Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 13, 2012
1441 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto

AMD HDMI Audio - Becomes Primary Screen

Ok, so I rebuilt my computer recently and now when I plug in my AV receiver via HDMI to my GPU, it makes the AV receiver primary display and I can't change it since it's off screen.

How the heck do I fix this so it stops changing my primary display?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
hook the receiver to a TV and change it on that. if you are just using the receiver for sound i would suggest maybe using a different connection.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga

P.s I thought HDMI only worked one way. What are you trying to do?
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22158 posts
10323 upvotes
Toronto
Does your video card have a dvi and hdmi output or 2 hdmi outputs?

If you are using Windows 7/8, connect the tv to your video card, boot the machine, turn on the receiver, connect the receiver, and extend the desktop to the receiver.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
You can also use the Win+P shortcut to try to change the display configuration to duplicate/clone, and then go from there. It may take multiple presses for it to switch to the right mode you want.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
ceraf wrote: You can also use the Win+P shortcut to try to change the display configuration to duplicate/clone, and then go from there. It may take multiple presses for it to switch to the right mode you want.
+1
Deal Addict
May 13, 2012
1441 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Let me be more specific. My A/V receiver is hooked up to my GPU in my computer via HDMI. With AMD HDMI Audio driver you can hook up sound digitally without using a Toslink.

The problem is, the AMD driver treats the A/V receiver as a monitor. For some reason while, my main display is now actually changed to main display, in Screen resolution it is display #2 instead of #1. So, when I open new programs it opens them on monitor #1, which is my A/V receiver.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)