Entertainment

Amazon prime video now available in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2017 5:47 pm
Feb 26, 2017
2 posts
Hopefully available in HDR or Dolby vision. I haven't renewed my free trial of Amazon prime because of this. Just give us a couple series in UHD and I would gladly give them $80 for the yearly subscription.
Aug 21, 2016
38 posts
8 upvotes
mairj23 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 9:51 am
Hopefully available in HDR or Dolby vision. I haven't renewed my free trial of Amazon prime because of this. Just give us a couple series in UHD and I would gladly give them $80 for the yearly subscription.
Have they said why we haven't been rolled out these features? It's not like Amazon has a bandwidth issue preventing it
Feb 26, 2017
2 posts
fern54 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 12:24 pm
Have they said why we haven't been rolled out these features? It's not like Amazon has a bandwidth issue preventing it
Yeah, wish I knew the reason. Especially when they roll out a new show like "Sneaky Pete" last month and it's only in 1080.
Oct 19, 2015
3 posts
Kentville, NS
I still can't believe they bothered to roll this out in Canada since the only real way to watch is via a web browser. Everyone is forced to look for workarounds. In my case am using the American xbox1 app.

They really need to rethink this, or spend a couple US dollars and get the Canadian apps working. Or if they are working to improve the service, let us know.

I can't see why anyone would shell out $ for prime video in its current state, unless your using and Android box(or Shield) and trying to access the U.S. content.

Sigh.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3309 posts
374 upvotes
Windsor
I'm a little late to the party but I just signed up for Prime Canada for another reason (games discount).... Can someone give me a summary on what devices work for the US library with a DNS service?

So far I've managed to deduce that Xbox One, sideloaded Android App and via Amazon.com are the working methods.... Any others?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9442 posts
706 upvotes
Does the US site have more shows? I might give the XB1 method a try. Just collecting dust right now.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3682 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver
MeasureTheory wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:32 pm
They added some new 4K HDR content in Canada.
Where did Grand Tour go? It's also unbelievably difficult to search for HDR/UHD stuff, like after watching season 2 of Man in the High Castle [Ultra HD], it vanished from "Available in UHD" and you can't search for it. Had to go to Season 1 of the Ultra HD version to find Season 2 again.
Apr 16, 2012
451 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
lhsonic wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 2:04 am
Where did Grand Tour go? It's also unbelievably difficult to search for HDR/UHD stuff, like after watching season 2 of Man in the High Castle [Ultra HD], it vanished from "Available in UHD" and you can't search for it. Had to go to Season 1 of the Ultra HD version to find Season 2 again.
They also had Sneaky Pete and Goliath in 4K HDR at one point during the weekend, but now both seemed to have disappeared from the "Available in UHD" list. I got to see the first episode of Sneaky Pete when it was still available in UHD, and it had some of the best HDR I've seen yet.
Jun 12, 2013
157 posts
42 upvotes
Does anyone know how I can watch the Grand Tour in 4K?

I was in the middle of it and then took a break, and now I see they've added new 4K content which is fantastic - but it seems you can only watch regular HD Grand Tour episodes which really blows because I loved the HDR.

Anyone who can help with this?
Apr 7, 2007
255 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
Andrew765 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 3:58 pm
Did we get any Apple TV/PS4/Roku apps yet?
Same question here.
I ordered prime (primarily for the free shipping) and now would like to try watching some prime content.
I hate watching TV on my computer or tablet.
What's the best way to watch on a TV?
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1954 posts
437 upvotes
Surrey
Is prime video working for firetv yet?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
2832 posts
54 upvotes
Kanata
I tried it for the 1st time last night and the stream quality kept bouncing around, it when from HD to what looked like worse than SD and then back up. It was really annoying, we only watched 1 episode of the Grand Tour. Anyone else have this issue? I rarely have this issue with Netflix or TMN/HBO Go and I wasn't using a VPN service or anything that might interfere.

I'll try again tonight or tomorrow but I wasn't very impressed with it so far.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel