Entertainment

AMC 'Better Call Saul' (Breaking Bad prequel spin off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2018 3:30 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
Great episode. So far my fav this season. Nice to see Chuck again. Kinda miss the guy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 2:07 pm
Yes, was going to ask about Kim as I've been zoning out during her scenes, some sort of 'guilt' or wanting to do more but I have no idea what's up w/ her taking those 'useless'/silly criminal cases, esp to the pt of affecting her main client. Hate irrational behavior.

As for Howard, I guess he feels somehow responsible for Chuck's death.
Where's everyone? I want my answers dammit lol. :D
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
Maybe Howard and Kim are keeping a secret. Maybe Chuck left money to Jimmy if he changes his name.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria
Howard does feel guilty for Chuck because he doesn't know it was Jimmy that call the insurer and ratted out his brother.

I kind of thought Kim was a little like Jimmy. Maybe it's why they get along so well. Just like Jimmy she gets restless doing boring lawyer work :)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
webshark wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 1:41 pm
Any theories on Howard or Kim? They both acting strange.
I think for Howard it's straightforward Chuck guilt. For Kim Chuck's death (and her own car accident) served as an awakening, we see how much she admired Chuck from her HHM mail room days, saw him as a crusader who used the law to help people, his death has caused her to question her purpose as a lawyer/in life and essentially try to be more like Chuck.

It was interesting to see that the only reason Jimmy became a lawyer was Kim, not his brother. Now that she has quashed his dreams of a law-firm together he has even more motivation to commit to a life of crime and to what we saw in BB with him.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
Sadly I can see this show running only one season unless the last season is in the present. I am liking the fact that the last few episodes have been all about Jimmy. Its also really weird to hear ppl calling him Saul.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3686 posts
578 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 10:55 am
Sadly I can see this show running only one season unless the last season is in the present. I am liking the fact that the last few episodes have been all about Jimmy. Its also really weird to hear ppl calling him Saul.
You mean one more season? As it's already season 4 ;)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
There's only so much they can do, that's the reality of prequels, unless they start making up stuff and tangents. I'm looking forward to any BB sequel to show the aftermath, there's lots to explore there...and bring Mike back!!!!!, he didn't convincingly die! ;)
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6162 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Anyone have any guesses of what Kim has planned with the notepads, crayons, pencils, etc?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 7:46 pm
Anyone have any guesses of what Kim has planned with the notepads, crayons, pencils, etc?
No idea, I'm starting to tune out w/ her, she's getting irrational.

So what's up w/ Jimmy mocking her new boss? Pent up resentment for leaving their arrangement of opening an office together?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6162 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 8:15 pm
So what's up w/ Jimmy mocking her new boss? Pent up resentment for leaving their arrangement of opening an office together?
Definitely. I think that has the be the only reason for being that way towards him.
Kim is doing what is morally and justly right in her newfound career direction, while Jimmy has transitioned into Saul.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 10:30 pm
Definitely. I think that has the be the only reason for being that way towards him.
Kim is doing what is morally and justly right in her newfound career direction, while Jimmy has transitioned into Saul.
If that's the case, maybe they will break up eventually and my theory of her dying will be wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9087 posts
1732 upvotes
Somewhere
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 7:46 pm
Make it about race regarding Huell's case.
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 11:06 pm
If that's the case, maybe they will break up eventually and my theory of her dying will be wrong.
Or she follow's Jimmy down his path and ruins her career for doing so.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
zod wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 10:15 am
Or she follow's Jimmy down his path and ruins her career for doing so.
Perhaps as anything's possible but doesn't it seem like she's getting more 'public defender' nowadays? She'll need to do an 180 I suppose.