Shopping Discussion

Amazon wants me to buy full price to get discount...

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2014 10:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2014
1154 posts
388 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Amazon wants me to buy full price to get discount...

I sent an inquiry via Amazon.ca about an item. Now there's two colours blue or yellow. The blue one is on sale, but the yellow one isn't. So I contacted their CS asking why the price difference just for colour, he gave some blah blah answer but said he'd be willing to honour the price difference but first I have to purchase the item at full price.

Does this sound like the CS is bluffing me into paying full price? (I blocked out the link to the item)
Hello from Amazon.ca.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yes, I request you to place the order for the item in the price of $299.99.(ship and sold by Amazon.ca.) and write back with the order number, so that we will honor the price in the amount of $267.59.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

Please note: This e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please use the link above to send us your reply.

Here is the current listing for the item:

Again I apologize for any inconvenience caused. We look forward to see you again soon!

Best regards,
Vignesh P.
Something with more than two legs, but less than three.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
Why would a large retailer bluff you into paying full price? I doubt CS gets brownie points for an unethical practice like that.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
302 upvotes
Pluto
I would just do as the customer service guy said to do. Since it is in writing I am sure he isn't going to screw around with ya.
Jun 19, 2014
243 posts
121 upvotes
Keep the rep on the phone while you are making the order. I'd assume once the order is updated, you should be able to see the change in price in your order status. You can cancel the order before it ships anyways.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2014
1154 posts
388 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
an0nym0us wrote: Keep the rep on the phone while you are making the order. I'd assume once the order is updated, you should be able to see the change in price in your order status. You can cancel the order before it ships anyways.
This was an email..
Something with more than two legs, but less than three.
Jun 19, 2014
243 posts
121 upvotes
wowdoge wrote: This was an email..
Sorry, yeah. I meant it might be a good idea to call them directly while placing the order. I just skipped ahead 1 sentence too much :)
Mar 29, 2007
835 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Records of all emails and chat logs are kept on your account so new representatives will be able to see your previous interactions
You can always tell them to look back and they will see it
Amazon has great customer service and always honour their word so I wouldn't worry about them screwing you over

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)