Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] Amazon Prime now giving 20% off Video Game Preorders.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 4:32 am
Nov 30, 2005
815 posts
157 upvotes
Leduc
camby wrote:
Oct 21st, 2016 12:17 am
Here is my amazon preorder story still waiting on my gears 4 that I ordered over a year ago and it was first shipping on the 12th then the 14th then the 19th. Today it said shipping today but it didnt but they did bill my credit card twice for it. I hope i get my battlefield 1 preorder before xmas. What a joke and i have too call tomorrow about the double charge.
my copy of gears still hasn't shipped. order processing for battlefield hasn't begun. good stuff amazon!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
4512 posts
507 upvotes
So looks like one of my BF1 orders will be making it to its destination today. Unfortunately that's my buddy's copy and he's away all weekend! So his copy sits in his mail box for the weekend while I have to wait until week!

First world problems fo sho.
Dec 26, 2010
862 posts
530 upvotes
anyone get COD beta code for Xbox? Got PS4 ones last Thursday but XBox ones are still to be seen.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1289 posts
342 upvotes
Calgary
So my Xbox 1 preorder of BF1 shipped, should be getting it later today.

My PC preorder of BF1 apparently didn't ship although I got a code...anyone know if there were preorder bonuses with it? Ordered the standard edition.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1876 posts
161 upvotes
blind56 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2016 2:45 pm

My PC preorder of BF1 apparently didn't ship although I got a code...anyone know if there were preorder bonuses with it? Ordered the standard edition.
Was your code emailed to you? I havent heard anything from amazon about my key yet.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1289 posts
342 upvotes
Calgary
MacBuster wrote:
Oct 21st, 2016 3:53 pm
blind56 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2016 2:45 pm

Was your code emailed to you? I havent heard anything from amazon about my key yet.
Turns out the code that was emailed to me was actually for the Xbox version, probably preorder bonuses. Did live chat with Amazon for the PC version and was told that they didn't know when I would be getting my copy, and credited me $5 for my troubles.
Aug 23, 2013
981 posts
255 upvotes
Scarborough
My BF1 got delivered right on time today.

I received a code in the email which I think is for Trial?

Will find out soon enough

Edit: It was promo code for Hellfighter Pack.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7047 posts
1904 upvotes
I actually received Battlefield One on release day. Overall about 2 for 7 in the past two months.
Nov 13, 2011
97 posts
53 upvotes
I canceled my PC order for Battlefield 1 today. Last night it said it will arrive before 8pm today, then this morning it changed to "we need more time to determine delivery date". I inquired to customer service, they said it was out of stock and estimated December as the next time they'd have "stock" of the PC version. I highly suspect the service rep was out to lunch, but regardless. Release date is release date, and GreenManGaming is offering it for slightly cheaper, so I canceled my Amazon order and bought it on GMG.

I've been an Amazon fanboy for a few years now, this is the first time they've ever let me down. It's a pity, especially since they just started offering pre-order bonuses in Canada. I provided them with the appropriate feedback on the matter. I still will continue ordering from Amazon, but they certainly burnt their video game bridge for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1289 posts
342 upvotes
Calgary
Thought I would update. Cancelled my Amazon preorder, it's insanely stupid how they can't get keys for a preorder. Went and bought it from GMG instead, and got the upgrade package from Origin, still came out ahead on the listed price of $100 for the deluxe edition. I'll get Premium when GMG has a sale on it.
Aug 23, 2013
981 posts
255 upvotes
Scarborough
ratatapa wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 10:51 am
woooo

Nice, for some reason they weren't able to add it onto my order but will refund the difference upon order being shipped...
Sep 5, 2011
602 posts
126 upvotes
Charlottetown
Well I never really was a pr-order-er, but now that I have prime almost feels like I have to. New tomb raider, it is!
Sep 18, 2013
41 posts
10 upvotes
hey does any1 know if i can make two separate pre-orders? i wanna buy pokemon sun, but i wanna help my friend get moon with the discount and have it shipped to his place directly instead of it having it shipped to me and then we have to figure a time to meetup
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1658 posts
572 upvotes
Quebec
dralcon wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2016 12:02 am
hey does any1 know if i can make two separate pre-orders? i wanna buy pokemon sun, but i wanna help my friend get moon with the discount and have it shipped to his place directly instead of it having it shipped to me and then we have to figure a time to meetup
Just add your friends address and cc in your account and when you make the order just change the shipping address manually

I do that with my dad