Entertainment

Amazon prime video now available in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2017 1:37 pm
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1201 posts
100 upvotes
Netflix didn't work since last night, and it was completely down today. Not sure how long it will take for Smart DNS to fix it?
Feb 1, 2013
217 posts
37 upvotes
ma678 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 7:01 pm
Netflix didn't work since last night, and it was completely down today. Not sure how long it will take for Smart DNS to fix it?
I was a little sceptical about their Netflix support, I suppose this will be a good test to see how quickly they can resolve the problem and wether they'll get fed up of the cat and mouse game like some of the other dns providers did.
Still I'm happy enough with the 79% off for 2 years subscription just for the vpn support, actually pretty good speeds compared to iron socket.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
1694 posts
227 upvotes
Nepean
bevanpfc wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 7:45 pm
I was a little sceptical about their Netflix support, I suppose this will be a good test to see how quickly they can resolve the problem and wether they'll get fed up of the cat and mouse game like some of the other dns providers did.
Still I'm happy enough with the 79% off for 2 years subscription just for the vpn support, actually pretty good speeds compared to iron socket.
Netflix support is back up. They had an update of the status on their Facebook page.
Wrocky
Jul 14, 2002
578 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga
Had the error 5505 issue on fire tvs been figured out by anyone for the latest software? I've been holding back on updating to the latest version as prime video worked with it still but now I'm starting to get errors on other apps which I can only assume is due to compatibility.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3773 posts
517 upvotes
Kingston
belowzeros wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 12:19 am
Man in the high castle might be a bad one to test with. I don't think Amazon owned properties are region locked at all.
What is a good show to test. I think I can get usa amazon video shows but not sure..
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1201 posts
100 upvotes
Netflix is down again. Got a proxy detect message after watching it 20 minutes this morning.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3773 posts
517 upvotes
Kingston
BobSagget wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 4:38 pm
It definitely is hit or miss depending on device.

On my Shield gen 1 (before the newest firmware update), you could sideload a version of Amazon Video that was meant for Sony Android TVs. It worked on the Shield and as long as you used a DNS, you could access all the US content. The only downside was that you were limited to 1080p.

However now that the Shield has it's own Amazon Video app, you can no longer access US content, even with a DNS it seems. Or at least I have not figured out a way yet.

Edit: So I reinstalled the Sony TV Amazon Video APK on my Shield (it installs alongside the Shield's version) and while it is limited to 1080p, it does let me see and access all the US-only shows.
This just proves that it's the app itself that is the issue.
Same here just tried searching for bosch on my shield with the new app and it does not appear.

On my MIbox I have amazon prime sideloaded (which only works with some amazon prime launcher app I installed as well) . I searched and bosch did show up. I don't have dns setup on the mibox so when I played it gave a location error. I'm sure it would probably work if it was set up tho.
Oct 5, 2009
640 posts
39 upvotes
Regina
BobSagget wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 4:38 pm
It definitely is hit or miss depending on device.

On my Shield gen 1 (before the newest firmware update), you could sideload a version of Amazon Video that was meant for Sony Android TVs. It worked on the Shield and as long as you used a DNS, you could access all the US content. The only downside was that you were limited to 1080p.

However now that the Shield has it's own Amazon Video app, you can no longer access US content, even with a DNS it seems. Or at least I have not figured out a way yet.

Edit: So I reinstalled the Sony TV Amazon Video APK on my Shield (it installs alongside the Shield's version) and while it is limited to 1080p, it does let me see and access all the US-only shows.
This just proves that it's the app itself that is the issue.
I know, its asking to link the new amazon app to amazon.com weblink and to enter in a code, etc.

May I ask you share the Sony TV Amazon apk again please - - thank you
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1219 posts
75 upvotes
I like how their exclusive content includes Crayon Shinchan ova's.
Nov 18, 2012
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
lukesterwpg wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 6:43 pm
just got the dreaded proxy error on netflix today using this. Oh well....was a good week.
I got the error as well. But i would just load the video again and it would play for where it left off. If you get the error just try reloading 1 or more times and it will work.