Shopping Discussion

Amazon Prime Shipping Questions

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2019 11:53 pm
Dec 17, 2017
102 posts
158 upvotes

Amazon Prime Shipping Questions

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between these 2 shipping options. When I checkout I have the option to select either. I am a Amazon Prime member.

- FREE Prime Delivery (averages 2-4 business days)

- FREE Prime Delivery — get it Wednesday, Jan. 8
3 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Easy, you order today, you get it either Friday, Monday, or Tuesday.

OR

You get it for sure on Wednesday

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
theperfectpic20 wrote: Can someone explain to me what the difference is between these 2 shipping options. When I checkout I have the option to select either. I am a Amazon Prime member.

- FREE Prime Delivery (averages 2-4 business days)

- FREE Prime Delivery — get it Wednesday, Jan. 8
It just lets you know expected delivery time. You can get it ASAP or get it at a specific date. Note specific dates arent always accurate/delivery exactly on that date, it could come after that date too (mostly due to delivery being delayed for whatever reason).
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
If you pick the specific date it can still show up earlier than that. I just had an order show up 3 days earlier than the date. Delivery was by Amazon, btw.

I think what is happening is they are giving you a chance to pick your shipper (without knowing which shipper provides which level of service). I think the specific date option is Amazon delivery. They have integrated shipping information so they can provide a guaranteed delivery date. With an external shipper like Canada Post or Intelcom they can only show the delivery standard, so you get a date range.

I find it more convenient to know the delivery date in advance but Amazon delivery is awful - they have flung stuff on the lawn. Don't get sucked in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)