Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon US

Dewalt Plate Joiner DW682K - $US 119

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 9:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester

Dewalt Plate Joiner DW682K - $US 119

Deal Link:
Price:
$119 US
Savings:
42%
Expiry:
February 21, 2018
Retailer:
Amazon US
I have owned this joiner since it came out on the market roughly 25 years ago and I have used it on dozens of projects, gone through 100s of biscuits over the years and it is still (a) going strong and (b) on the original blade!! It is accurate, centers easily, and holds the depth of cut over many joints. I have table tops that I glued up 20 years ago where the joints are as tight as they were back then. I cannot say enough about this tool. I agree with the dust collection comments in this otherwise very positive and fair review: https://www.hingmy.com/site/article.php ... 82K-Review

At this price, it is an absolute steal. Even factoring in exchange rate and a trip to a UPS/Fedex store across the border, this is well worth it.

Cue the jokes about fixing broken dinner plates...
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
5 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
Also knows as a biscuit joiner. I have an adapter which attaches to my router for this.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2625 posts
1620 upvotes
Alliston, ON
Reno Depot has it for $231. PM with Lowe's and you get it for $207 +tax

Edit; forgot about the lowes $10 off 50 which brings the price to under $200.
The Porter Cable 557 joiner can also be had for about $210 with a PM with TEG Tools . The porter cable is a slightly better unit and is the one I'm leaning towards
Last edited by schade on Feb 21st, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
While this would be a fair deal at $200CAD (delivered by Amazon.com to a Canadian address), it isn't a steal. It is, however, an absolute steal if you live near a border town and can have it delivered to a US address and drive it across the border. Fortunately, here in the Ottawa area, Ogdensburg NY is slightly more than a 30 minute drive and the Fedex charge and bridge toll will add only $12 to the $119 price. Further, it's a greater than 50% chance (based on my experience), that you would gate waved through customs and avoid HST. If a border town is too far, this may not be such a deal for you.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Oct 26, 2011
521 posts
244 upvotes
Deal is gone :( too bad since I've had this on 3C's for a while now watching for a deal. Would help with alignment for cabinet joints.