Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] Amazon Prime now giving 20% off Video Game Preorders.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 4:32 am
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2005
2088 posts
92 upvotes
So is the discount shown automatically when you pre-order? Reading comments, it sounds rather hit or miss?

Also, does this apply to special editions?
Aug 8, 2009
150 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
The 20% prime discount does apply to collector's and special editions. Usually it'll show in small text next to the prime logo 'your price is $XX.XX'. It'll also show the savings as a deduction off the game total on the final page of checkout before you confirm your purchase. So you can also check there.
Dec 16, 2010
512 posts
103 upvotes
Am I the last guy waiting for Gears of War to ship from my E3 Pre-order?
Aug 23, 2013
981 posts
255 upvotes
Scarborough
Whoa, my pre-order for Dragon Ball is getting delayed to November 1st when it releases tomorrow...........................Smiling Face With Horns
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
986 upvotes
Vaughan
Bleachway wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 6:04 am
Whoa, my pre-order for Dragon Ball is getting delayed to November 1st when it releases tomorrow...........................Smiling Face With Horns
My preorder for World of Final Fantasy Limited Edition is getting delayed as well, it releases tomorrow.

Talked to Amazon, they extended my Prime membership by a month for free, and gave me $10 off the already discounted order (I'm getting the game for PS4 all-in for $40)

I'm happy with that resolution. I didn't need to play it day 1 anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1473 posts
208 upvotes
Halifax
Amazon created a shipping label a day before release but have yet to send out my Battlefield 1 order. I contacted them and they said it was stuck in transit and decided to ship another order free of charge that's expected by tomorrow, we shall see if it shows up. Gave my account a $5 voucher which can be used when ordering something else next.
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2017 :twisted:
Aug 8, 2009
150 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
FieroAlex wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2016 4:12 pm
Nope. When I spoke to CS last week they said I'd have it by the 20th. It still hasn't shipped. My order now shows it'll arrive this Friday. I'm not holding my breath.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1040 posts
64 upvotes
Magog
squadz wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 9:06 am
Bleachway wrote:
My preorder for World of Final Fantasy Limited Edition is getting delayed as well, it releases tomorrow.

Talked to Amazon, they extended my Prime membership by a month for free, and gave me $10 off the already discounted order (I'm getting the game for PS4 all-in for $40)

While me on the other hand, got my game today O.O Amazon is so inconsistent >.<
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
986 upvotes
Vaughan
Cryptopsy wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 2:16 pm
squadz wrote:
Bleachway wrote:

Regular or Limited?

I was told it's out of stock, but I have the limited edition one. So I'm curious.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1040 posts
64 upvotes
Magog
squadz wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 2:19 pm
Cryptopsy wrote:
squadz wrote:

Regular or Limited?

I was told it's out of stock, but I have the limited edition one. So I'm curious.
Limited, pre-ordered in march this year.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
986 upvotes
Vaughan
Cryptopsy wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 2:29 pm
squadz wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 2:19 pm
Cryptopsy wrote:

Regular or Limited?

Limited, pre-ordered in march this year.
Ah, you preordered before me. I did it during E3.

Enjoy!
Dec 16, 2010
512 posts
103 upvotes
cswloo wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 11:40 am
FieroAlex wrote:
Nope. When I spoke to CS last week they said I'd have it by the 20th. It still hasn't shipped. My order now shows it'll arrive this Friday. I'm not holding my breath.
Well I just spoke to CS and I'm fuming.

It seems my game was scheduled to be shipped to me in January. The system had it shipping out mid January! I cannot believe it!
She tried to push it trough but the system wouldn't let her to do it.
She cancelled my order without asking and gave me a $15 credit however I ordered at 49.99 - 20% ... 79.99 - 15$ isn't much of a deal.
I've emailed her back to see if she can fix it again.

Also, in her email response she stated that he problem was that I picked free shipping. If I would of picked 1 day shipping I would not have had any issues with delivery.
WTH

+++Edit+++

The situation seems to have been resolved. The second rep made me re-order and adjusted the price to the promo price I had pre ordered so I don't get additional rebates but I still get my 39.99$ pre-order price.

Now, who knows when this one will shipp as it is still with free shipping.

According to both reps a 2 to 3 week delay for free shipping is uncommon but normal.. Sigh
Nov 30, 2005
815 posts
157 upvotes
Leduc
FieroAlex wrote:
Nope mine hasn't shipped either but it says on time with an estimate of the 27th for arrival. I know damn well it wont make it and I plan to rip customer service a new hole once its past date. Already complained 3 times and theyre useless, I don't even want the game anymore.

Funny thing is battlefield 1 was ready to ship on Monday and hasn't either. Says its supposed to arrive on Friday. Ill believe it when I see it.
Dec 16, 2010
512 posts
103 upvotes
microwave wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:07 am
FieroAlex wrote:
Nope mine hasn't shipped either but it says on time with an estimate of the 27th for arrival. I know damn well it wont make it and I plan to rip customer service a new hole once its past date. Already complained 3 times and theyre useless, I don't even want the game anymore.

Funny thing is battlefield 1 was ready to ship on Monday and hasn't either. Says its supposed to arrive on Friday. Ill believe it when I see it.
After the big ordeal yesterday and having to cancel my pre-order from 2015, placing a new order and having them adjust the price it seems I have to restart the waiting process before it ships. Today the estimated arrival date is November 1st for Gears 4.. what a joke!
Nov 30, 2005
815 posts
157 upvotes
Leduc
FieroAlex wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 12:40 pm
microwave wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:07 am
FieroAlex wrote:

After the big ordeal yesterday and having to cancel my pre-order from 2015, placing a new order and having them adjust the price it seems I have to restart the waiting process before it ships. Today the estimated arrival date is November 1st for Gears 4.. what a joke!
amazon says battlefield 1 is shipping for me today.... and wouldn't you know it gears shows that now too. Im willing to bet they held it back to ship them together. Itll be interesting to see if both games arrive in the same box. Still going to complain as it will arrive later than the shipping window and almost 3 weeks after release. Unacceptable.