• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 9:50 pm
Oct 24, 2009
559 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver
dotsandpixels wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 10:11 pm
Just want to confirm that I received the 25% bonus points as well. All is good here.
Was it posted at the same time with the regular points? Or did the 25% come later? Also, how long did it take? Sorry for all the questions, need to make a last minute booking...
Jan 31, 2016
804 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto, ON
absolutcamper wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 9:18 pm
Was it posted at the same time with the regular points? Or did the 25% come later? Also, how long did it take? Sorry for all the questions, need to make a last minute booking...
Bonus points posted at same time as regular points. No worries, go ahead transfer and book! Took a couple of days to post. The last amex avios promo was January 2016.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
So I can use avios to fly anywhere AA flys to from YYZ yes? I think it's 4-5 direct spots anyway from TO like Miami, lax and Chi I believe.

I didn't realize I could call Avios and book with them because I can't find any AA flights as well 4-5 months out?
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7104 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
Someone help me here I have160,000 Aeroplan miles. Need to go to Italy in September 2018 then continue to somewhere in Asia (not too picky but prefer Cambodia Vietnam and Laos) I'm not familiar with Avila and willl likely book soon. Is this really hotter then just booking Turkish and Swiss to dodge scam charges

I'm a bit flexible outside of the wedding on early September

Please let me know or pm/dm me
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2130 posts
692 upvotes
YUL/YVR
GangStarr wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 12:58 pm
Someone help me here I have160,000 Aeroplan miles. Need to go to Italy in September 2018 then continue to somewhere in Asia (not too picky but prefer Cambodia Vietnam and Laos) I'm not familiar with Avila and willl likely book soon. Is this really hotter then just booking Turkish and Swiss to dodge scam charges

I'm a bit flexible outside of the wedding on early September

Please let me know or pm/dm me
Wrong forum/thread for this.
Jun 25, 2012
117 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 10:48 pm
So I can use avios to fly anywhere AA flys to from YYZ yes? I think it's 4-5 direct spots anyway from TO like Miami, lax and Chi I believe.

I didn't realize I could call Avios and book with them because I can't find any AA flights as well 4-5 months out?
No, only AA saver awards. Good luck, AA availability has been garbage!
Sep 16, 2016
90 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Faint! I think it is American Airlines. And curious why do you guys convert AA miles to Avios. And both of them are in the same alliance. There are almost no differences between redeeming miles for flight tickets.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1473 posts
491 upvotes
Ontario
Before I pull the trigger, I would appreciate some advice here please, I have 65,600 points, is it a good move to convert all of it now if I want to save up for a trip to Hong Kong? I am leery about converting to Aeroplan with their impending changes, and I like the option of flying with Cathay Pacific as opposed to Air Canada. Thanks in advance Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 1, 2003
634 posts
99 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 12:37 pm
Before I pull the trigger, I would appreciate some advice here please, I have 65,600 points, is it a good move to convert all of it now if I want to save up for a trip to Hong Kong? I am leery about converting to Aeroplan with their impending changes, and I like the option of flying with Cathay Pacific as opposed to Air Canada. Thanks in advance Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I think if you are not ready to book a flight yet, I'd hold on to Amex rewards so you have more flexibility in alliances to use. This promo happens about twice a year and sometimes can be up to 50% transfer promo. I transferred during a promo years ago and still have over 200,000 avios points I haven't been able to use. Short haul flights are the best redemption but I don't take enough on oneworld to use up what I have.
Nov 1, 2003
634 posts
99 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 10:48 pm

Also, the old American Airways hubs are included since they took them over. The current list of hubs is Dallas/Fort Worth, Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Philadelphia, Miami, Phoenix, Washington, DC-National, Los Angeles, New York-JFK, and New York-LaGuardia. You can find direct flights from YYZ to these.
Apr 4, 2017
119 posts
22 upvotes
With 160k points, you can do 3 stopover anywhere around the world. Search by each segment.
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
617 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
dotsandpixels wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 10:11 pm
Just want to confirm that I received the 25% bonus points as well. All is good here.
Edit: just read other poster that this is normal and bonus will only show in ba acct deposit

Did it only show when pts appear on your BA account? I just did transfer and email confirmation has 1:1 ratio only and on AE website in account activities it shows 1:1 ratio redemption in program and partner pts too
Last edited by MrWhiteCoffee on Oct 29th, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 31, 2016
804 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 10:53 am

Edit: just read other poster that this is normal and bonus will only show in ba acct deposit

Did it only show when pts appear on your BA account? I just fix transfer and email confirmation has 1:1 ratio only and on AE website in account activities it shows 1:1 ratio redemption in program and partner pts too
All emails show 1: 1 transfer but BA account will show the 25% additional points. No worries, I've done 4 transfers so far and all is good. Waiting on the Marriot travel package transfer to go through.