Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[amazon] YMMV Get $10 Credit w/ Purchase of $50 in Amazon GC 1016GIFTCA

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2016 5:06 am
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Still non eligible.
I got this code worked onec before, guess it's a one time promo per account.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
earthpetal wrote: Still non eligible.
I got this code worked onec before, guess it's a one time promo per account.
Try the physical card a few posts above. I might try that on my six unsuccessful accounts. Only one was eligible and it was the newest one I have.
Dec 28, 2011
514 posts
427 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Looks like it's tied to the Prime Day deal since that's the only time I've seen this and it's not available for me. Funny thing is I didn't get the credit for that until asking originally. I did digital.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1963 posts
831 upvotes
White Rock
I tried the physical gift card on an account which never bought any gift card before and it still said "The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase".
Oct 2, 2015
671 posts
334 upvotes
Milton, ON
goodfortune wrote: I tried the physical gift card on an account which never bought any gift card before and it still said "The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase".
This doesn't appear on your checkout page?

Other option you have is to live chat with support, and give them the code 1016GIFTCA and say its not working for you, they'll make it up to you :)
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1963 posts
831 upvotes
White Rock
gtirsmiley wrote:
goodfortune wrote: I tried the physical gift card on an account which never bought any gift card before and it still said "The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase".
This doesn't appear on your checkout page?

Other option you have is to live chat with support, and give them the code 1016GIFTCA and say its not working for you, they'll make it up to you :)
I have two accounts, one worked with the code for e-GC, the other one didn't work for e-GC or physical GC (No Congratulations message).
I didn't try live chat.
Sep 15, 2010
333 posts
278 upvotes
Scarborough
alanbrenton wrote:
bk2012 wrote:
alanbrenton wrote:

I think it applies right after you receive the gift card via email. Had bought a few plumbing supplies to get our washlets working and fix a noisy/moaning toilet fill valve.
Just checked my balance again, still said $50.
I just wrote them an email, hopefully I will get some help.
Try adding things sold by amazon to your cart to see if the $10 is deducted from the total. It is not going to show on your gc balance.
Sorry for the late reply, and thank you.
Yes the promo credit will show when I checkout my order.
Pretty happy about the extra $$ from amazon!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
ot: can u buy an amazon GC and PAY using an amz gc code?

i just noticed i STILL have a $10 credit from the last promo..u need to buy any items that say
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca
otherwise it won't show up when u goto the last checkout page
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote: ot: can u buy an amazon GC and PAY using an amz gc code?

i just noticed i STILL have a $10 credit from the last promo..u need to buy any items that say
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca
otherwise it won't show up when u goto the last checkout page
Don't think you can use your past credit to buy gc.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
Some people are just too lazy to make it work. Five minutes with Chat and I had them manually add the $10 promo to my account after purchase (on a new account where I just started Prime) Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
No mention of this in their rules but you can't purchase using a gift card balance.
I stand corrected, under limitations: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... Id=1060392
Your Amazon.ca Balance cannot be used to purchase other gift cards.
Last edited by bug on Oct 16th, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
bug wrote: No mention of this in their rules but you can't purchase using a gift card balance.
Fine print on the gift card order (which is commonplace EVERYWHERE these days):
Once applied to your Amazon account, the entire amount will be added to your gift card balance. Your gift card balance can't be transferred to other accounts, used to buy other gift cards, or, except as required by law, redeemed for cash.
Mar 31, 2011
333 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal
Nothing for me. Quick chat with CS telling me to wait for email code...
Jan 26, 2009
110 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
gtirsmiley wrote: Man..Amazon is frigging awesome, I told them I couldn't add the promo code on Live Chat, and they just gave me the $10 anyways, without having to buy the gift card.

After ending the chat with them, I tried again on the GC with the code, and I got the error...

SO I tried on the PHYSICAL GC, the one where they ship to your door..and the promo code was accepted! I am going to try purchasing this with the code now, maybe I can get $20 in credit in total !
I can't find the option for live chat on the site? Not in customer service section either.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Kdegale wrote:
gtirsmiley wrote: Man..Amazon is frigging awesome, I told them I couldn't add the promo code on Live Chat, and they just gave me the $10 anyways, without having to buy the gift card.

After ending the chat with them, I tried again on the GC with the code, and I got the error...

SO I tried on the PHYSICAL GC, the one where they ship to your door..and the promo code was accepted! I am going to try purchasing this with the code now, maybe I can get $20 in credit in total !
I can't find the option for live chat on the site? Not in customer service section either.
it takes a while to finally get to live chat..u have to input some forms, and hit some buttons, they don't have instant live chat button like other sites
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Oct 2, 2015
671 posts
334 upvotes
Milton, ON
hweinb wrote: Nothing for me. Quick chat with CS telling me to wait for email code...
Disconnect and try again with another rep
Kdegale wrote:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/contact-us/

Click on Non-Order Related and pick the promotion menu, talk to them there.
Jan 24, 2015
137 posts
60 upvotes
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Thanks OP, it worked!
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
Almost forgot about this one! Thanks for update :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)