• May 24th, 2017 3:45 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22758 posts
4654 upvotes
GTHA
trellaine201 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:09 pm
Okay, thanks. Which show is on the USA version that isn't in Canada?

Thank u
Bosch
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7404 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver
Cool, seems to work with VPN. But kinda sucks trying to get this working on other devices like my Xbox. Think I would have to put vpn onto my router :/ which would be a pain. DNS would be much easier.
Nov 14, 2003
108 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:47 pm
Cool, seems to work with VPN. But kinda sucks trying to get this working on other devices like my Xbox. Think I would have to put vpn onto my router :/ which would be a pain. DNS would be much easier.
That's what I do - I have it set up on my Asus router. I have my Roku using smart DNS, everything else using the ISP.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7404 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver
I have some crazy set up its shaw cable. The box is a router and cable box in one. :/

I tried Netflix just now with a DNS-unblockus as well with VPN. Neither works for Netflix.
Nov 14, 2003
108 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:34 pm
I have some crazy set up its shaw cable. The box is a router and cable box in one. :/

I tried Netflix just now with a DNS-unblockus as well with VPN. Neither works for Netflix.
Netflix is aggressively blocking VPN and DNS. This is an Amazon thread :)
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17749 posts
2947 upvotes
Thornhill
tuxedoo wrote:
May 13th, 2017 5:36 pm
I've emailed Amazon.ca about this Issue a few times. As well, I've Emailed Roku. Both accuse the other, of thwarting the issue.
Meantime, I spent $80 on a Cdn. ( I Live in B.C.) amazon Prime Membership/Subscription,
in order to get the Amazon Video app. & free shipping on some Items, but mostly for the Video App.
I have a Roku 4230 X, and I can't find the Amazon video on Roku, anywhere!
Can anyone help me, a naive, slightly Tech-Challenged but not ignorant, Grandma?
I also have an amazon.com Account, but never use it.
If I have to use a VPN, is there a decent FREE VPN, out there?
How do you set those up?
PLEASE help?
Thank You Everyone!
According to this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ ... in_canada/
https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/12/05/c ... _features/

It looks like Amazon and Roku are pointing fingers and neither are willing to do anything about support. It just does not exist in Canada. I do not own a Roku so I can't help more than this.
Apr 16, 2012
452 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
HDR10+ (HDR10 with dynamic metadata) content should be released within the next couple of months. Will only be available on Samsung 4k HDR TVs for now. So far, only Amazon has committed to streaming content in HDR10+, but Netflix is likely to follow.

Should be interesting to see how much it improves picture quality compared to static HDR10. And hopefully we'll get this content here in Canada.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel