually they are a day or two late. Sometimes up to a week or more.

For movies, or other items they seem to be a lot faster or better with shipping on time.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Oct 20th, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 7, 2013
302 posts
199 upvotes
GATINEAU
I got my BF1 today as well through Canada Post. Played through the first mission, I like what they do, it's different.... Gonna blow through the campaign and flip it on kijiji... Between Rocket League and Overwatch, I've got my fill of multiplayer gaming.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1620 posts
827 upvotes
Toronto
no game with prime again. gonna cancel amazon order and buy from cdkeys.
Sep 2, 2008
371 posts
29 upvotes
Halifax
FFS....Well my shipping was showing BF1 would arrive tomorrow.... but the shipping was still pending today... and now it says arriving Monday.... because I didn't plan on playing it at all this weekend.... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes :facepalm: :facepalm:
Dec 8, 2012
304 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
bf 1 has been shipped finally! arriving tmrw!
Oct 24, 2005
426 posts
64 upvotes
I ordered two copies within minutes of each other yesterday morning. One shipped the other still pending till the 24th...sux
Nov 26, 2013
562 posts
374 upvotes
Winnipeg
What's causing so many of you who live near a shipping centre to receive these so late? I live in Winnipeg and when I pre-order anything I always receive it either the day of, or the day before release... Never after, not even once.
Oct 6, 2010
427 posts
238 upvotes
London
ReaperEXE wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 11:42 pm
What's causing so many of you who live near a shipping centre to receive these so late? I live in Winnipeg and when I pre-order anything I always receive it either the day of, or the day before release... Never after, not even once.
I used to never get games late but the last month or two I've had several issues. No idea if it's Amazon or Canada Post but someone is dropping the ball. Last time I chatted with customer service they assured me it would "never happen again" but unlikely some guy in India really knows. So there's no real way to know what's causing it, just complain when it happens ...
Dec 28, 2006
951 posts
268 upvotes
My CIv VI shipped tonight and should be here tomorrow, so that seems to be on time.
Aug 13, 2009
117 posts
11 upvotes
Here is my amazon preorder story still waiting on my gears 4 that I ordered over a year ago and it was first shipping on the 12th then the 14th then the 19th. Today it said shipping today but it didnt but they did bill my credit card twice for it. I hope i get my battlefield 1 preorder before xmas. What a joke and i have too call tomorrow about the double charge.