Amazon prime video now available in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 11:14 am
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1318 posts
262 upvotes
Ottawa
I cancelled my Amazon Prime but now I regret. If Amazon prime can access both USA and Canada Amazon Instant Video, it's hot.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Jan 22, 2017
48 posts
2 upvotes
settings in xbox??
Canadianpsycho wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 8:42 am
Go to settings, change region to US. Go to Store, download Prime App. Switch region back to Canada. App will be available but it will list all the US content so you'll need to know what will work in Canada unless you're using a DNS or other workaround. Been watching Man in High Castle season 2 over the last week or so on my XB1.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2609 posts
653 upvotes
kanata2004 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 7:35 pm
I cancelled my Amazon Prime but now I regret. If Amazon prime can access both USA and Canada Amazon Instant Video, it's hot.
i think you need a US Amazon Prime account to access USA content. However, the USA prime account doesn't give you the prime benefits on Amazon.ca
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4190 posts
1146 upvotes
coolman78 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:29 pm
Does anyone know how much content is on Amazon Video Canada? Is it even worth getting?

Thanks
Why not just go look at the site, see the list of content and determine if there are shows you want to watch?
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Mar 4, 2008
271 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Still can't get US content on my 2017 shield tv. Had us prime and Canadian prime... logging into the app gave me US content... cancelled US prime once video hit Canada and all I'm seeing now is Canada content.

I'm using Getflix on the shield... know it works as I get US Netflix and Hulu.

I went into the prime settings on my US account and changed the account to US... I also turned off my shields location and reset the cache for the amazon app.

Anything else I could try?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2006
1229 posts
75 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 8:57 am
i think you need a US Amazon Prime account to access USA content. However, the USA prime account doesn't give you the prime benefits on Amazon.ca
Nope I have Canadian Amazon Prime Video.
Switched my XB1 to US, downloaded Amazon Prime, switched XB1 to Canada, entered DNS settings for US, started the Amazon Prime app, entered my credentials and voila!
Feeback: RFD - Heatware - Ebay.ca

Blu-Ray Collection: Click Here
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1249 posts
107 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Smart DNS sent me a promo one day after my free trial expired, so I took the offer $24.90 for two years.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2609 posts
653 upvotes
rsarwar wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 9:00 pm
Nope I have Canadian Amazon Prime Video.
Switched my XB1 to US, downloaded Amazon Prime, switched XB1 to Canada, entered DNS settings for US, started the Amazon Prime app, entered my credentials and voila!
I had a Canadian prime account but didn't see any is content

I created a new us prime account and used that and saw us content.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4542 posts
484 upvotes
I have Amazon Prime US and Canada and Roku Canada. Can I get Prime video some how without DNS change?
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14518 posts
18045 upvotes
ONTARIO
mech9t5 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 8:57 am
No, not at all. It doesn't matter what country you have Prime in. If you're physically in the US or tricking it to look like you're in the US (ie. VPN/DNS) then you'll see US content.
That's why you can even sign up for Prime trials at Amazon India or Amazon Germany or any numerous Amazon sites and access Canadian (or US with a VPN/DNS) content through Prime Video.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2609 posts
653 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 11:23 pm
No, not at all. It doesn't matter what country you have Prime in. If you're physically in the US or tricking it to look like you're in the US (ie. VPN/DNS) then you'll see US content.
That's why you can even sign up for Prime trials at Amazon India or Amazon Germany or any numerous Amazon sites and access Canadian (or US with a VPN/DNS) content through Prime Video.
That's weird because I signed up for the smartdnsproxy trial and my Canadian prime account only showed Canadian content. I signed up for a new prime account trial on Amazon.com in order to see us content.

Maybe its because I had us prime and Canadian prime under the same email but the us prime was no longer active.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2807 posts
659 upvotes
QC
Canadianpsycho wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 8:48 am
Just got an email stating my Amazon Video App needs to be updated on my XB1 - I hope this doesn't screw up the workaround.
I hope they added the option to get content in another language. French is available on their Android app but only english on the xbox.
Dec 27, 2009
481 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Canadianpsycho wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 8:48 am
Just got an email stating my Amazon Video App needs to be updated on my XB1 - I hope this doesn't screw up the workaround.
I saw that too. Was hoping it might signal that a Canadian app is available now. Can anyone confirm?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)