Amazon prime video now available in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 9:27 am
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26938 posts
6405 upvotes
GTHA
Canadians now have access to two new series on Amazon Prime Video, and another one coming later this July.

Viewers can now binge all three seasons of Bosch and Catastrophe, and on July 28th, The Last Tycoon is set to come to the streaming service.

from http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/07/18/serie ... o-in-july/
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2605 posts
274 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 10:11 pm
Canadians now have access to two new series on Amazon Prime Video, and another one coming later this July.

Viewers can now binge all three seasons of Bosch and Catastrophe, and on July 28th, The Last Tycoon is set to come to the streaming service.

from http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/07/18/serie ... o-in-july/
thanks! i was waiting for bosch!
Sep 20, 2011
130 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
anyone try signing up for HBO channel through amazon.com? Does it stream live or the shows get uploaded after it airs? Looking for the cheapest way to get HBO without a cable subscription.
Feb 26, 2017
5 posts
I thought all three seasons of Bosch were available in HDR, but it's only showing HD for me.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2605 posts
274 upvotes
Does prime video work with a fire tv bought in the us?

I want to access my Canadian prime video content from Canada.
Jan 21, 2005
24 posts
Calgary
coriolis wrote:
May 18th, 2017 9:38 pm
According to this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ ... in_canada/
https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/12/05/c ... _features/

It looks like Amazon and Roku are pointing fingers and neither are willing to do anything about support. It just does not exist in Canada. I do not own a Roku so I can't help more than this.
I know this is kinda old, but this has to be an Amazon decision not to support Roku in Canada. IMHO, Amazon wants us to buy their hardware for a STB, not a 3rd party. If it wasn't for Android, I'd suggest there would be almost no one watching Prime Video.

Really tempted to cancel my prime over this, but there's other benefits to Prime membership that I occasionally take advantage of.

It's a tough call, I'm sitting on the fence to keep Prime or not.
Apr 16, 2012
487 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Last Tycoon looks absolutely gorgeous in HDR. Some of the absolute best use of HDR and wide color gamut that I've seen yet. The colors and contrast are unreal.

Looking forward to seeing some HDR10+ content, which should be released on Amazon soon. Possibly even by end of August.
Dec 8, 2010
53 posts
15 upvotes
Granby
BobSagget wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 11:23 pm
No, not at all. It doesn't matter what country you have Prime in. If you're physically in the US or tricking it to look like you're in the US (ie. VPN/DNS) then you'll see US content.
That's why you can even sign up for Prime trials at Amazon India or Amazon Germany or any numerous Amazon sites and access Canadian (or US with a VPN/DNS) content through Prime Video.
Are you saying that if you have Canadian prime, you can get prime video US content with vpn/dns.
Sep 18, 2015
5 posts
Toronto, ON
Can someone please confirm if 4k (UHD ) format is available on Prime Video Canada ? Thanks
Feb 26, 2017
5 posts
wintertrader wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 7:30 am
Can someone please confirm if 4k (UHD ) format is available on Prime Video Canada ? Thanks
There are about a dozen Amazon original series in UHD most with HDR. Manchester by the Sea is the only movie available in 4k. I'm not really impressed by the fact that most of these were available when they introduced Prime Video to Canada 6 months ago. They have added only a couple new entries since. Plus no movies to rent in UHD, Wtf.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2667 posts
105 upvotes
Have to agree, Last Tycoon looks stunning. Maybe even too stunning. lol
Do you find that sometimes the images are so vivid that they seems to be 'popping' out of the screen? like computer generated. Maybe its also the era of the show, but the makeup's on the females, its so bright, especially their lipsticks.
But overall, its amazing details. I watched the first 2 episodes just for the HDR, didn't really follow the plot too much.
Jun 29, 2010
812 posts
176 upvotes
Got Prime a couple weeks ago, and have finished The Grand Tour.
However, the interface is annoying - the images are much, much too big, you have to scroll all over the place.
Will be binging American Gods next probably.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)