None
[OP]
May 6, 2015
655 posts
163 upvotes
Unionville, ON

Amazon Returns

Hey Guys,

Just seeking a little advise on returning RAM that i bought from amazon.ca. It was the wrong one (i totally forgot my Laptop only has two slots so i have to get the one stick 4GB instead of 1 stick 2gb which is what I ordered).

So I am in the process of returning and needed some guidance. The final total with shipping came to about $27 when I ordered. I checked their estimated refund amount and it was $17. I do get that they charge shipping but my question is twofold:

1) Shouldn't they refund my tax amount less any shipping charges?
2) Is there a way to bargain the full refund back by speaking to Amazon directly and they not charge for shipping?

I'm wondering if RFD'ers have had experienced returns with amazon and provide some guidance. The shipment arrived yesterday and I filed the return yesterday as well. I have yet to ship it out. Will do after I get some guidance.

Thanks in advance guys.
3 replies
Sep 6, 2012
109 posts
81 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
They will return it for free if you ask them via live chat just explain to them the issue
[OP]
May 6, 2015
655 posts
163 upvotes
Unionville, ON
thank you shawzborne, I will try this when I get home tonight
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23987 posts
9518 upvotes
1) Yes
2) Technically since Amazon did nothing wrong you should be paying shipping return since it's a satisfaction thing over a damaged/late/broken/etc product thing.
But there's no reason you couldn't ask for them to waive return shipping and see what happens.