• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2019 3:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1183 posts
1602 upvotes

Amazon Returns Shipping Label Problems

Anyone else have this issue when returning items to amazon?

This is the third time now that I've had this issue. I'll request a return for something, and amazon gives me the printout for the return. The thing is, the postal code provided on the return label doesn't exist T0W 2A2. I went to Canada Post a couple months ago and they couldn't accept the package since the postal code wasn't valid. I had to talk to a CSR on live chat who instructed me to mail it manually to their facility and be reimbursed. That took over a month as the package arrived but nothing was done with it for a month.

I have 2 labels sitting here now, that have this same postal code that I know will just be rejected.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3672 posts
1637 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
What's the rest of the address?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1183 posts
1602 upvotes
Amazon.ca, inc
CMPP Commercial Returns
1100 49 AVE NE
Calgary, AB
T0W 2A2

And this is the address the CSR told me to manually send it to last time:

Amazon.com.ca, INC
6363 Mill Creek Dr.
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada L5N 1L8
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1708 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
According to Google Maps, this is the Canada Mail Processing Plant (Canada Post). The postal code looks to be T2E 9A9.

1100 49 Ave NE
Calgary, AB
T2E 9A9
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1183 posts
1602 upvotes
So the address itself on the return slip isn't even amazon returns then?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1183 posts
1602 upvotes
I just talked to a CSR. She just refunded me for both returns and told me to either keep the items or discard them since they can't be returned using the provided labels.

I asked about the address being fixed for possible future returns, and she said she has forwarded the issue for it to get resolved. Who knows if it will, which sucks if I need to return anything in the future, but happy with the solution this time around.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1708 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2019 2:30 pm
So the address itself on the return slip isn't even amazon returns then?
Doesn't look like it belongs to Amazon. Weird. I don't understand why Amazon would have you ship something to Canada Post.

If you went to a Canada Post office I wonder if they would have a way to look up that warehouse address for you just to verify.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12070 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
maybe its like a temp PO BOX for amazon until they get the new warehouse in Alberta running?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1183 posts
1602 upvotes
amazon.JPG

Yeah I'm not sure why it keeps popping up as the amazon returns address. Doesn't make any sense. The first time the lady at CP said she could theoretically take it, but it would just be eventually returned to me since the postal code doesn't exist. I asked if she could look up the address, and of course it didn't match. I assume if I just tossed it in a mailbox it would end up back at my place or lost.

If it was a PO box for their new AB warehouse, I would hope it would at least be a valid postal code. This issue first happened months ago.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14365 posts
3700 upvotes
London
Caerus wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 11:07 am
amazon.JPG

Yeah I'm not sure why it keeps popping up as the amazon returns address. Doesn't make any sense. The first time the lady at CP said she could theoretically take it, but it would just be eventually returned to me since the postal code doesn't exist. I asked if she could look up the address, and of course it didn't match. I assume if I just tossed it in a mailbox it would end up back at my place or lost.

If it was a PO box for their new AB warehouse, I would hope it would at least be a valid postal code. This issue first happened months ago.
I think Canada post is contracted by Amazon to handle returns. For example, all my Amazon returns go to the Canada Post Gateway facility near Toronto.

CP then likely collects and bulk ships customer returns by the tractor trailer load to Amazon. It’s possible CP also opens the return parcel and then sorts the items by the specific Amazon warehouse where that particular item needs to go
Oct 1, 2017
63 posts
81 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Still an issue. I just printed off a label with the same tracking for a return. Going to go try and drop it off now... Hope it works because I don't want to wait a month for $300 back.

Why do I have to send my stuff all the way to Calgary (and previously Richmond)? It seems weird being so close to Toronto.

Edit: no issues at drop off, had them scan/confirm it. Tracking says it will be delivered on the 6th. I assume there’s been an internal fix with Canada Post applied.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42673 posts
3242 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zobblplatz wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2019 7:01 pm
Still an issue. I just printed off a label with the same tracking for a return. Going to go try and drop it off now... Hope it works because I don't want to wait a month for $300 back.

Why do I have to send my stuff all the way to Calgary (and previously Richmond)? It seems weird being so close to Toronto.

Edit: no issues at drop off, had them scan/confirm it. Tracking says it will be delivered on the 6th. I assume there’s been an internal fix with Canada Post applied.
Well, Thunder Bay has always been associated with "Central Canada", Amazon's not the only one to do that :lol:
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Oct 1, 2017
63 posts
81 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Jon Lai wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 8:42 am
Well, Thunder Bay has always been associated with "Central Canada", Amazon's not the only one to do that :lol:
My theory is since I moved from Calgary 6 months ago, they still associate me with Western Canada.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25173 posts
10605 upvotes
zobblplatz wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2019 7:01 pm
They seem to have automated returns so when it shows as picked up they start the refund process.
Obviously if you send them a brick instead of the product they'll bill you again when they open it, but it's nice getting a quicker refund based on your drop time rather than their receive time.

I'm sending to Toronto being based in Vancouver. Sometimes Richmond too.
It makes sense honestly... why have 15 different receiving locations that require 15 different warehouses with 15 sets of staff when you can leverage an existing delivery network with probably dirt cheap rates and ship everything to one place.
It's not even polluting more since the trucks are rolling regardless.