Entertainment

AMC 'Better Call Saul' (Breaking Bad prequel spin off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2018 3:30 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 1:14 pm
Perhaps as anything's possible but doesn't it seem like she's getting more 'public defender' nowadays? She'll need to do an 180 I suppose.
Yah but I think she became a public defender because she got restless. We've seen hints through out the series that sometimes she shows slight Jimmy like tendancies. Usually she's on the up and up, but sometimes she'll go along with Jimmy's crap. That last scene where prosecutor tarnished Jimmy's good name, and she called up Jimmy saying she has an idea. I'm wondering how much on the up and up that'll be.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9087 posts
1732 upvotes
Somewhere
My guess for Kim is that she gets an offer to relocate since Mesa Verde is growing so much in the Midwest.

Maybe that's why Saul goes to Omaha after the BB events?
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
zod wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:49 pm
Yah but I think she became a public defender because she got restless. We've seen hints through out the series that sometimes she shows slight Jimmy like tendancies. Usually she's on the up and up, but sometimes she'll go along with Jimmy's crap. That last scene where prosecutor tarnished Jimmy's good name, and she called up Jimmy saying she has an idea. I'm wondering how much on the up and up that'll be.
Yup, she's a micro-Saul but definitely nowhere near Jimmy's level. I thought she's doing that public defender stuff out of conscience, didn't another poster suggest that? Agree that her upcoming scheme is probably not by-the-books.

iEyeCaptain wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 4:03 pm
My guess for Kim is that she gets an offer to relocate since Mesa Verde is growing so much in the Midwest.

That's a good guess and hopefully means the producers want to keep her alive.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
newt_101 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 7:46 pm
Anyone have any guesses of what Kim has planned with the notepads, crayons, pencils, etc?
2 things come to mind, either she plans to get a classroom of kids to portray Huell as someone who has made a difference (somehow) and should not go to jail or she plans to use the not guilty due to mental impairment route for him.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 4:03 pm

I expect something tragic to happen to her because of Jimmy, what was it Chuck said about his brother, "In the end, you're going to hurt everyone around you. You can't help it."
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2584 posts
445 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 5:56 pm
I expect something tragic to happen to her because of Jimmy, what was it Chuck said about his brother, "In the end, you're going to hurt everyone around you. You can't help it."
I agree. Kim is going to disappear somehow. On another note.. how far do you guys think we're away from Breaking bad timeline? A year or two? Will they encroach on the BB timeline by telling story only from Saul's POV?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
My Kim theory is she knows Mesa verde is a fraud and that's why she started acting out after they showed her the expansion plans. She also made a mistake on paperwork, most likely on purpose. I am thinking Kim goes to prison.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
webshark wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 4:50 pm
My Kim theory is she knows Mesa verde is a fraud and that's why she started acting out after they showed her the expansion plans. She also made a mistake on paperwork, most likely on purpose. I am thinking Kim goes to prison.
Whoa, did you catch something? I must've missed that part, please elaborate.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
This latest episode made me laugh, just showed that even with few resources Jimmy & Kim can be sting-like master manipulators.
Last edited by scoper on Sep 25th, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
webshark wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 4:50 pm
Didn't see anything in the show to suggest fraud by Mesa, I think Kim is just bored out of her mind with the banking law side of things now.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1991 posts
355 upvotes
Her switch seems so sudden since she's been enjoying doing her pro bono cases.

That mini call centre scam that Jimmy had going was great. That was good tv.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9087 posts
1732 upvotes
Somewhere
what a great show

so many layers

one observation though. i dont think it's possible for someone to binge watch the whole thing in a short period of time to get all caught up. there's just so many details that need digesting week-to-week.
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8217 posts
1025 upvotes
Victoria
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2018 5:18 pm
Her switch seems so sudden since she's been enjoying doing her pro bono cases.

That mini call centre scam that Jimmy had going was great. That was good tv.
I don't think it was sudden. I even saw it coming. They've laid down groundwork that Kim likes to be bad from time to time. All the way back to season 1 when she ran that scam in the restaurant with Jimmy. I think there's a reason Kim likes/loves Jimmy, and there's breadcrumbs of it laid throughout the series.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1991 posts
355 upvotes
Ya, that's why she pulled out the cork from her drawer, I'm pretty sure that was from the time they scammed that guy in the restaurant. But that was a while ago and in previous episodes she has been so adamant in helping people in need even at the expense of her biggest client. I don't mind though, I was starting to dislike her for abandoning Jimmy and their plans for their own firm. I like her again.
Baaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)