• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2017 10:55 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton

Amazon Prime Trial

How often can you sign up for a trial membership?
21 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
froesesp wrote: Every 30 days or so.
Every 30 days?
Doesn't one account only gets 1 free trial per year?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1230 posts
582 upvotes
Vancouver
and you register unlimited email + account lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
It seems Amazon is not getting enough long term Prime members in Canada; otherwise, this loophole would have been fixed for a long time.
froesesp wrote: Use a different email address, I've done it many times.
Dec 19, 2009
265 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
They seemed to have changed the policy in trial cancellation. Before if you cancelled it didn't renew after the trial ended, now the cancellation takes effective immediately. As well if you try to cancel Amazon offers an additional 30 days of trial. So you can get upto 60 days trial period.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
aznlgcy wrote: They seemed to have changed the policy in trial cancellation. Before if you cancelled it didn't renew after the trial ended, now the cancellation takes effective immediately. As well if you try to cancel Amazon offers an additional 30 days of trial. So you can get upto 60 days trial period.
Hmm so join up, cancel after like 25 days, and then get another 30 days free? :)
Dec 19, 2009
265 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
ES_Revenge wrote: Hmm so join up, cancel after like 25 days, and then get another 30 days free? :)
That's what I just did a few days ago. A couple of my friends got the same offer as well.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
Regardless of how many different accounts you create with different email addresses, can they identify the credit card you used?

1 credit card = 1 free trial ?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1825 posts
625 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Regardless of how many different accounts you create with different email addresses, can they identify the credit card you used?

Absolutely they could and apparently have taken action against people abusing Twitch promotions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthesto ... iple_free/

I personally used to have a few accounts using the same credit card and never had any issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
Ive been a member through prime for 2 years now and frankly speaking living in an apartment has caused me more issues than I would ever imagine. Living in Toronto and being a prime member is an excellent combination because I get 2 day shipping, 1 day shipping and even same day shipping but the issue starts when Amazon starts using their Dynamex couriers. Countless times they just leave expensive items on the apartment hallway and mark it as delivered. Thankfully I've never had anything stolen but this type of thing drives me nuts. To make things worse the time they decide to use Canada Post the courier never bothers to knock on my door to see if I'm home, doesn't buzz me from the lobby and doesn't even leave a note. I depend on the amazon email telling me there was a delivery attempt and need to wait the following business day to pick it up at my post office.

With that being said I might as well pocket the yearly fee and have it delivered straight to the post office and not have to worry about anything. My 2 day shipping turns into 3 or 4 days so not being a member I would still get it around the same time.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2319 posts
1192 upvotes
BC
minimalist wrote: Regardless of how many different accounts you create with different email addresses, can they identify the credit card you used?

No, you can use the same cc without issue.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
OrangeBerry wrote: Ive been a member through prime for 2 years now and frankly speaking living in an apartment has caused me more issues than I would ever imagine. Living in Toronto and being a prime member is an excellent combination because I get 2 day shipping, 1 day shipping and even same day shipping but the issue starts when Amazon starts using their Dynamex couriers. Countless times they just leave expensive items on the apartment hallway and mark it as delivered. Thankfully I've never had anything stolen but this type of thing drives me nuts. To make things worse the time they decide to use Canada Post the courier never bothers to knock on my door to see if I'm home, doesn't buzz me from the lobby and doesn't even leave a note. I depend on the amazon email telling me there was a delivery attempt and need to wait the following business day to pick it up at my post office.

With that being said I might as well pocket the yearly fee and have it delivered straight to the post office and not have to worry about anything. My 2 day shipping turns into 3 or 4 days so not being a member I would still get it around the same time.
I've experienced the same and came up with the same Canada Post pick up option as you.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: Ive been a member through prime for 2 years now and frankly speaking living in an apartment has caused me more issues than I would ever imagine. Living in Toronto and being a prime member is an excellent combination because I get 2 day shipping, 1 day shipping and even same day shipping but the issue starts when Amazon starts using their Dynamex couriers. Countless times they just leave expensive items on the apartment hallway and mark it as delivered. Thankfully I've never had anything stolen but this type of thing drives me nuts. To make things worse the time they decide to use Canada Post the courier never bothers to knock on my door to see if I'm home, doesn't buzz me from the lobby and doesn't even leave a note. I depend on the amazon email telling me there was a delivery attempt and need to wait the following business day to pick it up at my post office.

I guess the lower price offsets going to the store. You put a bean on the cons side of the scale of Justice
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1831 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto, ON
froesesp wrote: Use a different email address, I've done it many times.
Crest 12 accounts with different email addresses, then you can have free trial all year ...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
A question for prime members, is the Amazon Video Library any good ?? I know I will get all the Amazon programs but what else ??

I know I should sign up for the trial and see for myself but don't want to waste my first trial just yet. Any feedback is appreciated.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)