May 28, 2012
271 posts
315 upvotes
Montreal

Amazon prime video now available in Canada

If you are already amazon prime, it's included in your subscription

Can't wait to watch the man in the high castle season 2 Friday
Another great show from them is mad dogs

Btw nothing like Netflix all the Prime Original content plus about 60 some movies. All older stuff like American Pie and The Mummy. Guess that's all we get as Canadians, heh.

But if you already have prime, it's a bit more for your bucket.
Last edited by marcelomanzo01 on Dec 14th, 2016 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
1121 replies
Nov 28, 2013
606 posts
218 upvotes
Quebec
Anyone know if there's an app for that on the Samsung ks8000?
Nov 25, 2006
322 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Good news, thanks OP!

Strange I didn't get any heads up from Amazon considering I'm a Prime member.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1376 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
hmm, makes me want to keep my prime membership after the 30 day trial periods ends.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7796 posts
688 upvotes
Let's wait and see what content it's providing before trying it out.
Jul 23, 2010
347 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Signing up is tempting because of this and their free bear...
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14430 posts
17920 upvotes
ONTARIO
If you use a smart DNS to make it look like you're in the US, you will get a much better movie/tv show selection. Doesn't matter that your Prime is through Amazon.ca

I logged in to PrimeVideo.com through my browser on my PC and I get all the Prime Original content plus about 60 some movies. All older stuff like American Pie and The Mummy. Guess that's all we get as Canadians, heh.

However on my Nvidia Shield i have a Smart DNS service set up so that it looks like I am in the US/UK (depending on the service). So when I sign into the Amazon Video app, I get access to the Amazon Original content plus a much better movie/tv show selection.

Edit: NVM, thought it stopped working, but it was an issue on my end. This still works fine ^^^
Last edited by BobSagget on Dec 14th, 2016 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 6, 2010
200 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
I don't recommend trying it right now. I have prime, and from what I see it has Amazon Original Series and old movies/tv shows (like the ones you see in shomi).
Nov 28, 2013
61 posts
65 upvotes
Free 30-day Amazon Prime trial via Amazon's video streaming service, PrimeVideo. TRIAL WILL WORK EVEN IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED AN AMAZON PRIME TRIAL OFFER.

CDN $79/year after free trial. Cancel anytime. *Quebec residents receive an initial 13-month membership for CDN $79, instead of a free trial. Website and apps in English only. French subtitles or dubbing available for many titles.

Click the link below to learn how to cancel renewal of your Prime account, so you will not be billed. You will still be able to use your Prime membership for the duration of the trial:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... =201514690

Perfect for Holiday shopping.
Last edited by LiftedMind on Dec 14th, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1733 posts
271 upvotes
Somewhere Out There
Weird.. my free trial ended on dec 12
Signed up for this for another free trial
Went to amazon.ca to cancel my free trial to avoid getting charge at the end of the free trial
Its still showing that my free trial ended
BUT
I can still get the free 2 day even for $5 item
Amazon basics 20% discount
I hope its a glitch and that will give me permanent membership lol
May 14, 2008
520 posts
89 upvotes
Montréal
ratatapa wrote:
Dec 14th, 2016 6:13 am
Anyone know if there's an app for that on the Samsung ks8000?
I have a samsung JU7100 and i just dowloaded the apps
Nov 28, 2010
979 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully the selection will grow. I do have Getflix DNS service lifetime subscfiption though, so will give it a try. Regardless, I have Prime because I shop there a lot and I feel it is worth it. Their unlimited photo storage sucks though. It lacks sync capabilities, which is a deal breaker to me. Who whants to reupload every time photos added? I hope they will fix it eventually. Meantime I stick with iCloud and Google backup.
May 12, 2014
847 posts
335 upvotes
Montreal
I signed up for Prime a couple of days ago just to get the teddy bear free, and was planning on cancelling due to low value. But between diaper discounts and video now, I think there's just enough value to keep it (I don't care about fast shipping most of the time).

Thanked!