Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] Amazon Prime now giving 20% off Video Game Preorders.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 4:32 am
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3241 posts
1346 upvotes
Vancouver
Hey guys, I got an email saying I have a benefit code for additional content for GoW4 and BF1, where do I redeem the code? Xbox store?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2027 posts
538 upvotes
MTL
Testing Prime because of the 20% discount (since they allow 20% off on collector's editions, and 20% of the three that I already have queued up comes up to 75$ already, sooo....).

Based on what I've seen so far, the main difference I'm seeing is no more lengthy delays on shipping. Also had no trouble dealing with a CSR recently. Maybe it pays to be Prime. *shrug*.

Seems to be in line with this reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuesti ... ments_for/
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuesti ... r/crhpt9f/

From the looks of it, orders from Prime members are assigned to staff and expedited. But there's probably still a chance you can come up short if your order is assigned to a guy who can't find your stuff in the warehouse (sorta like getting a bad taxi driver in a certain TV show...), there isn't enough to go around even for Prime members, or the shipment got delayed.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2325 posts
490 upvotes
London
Interesting, it seems the prime discount applies not just to Pre-Order games but after they are released as well?

Was able to get World of Final Fantasy for 20% off today, after it had been released. So basically amazon prime = never have to pay MSRP??

That's pretty nice IMO
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1040 posts
64 upvotes
Magog
brucedlx wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 11:13 pm
Interesting, it seems the prime discount applies not just to Pre-Order games but after they are released as well?

Was able to get World of Final Fantasy for 20% off today, after it had been released. So basically amazon prime = never have to pay MSRP??

That's pretty nice IMO
I think the 20% is good up to 2 week after the game release.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1473 posts
208 upvotes
Halifax
My pre-order of Eagle Flight is being shipped today but my Robinson pre-order says 16-18 Nov. I guess I could cancel it if reviews are bad.
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2017 :twisted:
Jul 28, 2010
870 posts
429 upvotes
Cryptopsy wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 11:59 pm
I think the 20% is good up to 2 week after the game release.
This is greatest thing about the discount. I'll wait two weeks to hear how the post-game content for Pokemon Sun & Moon is before deciding to buy or not. After awful the post-game in XY (ORAS was ok), I'm a bit hesitant in jumping on Pokemon games day 1.
Nov 15, 2016
1 posts
Has anyone preordered Pokemon sun or moon and had it ship yet? Supposed to recieve it on Friday but still no shipping confirmation.
Oct 6, 2012
4 posts
Just took advantage of this deal and had a bit of an odd thing happen. I was charged a $5 environmental fee (the kind you get when you buy electronics). Now I've done some quick googling and I can't find anywhere that says video games are subject to these fees (being mostly recyclable plastic and not requiring special care like electronics) I sent them an e-mail and they replied with a form response about recycling electronics but said if I contact them once the game comes out and I'm charge, they'll refund the fee. They never said this is a glitch on their end with video games just getting lumped in under electronics and thus getting the fee so it feels a bit scammy, we'll add a random $5 charge to your order and if you don't say anything, we'll keep it.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1189 posts
253 upvotes
Seems better to not buy games at release. Play your backlog and when the games finally get discounted 1 month later get it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1473 posts
208 upvotes
Halifax
My order for the Last Guardian ($50) shipped with recently upgraded free express shipping when I complained it arriving 10 days later.

Update: It showed up 9 days later even with priority shipping, thanks Canada Post!
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2017 :twisted:
Mar 28, 2008
230 posts
91 upvotes
I did a quick check to see if this deal was posted already but I didnt find anything...

20% discount for Prime subscribers on select Nintendo Switch games on both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com

This includes pre-orders too like Mario Kart & Splatoon