Shopping Discussion

Amazon Prime order in Toronto with Two day shipping.. will it be a courier or Canada Post?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2019 8:10 am
[OP]
Feb 17, 2019
27 posts
7 upvotes

Amazon Prime order in Toronto with Two day shipping.. will it be a courier or Canada Post?

Hello,

I am making a purchase on Amazon with Prime and it is offering me two day shipping. I find with one day, I get the courier. With two day, it is usually Canada Post. My problem is that Canada Post won't leave it at my door as I know I won't be home for the delivery. A courier will. Does anyone have any experience in predicting or choosing shipping options that have a preference for a courier over Canada Post?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6200 posts
2559 upvotes
Alberta
The package could be shipped by any carrier. The majority of mine come via Canada Post. Checking the Tracking Number on the order will tell you who its shipping by.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12682 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I recently purchased a Fire HD10 and it came with free 2-day shipping and it was delivered by Canada Post. I find the majority of same-day or one-day shipments will be delivered by courier service (either Purolator or Amazon's own delivery service), while two-day or slower shipments are by Canada Post.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25206 posts
10624 upvotes
I'd be surprise if it wasn't Amazon delivering it.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18794 posts
3425 upvotes
GTA West
Georgios21 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 9:28 pm
Hello,

I am making a purchase on Amazon with Prime and it is offering me two day shipping. I find with one day, I get the courier. With two day, it is usually Canada Post. My problem is that Canada Post won't leave it at my door as I know I won't be home for the delivery. A courier will. Does anyone have any experience in predicting or choosing shipping options that have a preference for a courier over Canada Post?
Why don't you just choose a local Canada Post pickup point at SDM, etc?
It's guaranteed to be Canada Post and it will be indoors in a safe location. I just picked up another Amazon shipment at SDM today and I find it's an excellent alternative.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29562 posts
15408 upvotes
Ottawa
I made a purchase yesterday afternoon and it's arriving today via CP, shipped and delivered within Ottawa.