Entertainment

AMC 'Better Call Saul' (Breaking Bad prequel spin off) final season debuts April 18 2022

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2023 10:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
adamtheman wrote: ***SPOILERS***

Pretty brutal ending. Chuck dying like that was brutal. Total mental breakdown. I wonder how Chuck's death will affect next season.
Most likely but not confirmed.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
adamtheman wrote: It has been confirmed. Michael McKean said that Chuck dies in the fire in an interview. Unless he is lying, which is highly unlikely.

Here's the full interview: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/arts ... chuck.html
Oh darn, would've been good just to leave it open. Tx for the confirmation.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
****SPOILER****

The only thing I'm disappointed w/ is how Jimmy righted his wrong by exposing his trickery to those old folks. W/ his cunning, I'm sure he could've cooked up something much better while keeping himself in their good graces. Also, too bad no Mike in the finale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Well I guess Chuck really was crazy..... wonder if they'll explain what really set him off at the end. Was it some sort of extreme OCD?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
coilz wrote: Well I guess Chuck really was crazy..... wonder if they'll explain what really set him off at the end. Was it some sort of extreme OCD?
I assumed it was because he found himself alone by himself in house. IE he had alienated his firm, his friend, his brother, and his wife. He was a rich man pigeon holed in his house without friends. He pushed everyone away. I figured that's what cause him to break and kick the lantern off the table.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: I assumed it was because he found himself alone by himself in house. IE he had alienated his firm, his friend, his brother, and his wife. He was a rich man pigeon holed in his house without friends. He pushed everyone away. I figured that's what cause him to break and kick the lantern off the table.
that's how i saw it. the more he pushed people away, the more his psyche suffered. his whole life pretty much revolved around his practice and jimmy taking care of him. those were his only distractions to keep his "demons" in check. with those 2 now gone his condition came back full force and he no longer felt a reason to live.

on the other side of the coin, jimmy has this constant push and pull between doing the right thing and "slippin" into saul mode. after kim's accident, he tried to bring jimmy "the good" to the forefront by fessing up to the old ladies (in his own unique way...even if it meant he was doing it at his own expense) and trying to make amends with chuck, who he always looked up to and used as of a moral compass of sorts. with chuck first pushing him away and now dying it appears this will be the turning point for saul to truly emerge.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Now I guess the only mystery is what will happen to Kim ? Since she was never mentioned in BB
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Actually, my mem's hazy...where is the Cinnabon in the overall timeline and what is Saul potentially guilty of?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: Actually, my mem's hazy...where is the Cinnabon in the overall timeline and what is Saul potentially guilty of?
The cinnabun part should occur after Breaking bad.. it was after Saul had to leave New Mexico after sh*t hit the fan with walter. How long after we don't know... probably a year or two after breaking bad. Probably guilty of aiding criminal, money laundering, etc etc?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
this episode jimmy was in full on "fix it" mode. fixing the relationship between the old ladies, taking care of kim, and attempting to repair his relationship with his brother. we could see how jimmy could have traveled down the good guy road if his brother accepted his apology and they tried to rebuild their relationship. the rebuke from chuck followed by his death is likely the fork in the road moment...i anticipate the dark devious side, we all know and love so well, will come out and play soon. btw, chuck basically told jimmy to not have an regrets and just embrace who he is.

a few questions for next season: did chuck deposit the $3MM check from howard? what happens to the remaining $9MM howard said he was going to give chuck? was that in writing or does it even need to be as chuck was a partner? is jimmy in chuck's will? i'm guessing no and jimmy may use his "saul wiles" to try and get a chunk of chuck's estate.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Oct 28, 2016
117 posts
20 upvotes
I LOVED the show "Breaking Bad". For me, this is the best TV series of all time. I heard about the show "Better call Saul". Anybody have any guess how many seasons it's gonna last?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
I think they mentioned they're in 2003 right now in the story? And BB started in 2005/6ish? I would guess 6 seasons max
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
coilz wrote: The cinnabun part should occur after Breaking bad.. it was after Saul had to leave New Mexico after sh*t hit the fan with walter. How long after we don't know... probably a year or two after breaking bad. Probably guilty of aiding criminal, money laundering, etc etc?
Something tells me Jimmy ending up in the Cinnabon is the result of witness protection.

Sad to see Chuck end, McKean deserves an award for that role, he was brilliant.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
After Chuck got exposed at the trial especially in front of his ex-wife, the way Howard went out of his way to kick him out of HHM and the talk with Jimmy I suspected his days were counted. Was my least favorite main character of the show so I'm ok with him out.

Really liked the way Jimmy got exposed for his old ladies manipulation. Was the settlement actually signed?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
peli33 wrote: After Chuck got exposed at the trial especially in front of his ex-wife, the way Howard went out of his way to kick him out of HHM and the talk with Jimmy I suspected his days were counted. Was my least favorite main character of the show so I'm ok with him out.

Really liked the way Jimmy got exposed for his old ladies manipulation. Was the settlement actually signed?
The think about Chuck is he was written to be unlikable. I think the actor did an excellent job on that. I loved the look in his eyes when he realized Howard used his own money just to get him out of the company... lol

I'm actually curious if Chuck ever cashed the cheque or if it burned up in the fire. Thus to material evidence the partnership broker in which case maybe Howard and HHM don't get taken to the cleaners. Howard's looks a bit fake, but overall he seemed like an alright guy.. Well I guess compared to chuck..
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
zod wrote: I'm actually curious if Chuck ever cashed the cheque or if it burned up in the fire. Thus to material evidence the partnership broker in which case maybe Howard and HHM don't get taken to the cleaners. Howard's looks a bit fake, but overall he seemed like an alright guy.. Well I guess compared to chuck..
The way everyone turned against him, I wouldn't be surprised if he did cash it and burned it all in cash with him. Can't see him giving away anything in a Will.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
peli33 wrote: The way everyone turned against him, I wouldn't be surprised if he did cash it and burned it all in cash with him. Can't see him giving away anything in a Will.
It seems like such a short time between when he met with Howard and destroyed his house, that I wondered if he never got the chance. I also don't think any banks keep that kind of cash in the vault? That seems like a lot. I guess it could of happened.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Saul Goodman wants to help YOU win an Emmy!

Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
And it is confirmed, Chuck did die.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)